Knott's Berry Farm | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Berry Farm

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Haha. Wasn't trying to single you out, but with less being offered, they really need to make parking free again unless they're really banking on holiday traffic to sustain the businesses. I'm guessing parking will be free again by next week. Personally, the festivities shown in BVS doesn't justify $10 parking fee. All you get is a shot next to the trolley. I think Knott's will offer more festivities with free parking.
No argument there..but Disney chrages 100 plus bucks for tickets...and I haven't been to DCA in over 5 years...so it will be fun to get to go in. Something to do on the weekend besides play video games..lol

Knotts Berry Farm will be open for FREE the next two weeks, only shopping allowed no food, details down below.

I figured they'd find an alternative. They have been very adaptive this year to the challenges.

I figured they'd find an alternative. They have been very adaptive this year to the challenges.
Who ever is leading should get a raise after things go back to normal...or their family given lifetime passes. They have done a very good job with everything.

You'd Think Disney or Universal would be the leaders of these kinda things...nope its Knotts which I think in the long run will help them many people/kids will be have memories from this year that as positive and must will be coming from Knotts events.

Reactions: Rideguy70
So since I was out at Disneyland today and was done before 11 AM, I headed to knotts. Took maybe ten mins to get in even with a little line because its free and no tickets had to be checked.

Knotts was for the most part pretty dead, I mean some parts felt full but compared to the last time I went the parking lot didn't even fill up 1/3 of the way and last time I went they were using two parking area's and this time it was just the one which like i said wasn't even close to being filled.
Its cool if your a local and walk in but If you are traveling for this I say do both Disneyland and Knotts...because Knotts only had parts of Ghost town open and the Fountain area in front of the new Berry Ride, thats it. You can't see all the cool decorations in Camp Snoopy or the Pier area so just a heads up its something you can walk and look at each stand in an hour or less.

So since I was out at Disneyland today and was done before 11 AM, I headed to knotts. Took maybe ten mins to get in even with a little line because its free and no tickets had to be checked.

Knotts was for the most part pretty dead, I mean some parts felt full but compared to the last time I went the parking lot didn't even fill up 1/3 of the way and last time I went they were using two parking area's and this time it was just the one which like i said wasn't even close to being filled.
Its cool if your a local and walk in but If you are traveling for this I say do both Disneyland and Knotts...because Knotts only had parts of Ghost town open and the Fountain area in front of the new Berry Ride, thats it. You can't see all the cool decorations in Camp Snoopy or the Pier area so just a heads up its something you can walk and look at each stand in an hour or less.

Good to know. They posted on Instagram yesterday that you can see the light displays in Camp Snoopy starting next weekend, which looks like it's the last weekend they are doing the free event before Taste of Merry Farm starts back up on 12/27.

This was a nice quick alternative to allow people to still check out the craft vendors they have in Ghost Town, not really to go and explore the park so I can understand why they'd only have some sections open. Hopefully it helped a little bit with the tasting event being closed.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I'm surprised, I thought the Camp Snoopy area was already open for the Village? I thought I saw a few different people on twitter posting pics from the Camp Snoopy area just yesterday...? But those same accounts confirm that only that and Calico area are open. Which is depressing, but makes sense under the circumstances.

Tickets are on sale for 12/27 onward, but with the rates going sky high ask they are, I won't be surprised in the least if this Stay at Home order continues for a while longer and those later dates get canceled. Things have been looking progressively worse from a Covid point of view, not better or even leveling off. Just going up and up and up. Right now, the number of people who have Covid in California are more than the entire population of Hawaii.

I went yesterday and Camp Snoopy was open and lit up at night. You can only access it by turning right after you enter the park. Access by Sutter's Funnel Cake was blocked off.

Yikes! Cali has 27,000+ cases today. OC has 3,000+ cases today. This will likely cancel the rest of Merry Farm dates if ICU beds don't open up in a few weeks.

Well I'm meeting Friends at Knotts...so I will see if the trail is open when I go. If its only at night no clue if we will be there or not but I also doubt the event will be allowed to reopen....too many people getting sick still. With Christmas and New years coming up I doubt Restaurants will be allowed to open until February.

Also while I see friends, we do not hug, we stay apart, are outside and wear mask....how hard is it?

Well, looks like the free event carries on for now. The rest of Taste of Merry Farm has been cancelled.

Sadly this makes sense.

I saw a Disney Blogger talking about DCA opening more and Main Street, and its like I highly doubt until February or later will we be able to have restaurants open again

Reactions: Rideguy70
Sadly this makes sense.

I saw a Disney Blogger talking about DCA opening more and Main Street, and its like I highly doubt until February or later will we be able to have restaurants open again

Personally I don't see them opening up Disneyland at all until they can actually fully open again, even at a low capacity. I think it would have been a slam dunk to do a hard ticketed Main Street snack and shop thing, but who knows what is going on behind the scenes. My guess is we'll probably see DCA open a little more and bring back dining when they can until the parks are just open again. In fact, they were planning on opening up a larger section of Hollywoodland and the Grizzly Peak area about 24 hours before the new regulations came into effect.

Regarding Knott's to stay on topic, yes I am saddened as well. It makes sense as things aren't getting any better here at the moment - California just surpassed 50k positive cases in the last 24 hours. At least they still have the free event going. Hopefully that will help the vendors for the rest of the season.

So went to Knotts last night the Christmas Trail is right when you enter the park to the right in Camp Snoopy....kinda weird its only one way in an one way out and no signs or fanfair leading you to it.

But the area is very well done, for FREE its a steal you get to walk in and see all this and Ghost Town. I personally liked the Halloween stuff more..but this is very cool as well no doubt.

I generally don't like retweeting myself, lol, but I haven't seen anyone else post the specific menu of To Go items at Sutter's Grill, so here's the menu:

Everything is served cold and is given a paper explaining reheating instructions. We actually nearly got one of everything (Empendas, Samosas, Turkey Bites, Butternut Squash soup, Tamales, and Brussel Sprouts), and it was pretty good. My only minor complaint was the Butternut Squash soup was pretty runny (not creamy), but it did still taste good.

Knott’s is about to hold a hiring event for 1700 people for anticipation of reopening the park with rides

Hmmmm....sounds like they plan on opening sooner rather than later. Looks like Knott’s has jumped on the reopening train with SFMM.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Biden said we will have enough Vaccines by end of May to have every adult have one

I say Theme Parks should be able to open by June the latest in CA. Glad everything is moving so fast

Reactions: Freak
Knott’s is about to hold a hiring event for 1700 people for anticipation of reopening the park with rides

Hmmmm....sounds like they plan on opening sooner rather than later. Looks like Knott’s has jumped on the reopening train with SFMM.
Similar topic, but I believe this is what Universal is announcing this week. Over on Theme Park Insider, a couple of employees commented that they're receiving traning this week What's Going On at Universal Studios Hollywood?