Knott's Berry Farm | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Berry Farm

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm on mobil e, so I can't post it, but yeah. The graphics aren't going to be great, but this could potentially surprise us set-wise. Looking forward to finding out in two weeks!

Reactions: mratigan
All that article confirmed for me is that it is indeed a minimally themed attraction. A small assortment of props and a lot of murals. My expectations are relatively low for this attraction so at this point I'll just take it for what it is. On a side note I found this pretty funny: 

17151387528_8aedd66148_b.jpg

In my honest opinion, the new facade looks really nice. I love how it is a modern and stylized version of the original. Hopefully the sets will be this level of quality too, but I'm hearing to expect some small rockwork and seaweed just to connects the screens. I have hight hopes but keeping my expectations set low so I'm not too disappointed.

Reactions: JaySalahi and Freak
Someone posted a photo on my FB feed that shows the Iron Reef walls down. The theming for the exterior looks very nice for Knott's although the outdoor queue does look slightly bare. I seriously doubt this will be a "top 10" dark ride, but I think this will be better than what many of you are expecting. The Haunt FX crew designed the scenic and props for the ride so I think we'll see some cool sets and effects. I'm getting very excited to be able to ride this next Saturday! It's going to be a surreal feeling walking up to that balcony and being inside that building for the first time in over a decade.

I'm just not looking forward to having to carefully scroll through any media outlets without spoilers being posted. I want to be completely surprised as to what I see.

Oh, i'm giving it a chance no matter what. But from what I've seen, it doesn't look good. But; I could be extremely wrong and i'll see when I come back to the park but for now, i'm not excited.

The walls came down yesterday and the sign went up this morning. I went down to check it out and employees were training. The arcade under the ride reopens with all new games and the new gift shop will be called Nautilus. I heard you will get an on ride picture, but can't buy it as of now.

From Micechat:  
"Congrats to Knotts they have another classic on their hands with Iron Reef"

From Themeparkinsider:
"Iron Reef is a visually stunning mix of 3D and practical sets. All the targets are on screen and take multiple rides to discover."

From Behind the Trills: 

"Iron Reef surpassed my expectations, lots of theming. Lets ride again!" 

looks like Iron Reef might be the sleeper hit of the summer! Can't wait to ride.

Doesn't look half bad. I'll happily eat crow, looks pretty cool on video. Can't wait to check it out in person. (Will post a full review until then)

For those who can't visit the park anytime soon here is a full video of the attraction.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/NeKR6BvVVj0

Also they confirmed Ghost Town is the next area to see improvements for the 75th anniversary of that area.

Reactions: BernardMesa
Yeah, sadly this looks like a retread of many iterations before it. And the other versions are much better. Knott's is an okay park, but the ride will get lost in the shuffle with what Disneyland and Universal have to offer.

Reactions: William
Going to be there early this Saturday for the 9AM pass holder rides. Save for the one photo Westcoaster posted inside the ride, I'm avoiding spoilers. I did see pics of the queue and it looks great!

From what I gather from all of the reviews I see, this sounds like it's exceeded expectations. Its apparently significantly better than Toy Story, but not Spiderman or MIB caliber. This sounds like a really solid addition for Knott's and I can't wait to ride!

Also, I hear that there is a motion system on the ride for some of the screen portion. I also heard that the graphics are slightly better than Guardian. Anyone have any input on this who rode it or saw the POV?

Going to be there early this Saturday for the 9AM pass holder rides. Save for the one photo Westcoaster posted inside the ride, I'm avoiding spoilers. I did see pics of the queue and it looks great!

From what I gather from all of the reviews I see, this sounds like it's exceeded expectations. Its apparently significantly better than Toy Story, but not Spiderman or MIB caliber. This sounds like a really solid addition for Knott's and I can't wait to ride!

Also, I hear that there is a motion system on the ride for some of the screen portion. I also heard that the graphics are slightly better than Guardian. Anyone have any input on this who rode it or saw the POV?
I rode it 3 times this morning. I'd definitely rank this over Toy Story, much more fun too. The motion system is limited, mainly just rotating. It's a good addition. The graphics are much better than Guardian as well, and much better than what they looked like in the screenshots that were posted a few weeks back.

The motion system is limited, mainly just rotating.
It seems as if the cars very slightly move up and down, is this true?

It looks... ehhhhh not so great. The practical effects are nice and the images are sharp, but there's a lot of imbalance and dissonance here and as a whole it's a bit of a mess. I'm sure it'll be a nice, fun hit for families looking for a cute shooter and while it isn't as cohesive as Midway Mania, it's at least less transparent. I'm sure it'll have long lines to come but it doesn't come close to the incredible Garner Holt redos of the past couple years.