Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Scary Farm 2018

His final Knott’s house, too before he helps out Queen Mary next year

The Depths has a slightly Lovecraft feel to me given the setting, time period, and promise of aquatic terrors and transformed people. It reminds me a lot of “The Shadow Over Innsmouth” in the best of ways
Oh the Lovecraftian vibes are definitely there, especially with cult(?) members in the video.

A thing that they made a brief mention to, but didn't really explain is that the entire park is going to be transformed this year? They seemed to allude to the idea that in years past that this was not the case.

Oh the Lovecraftian vibes are definitely there, especially with cult(?) members in the video.

A thing that they made a brief mention to, but didn't really explain is that the entire park is going to be transformed this year? They seemed to allude to the idea that in years past that this was not the case.

I mean, the area in and around Silver Bullet has always been a dead zone and the new Forsaken Lake scare zone is going to be filling in that spot with scares. This is one of the few areas in the park that has been scare free, so I imagine the idea is just making sure every area of the park has actors to fill it to the brim with frights.

Beyond that it sounds like more of the same, but they might have more decorations/theming up than usual.

Back in 2000-ish, that area used to have a scarezone there for a few years called THE SWAMP. It was great.
There is still one more deadzone though, and it's back by Bigfoot Rapids. That also used to have a scarezone back there, can't remember the name, I think it was there for only a year.
But even theeeeen, there was still deadspots.
I think if CarnEvil quadruples their clown count, the back part of the park should be more frightening. Usually I stroll there and see maybe 5 or so, maybe 1 trying to scare me.
Meanwhile, Ghost Town is a nightmarish fog filled monster haven from park entry to Calico Square.

Bigger budgets would hopefully be the case. If it gets insanely rave reviews, I may consider going, mostly because I still wanna do Hangtime haha

He's already working on this year's Dark Harbor event. He'll still be at Knott's for a while as a creative consultant (basically what he was this year), though he's no longer full time.

Yeah, I have since heard many conflicting reports about his status. I like to think of him as a contractor at this point

He is consulting with Queen Mary this year on their current maze slate and, if what I have heard is true, will be bringing a new maze to the table for them next year

Back in 2000-ish, that area used to have a scarezone there for a few years called THE SWAMP. It was great.
There is still one more deadzone though, and it's back by Bigfoot Rapids. That also used to have a scarezone back there, can't remember the name, I think it was there for only a year.
But even theeeeen, there was still deadspots.
I think if CarnEvil quadruples their clown count, the back part of the park should be more frightening. Usually I stroll there and see maybe 5 or so, maybe 1 trying to scare me.
Meanwhile, Ghost Town is a nightmarish fog filled monster haven from park entry to Calico Square.

I thought about the Bigfoot area too, but the line for Infected eats up almost that entire walkway on crowded nights

As for Carnevil, I must be lucky in that I have always found plenty of actors there to entertain me. You are right, though, that Ghost Town is more packed to the gills

Time to ask for advice:

I'm going next week on the 27th for my first time to the event. The main issue that I have is that I have one night, with six hours to do everything. Not only that, but I want to hit up specific rides as well. I need a couple of credits: Sierra Sidewinder (the line was always ghastly long in the past) and Hangtime, as well as wanting to do Ghost Rider (haven't since the GCI retracking and new trains), Log Ride and Calico Mine Ride. I also want to catch a showing of the Hanging and do all nine mazes. Yes, I have Fright and Fast Lane.

So... is this possible? I'm going back and forth on whether or not I should cave and purchase a day ticket to ease things up but I'm not sure if it's worth it.

The Fright Lane is very effective... for the most part, you get inside mazes nearly immediately, so that should be fine.

Fast Lane the rides is a bit hit and miss, but if you only wanted those few rides, you should mostly be okay, as long as you don't mind a fairly aggressive evening. Ghost Rider may still be a bit of a wait, even with Fast Lane, because of the high demand of that ride and the relatively slow dispatches. But if you haven't been on it since the retracking... you're in for a treat. Do keep in mind much of the airtime is gone, but it more than makes up for that in the speed and smoothness. It's even better at night, so that'd be a real bonus.

Time to ask for advice:

I'm going next week on the 27th for my first time to the event. The main issue that I have is that I have one night, with six hours to do everything. Not only that, but I want to hit up specific rides as well. I need a couple of credits: Sierra Sidewinder (the line was always ghastly long in the past) and Hangtime, as well as wanting to do Ghost Rider (haven't since the GCI retracking and new trains), Log Ride and Calico Mine Ride. I also want to catch a showing of the Hanging and do all nine mazes. Yes, I have Fright and Fast Lane.

So... is this possible? I'm going back and forth on whether or not I should cave and purchase a day ticket to ease things up but I'm not sure if it's worth it.
I second the post above, however Calico Mine Ride isn't open during the event.

What's your guys' game plan?
Do you guys head to the far end of the park (Shadowlands, Dark Ride) or do you guys follow the crowd (Trick Or Treat, etc)?
What's the best order to go through everything in one night?

May end up going now since WB sold out opening night and I'm not at all willing to drop $80 on that, even if it's good. Would rather spend $42 on something that's "meh."