Knott's Scary Farm 2018 | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Scary Farm 2018

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
2 and 1/4 by my count, unless there's log ride and mine ride.
Waiting for the announcements, but that may mean I'll be skipping.
I do wanna ride Hang Time though...

I’m really anticipating the announcement. Seems like they are only having two new mazes, and the rest of the budget will go towards some new shows/experiences. I think I’d rather have another new maze instead (I’m not really that much of a fan of theme park entertainment in general), but I’ll keep my mind open for different things.

I'm curious about how the loss of Elvira could affect the level of quality going up for the event.

And before anyone say's Ed Alonzo is coming, he's already got a venue at Cedar this year up north.

Reactions: SpookySkeletini
Who was that guy who made weird props and would play Chubby Bunny? I liked him haha. Marty Lutz? That his name? Sounds familiar.

I wish they would bring back the hypnotists and the freak shows.

I'd always just pass by or watch for maybe 5 minutes tops, but it was a nice place to rest your feet. I'd never go into the Shulz theater shows because exiting would somewhat be a hassle and time consuming to just get in. And the Hanging, ofcourse you'd have to stand. But something in the western venue or quickly walking up for Camp Snoopy was easy access in and out, quick entertainment and a nice foot break. Chubby Bunny guy was the only one I ever actually stayed to watch the entire show for (he'd shoot you if you leave lol).

But again, mainly there for the mazes. I don't even care about Trapped. Or the Skeleton Key stuff. Rides are secondary. Haunted-rides are my favorite and why I get hyped for any announcements towards that. They usually get the best scares out of me because they're more "timed," oppose to the haunt monsters following you thinking they're scary by getting in your face, more of just annoyance -- this is obviously why I love HHN so much. But the great thing about the ride overlays, you never get a scare ruined by seeing it happen to the person in front of you, like HHN. The Log Ride for sure, the mine-ride you could guess but still get startled, they usually have the timing down pretty well for each section.

There goes my hope for a new Log Ride! Chances of me going this year just dropped to 30% :(

There's still one more "experience" left unannounced, maybe a mine ride overlay?

I really hope so, though a pseudo-escape room would be cool but the line would be so goddamn long. The mine ride on it's own is a classic and a staple of Knotts Berry Farm and I've been seriously missing it during Scary Farm.

They're for real only gonna have 2 new mazes? Man, they were *Ghostface voice* doing so WELL!

They technically only had two new mazes last year, they called Trick or Treat: Light Out "new" though.
I was very intrigued by that concept and was one of the main factors I went -- however, I ended up missing it because the line was insane. Looked it up online and if I would've known what it really was like, I probably wouldn't have even bothered. Plus I skip every other year, so a lot of the mazes felt fairly new to me still.

Betting the new experience, is an all new re-theme to Calico Mine; with actors.
This will be a plus, I'm hoping that's the case, but at this point, I don't think that would convince me to go, unless the theme is something I REALLY like.

I was very intrigued by that concept and was one of the main factors I went -- however, I ended up missing it because the line was insane. Looked it up online and if I would've known what it really was like, I probably wouldn't have even bothered. Plus I skip every other year, so a lot of the mazes felt fairly new to me still.

It was a fun house, and I would say the "experience" of it is quite unnerving. I can't fathom why the line was so long for it though, especially since Pumpkin Eater had such low wait times.