Knott's Berry Farm | Page 85 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Berry Farm

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We were able to get a sneak peek at Knott's Hotel's refurbishment, as well as preview what's to come for this year's Boysenberry Festival.

The Boysenberry Festival starts this Friday, March 8th.

We were able to get a sneak peek at Knott's Hotel's refurbishment, as well as preview what's to come for this year's Boysenberry Festival.

The Boysenberry Festival starts this Friday, March 8th.

Can’t wait to be there this Friday to try the food!

I already stopped by the hotel (didn't stay, but saw the lobby and gift shop) and ate at the restaurant. I enjoyed it a great deal, and I think it'd make a great place to get good food without a long wait. And given it's a theme park hotel restaurant, the prices are very reasonable, with most entrees $15-18, and a pretty good variety of items from burgers, salads, pasta, pizza, and fajitas!

Interestingly, no fried chicken... so I suppose they're keeping that exclusive to the Chicken Dinner Restaurant--which makes sense. And they were putting the finishing touches on an outdoor dinning area that appears to include a fireplace, which sounds super cozy!

I like the darker color exterior, not a fan of the farm-like white walls/paneling. I would've looked at the concept art & asked "Does it come in black?"

Glad to hear the food is good. Hopefully they continue the trend of seasonal food options available too.

Obviously probably too early to say since they're only just now restarting construction and we haven't seen the station or queue or anything touched, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say May-ish 2025 opening sounds reasonable since they're getting straight to restarting construction? Could see them trying to get it out by like mid to late april if they wanted to stack publicity right after boysenberry fest is out of the way.

Reactions: Wesker69
I just really hope they give the queue the proper treatment & make it indoor like Jaguar. Also it'd be nice if the station became more themed/enclosed as well to really sell that "Forbidden Fortress" title

Spring is in the air, and that means the boysenberries are in bloom at Knott's!

FYI, the Camp Snoopy store inside the park soft opened just today. Looks more modern, now has a new second entrance. Employees said it's not yet finished, and that both the clock outside and the train that ran inside the store will return!

Gotta love Knott's reopening things even though they're not completed yet. It's like Fiesta & Propshop all over again. *sigh*

In other news, the Camp Snoopy Railroad has all of its track removed now. So at least there's been movement with that renovation/upgrade.

Was at the park for a couple hours yesterday to check out some of the Boysenberry Festival offerings. Rode Xcelerator before it got too crowded, which is good because it's still running only one train. The second train is nowhere to be seen, so my assumption is it's being refurbished ahead of summer.

IMG_3021.jpeg

Log Ride was closed for refurbishment and Hangtime didn't open while we were at the park, but it didn't appear that was a planned closure. The good news is that there appears to have been a lot of repainting/general refurbishment around the park. Signs, railings, etc. looked fresh and well-taken care of.

IMG_3016.jpeg

Also great: Stumbled into the General Store and found a bunch of attraction-specific merch, which is an area Knott's hasn't always excelled in. We grabbed one of the Ghostrider shirts, which is very soft and comfortable (they do shrink quite a bit though, so keep that in mind as they look ginormous in the store).

IMG_3018.jpegIMG_3017.jpeg

Speaking of merch: There was a bunch of Montezooma merch available near the entrance to Fiesta Village (across from whatever they're calling Waveswinger now).

IMG_3027.jpegIMG_3026.jpegIMG_3024.jpeg

Didn't notice any work going on over by the coaster, but frankly didn't expect any either. We didn't end up trying any of the food (food stands weren't opening, by and large, until noon, which I thought was a bit silly) but still had a nice enough time. We'll probably make an effort to go back later this month with the intention of just trying a bunch of the food.

Attachments

• IMG_3032.jpeg
    IMG_3032.jpeg
    597.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3029.jpeg
    IMG_3029.jpeg
    499.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3023.jpeg
    IMG_3023.jpeg
    726.5 KB · Views: 2
Interesting to see they redid the Calico ride shirts. Can't decide if they look better than the previous "poster" style or not.

LOVE the new logo shirt for Montezooma

What's the GhostRider shirt look like? I have yet to see one worth whatever they're charging for it lol

Okay. I don't hate it. But I don't love it. If you ask me what I want from GhostRider merch (outside of the Nanocoaster)... I don't even know lol

I think my brain just automatically wants to emphasize the "ghost" part of the name. Make it spooky as if it was haunt season merch.

Very interesting post on LinkedIn by former Cedar Fair CEO and Disneyland Resort President Matt Quimet:

I had a great communications team at Disneyland (Kristin and Jay, along with others). We once put a speech together that was organized like chapters in a book. Appropriate for this story was the chapter titled “If their heads are so big, why are their ears so small.” We displayed a picture of the head of a hippo. It addressed the value of listening intently and having the courage to change your perspective if you received new or better information. I had the privilege of working with the management team that ran Knott’s Berry Farm. The Knott’s family had sold the park to Cedar Fair in 1997. By 2011 attendance and profitability had declined for a number of reasons – some obvious, others less so. I seriously wondered if we needed to move away from the park’s legacy and rebrand it, even change its name. At the same time, footers were already poured for a new coaster and millions of dollars were committed to the design and the steel as we sought a greater reputation for thrill rides.Fortunately, our chief marketing officer at the time (Kelley) was very talented and never shied away from pushing back against my opinions. Kelley conducted the classic focus group research and in one particular session she wasn’t getting much useful feedback, until she shocked the group by saying we were considering closing Knott’s (not true). Then it got very emotional. People explained how they grew up with “the farm.” And, how “the farm” held such great memories for them. How we didn’t understand the history of “the farm,” and so on. None of it was about how fast a coaster went.Kelley and her team (Kevin, Lee and many others) concluded that we had it backwards. Instead of running from the Knott’s legacy we needed to lean into it heavily. Coaster cancelled, classic attractions refurbished, a major makeover for the Chicken Dinner Restaurant, Boysenberry Festival, Ghost Town Alive introduced, and of course a bigger investment in Knott’s Scary Farm. I remember a great TV commercial the team developed that treated the rides like crops on a farm. Also, we brought back a great leader (Raffi) to implement the plans. Today Knott’s is one of the most successful parks in the Cedar Fair portfolio, despite operating in a highly competitive market. I want to give credit where credit is due. This wasn’t my idea, but I will take credit for being willing to listen. My challenge to leaders is to always ask themselves, what did they learn from their team today?
Very interesting that Knotts was spiraling downhill up until the early 2010’s when he listed to his team on what to do.

Also very interesting to hear that they had footers poured for a new coaster. I wonder what it was going to be?