Knott's Berry Farm | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Berry Farm

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yikes.

16604761379_a38bb4d959_n.jpg

Photo courtesy of Knott's Network: https://instagram.com/p/0GrZgDMYWK/

Something tells me that thing is finished with its paint job, too.

Sigh I've been trying to hold hope but I have a sinking feeling (haaaa) that Knott's will be a laughingstock two months from now in the theme park community. Poor Ouimet only had so much of a budget...

Reactions: BernardMesa
^ It's the saturated and cheap paint colors and it's the boxy almost 90s design. It looks like a Lego toy almost. I mean, knowing what the ride will be like and what the premise will be makes me scratch my head to think that THIS is the ride vehicle. The ride will feature Steam punk creatures, why couldn't they make the vehicle steam punk?

Yeah. Those ride vehicles don't look like submarines.

The popular rumor is that there will be minimal sets so they can have a haunt overlay in the future. Unfortunately, seeing the ride vehicle is making me believe it. I do know there's supposed to be an indoor queue above Johnny Rockett's.

I want to be pleasantly surprised, but after seeing that....I dunno.

^ It's the saturated and cheap paint colors and it's the boxy almost 90s design. It looks like a Lego toy almost. I mean, knowing what the ride will be like and what the premise will be makes me scratch my head to think that THIS is the ride vehicle. The ride will feature Steam punk creatures, why couldn't they make the vehicle steam punk?
Lack of $$$$

Reactions: William
Agreed. We're nearly two months away from the opening and there has been zero progress on the attraction's exterior (and it's MISSING A RAMP TO GET UP TO IT)... the Mine Train and Log Flume refurbs were fine in them taking nine months. However, an entire dark ride being constructed in an nine to ten month timeframe in this day and age? Not a real boost of confidence there.

I keep trying to be optimistic about this but combined with the ride designer's prior projects and all the rumors that have been floating around this could end up as this Knott's version of Antarctica. Man, if Blackfish didn't do enough to SeaWorld's rep, that ride absolutely burned many bridges in the theme park community alone.

^ Antarctica was at least beautiful and detail wise was well done and immersive, but the execution and story and integration was horrendous.

I had such high hopes for this new Knotts ride. I feel like lack of funding is a crappy excuse. MAKE funding before you take on such a big project, especially if they want to revitalize their park and be proper competition. *shrug*

^ Antarctica was at least beautiful and detail wise was well done and immersive, but the execution and story and integration was horrendous.

I had such high hopes for this new Knotts ride. I feel like lack of funding is a crappy excuse. MAKE funding before you take on such a big project, especially if they want to revitalize their park and be proper competition. *shrug*
I think it's the fact that Triotech had worked with Cedar Fair and that while Guardian wasn't a hit with the fan community, it was with guests and has a changeability factor, not to mention they were able to manufacture it at such a low cost. I don't think it's as much of an excuse as it is a misguided choice. Theme park fans were much more lenient to the Log Ride and Mine Train do-overs due to the fact that Cedar Fair had set such low expectations as a brand (I mean, at least Six Flags would try sometimes), so even though the animatronics weren't Disney or Universal quality, they were advanced enough and the scenes were lit so well that it wasn't a big deal. Plus two aging classics got a pristine makeover that didn't insult the original. This is due to the fact that they handed the project to Garner Holt, who had a lot of experience and knew how to make things work.

If Cedar handed this ride off to the Goddard Group or Holt again, they would make it work within budget limitations. Instead, Knott's is trying to work alongside a designer who, if we have to be totally honest, excels in making the cheapest product possible that can still attract an audience. Unfortunately they must not think much of their audience (or have incredibly stupidly large egos) when they proclaimed to produce something that can stand along the giants. Everything we've seen so far is the contrary.

Saddest part is that this is the finale in a three-year plan of Ouimet's to brighten the family side of the park and make it a suitable companion to entice guests to spend a day of their Disneyland vacation over in Buena Park along with the locals. I have no doubt Cedar Fair is going to demand either a new coaster or a retrack of Ghost Rider in order to hinder itself against Potter at USH in 2016. Whatever Iron Reef is, we just have to live with it.

^ Yeah, in the original press release, didn't Knotts even state that Iron Reef will be just as good if not better than its competition or something like that? Absolutely stupid. This is DCA 1.0 all over again. You'd think these companies would learn. I agree, Goddard Group or Holt would've done amazing things.

^ Triotech said that it will be better than the competition in thr LA Times article. I'm afraid that Iron Reef will stand out in stark contrast to Calico and Timber Mountain because of the quality, budget and knowledge of the audience.

They really didn't advertise for this very well, either. Not many people are going to know that this ride even exists.

Ghostrider definitely needs a re track. It's getting to be a rougher ride every time now. To the point where it physically hurts me to ride and I have to hold my chest down the entire time.

I like GhostRider, but it gives me a bad headache after. Not fun having your entire body tossed around in a small little rollercoaster car.

Back row of Ghostrider = Whiplash

Middle Row of Ghostrider = Headache

Front row of Ghostrider = Enjoyable

Look, they need to fix Ghostrider as its surprisingly one of my favorite attractions but the problems I have had on it are really bad.