Knott's Scary Farm 2023 | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Scary Farm 2023

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’ll have to wait til Friday since I didn’t renew my pass for this year. Hoping they don’t restrict sales to a such small number of passes that it sells out quickly.

Reactions: StopMakingSense
I’ll have to wait til Friday since I didn’t renew my pass for this year. Hoping they don’t restrict sales to a such small number of passes that it sells out quickly.
Same. Also wish I knew how much single night tickets were going to be before dropping $170 on a pass.

This is an unexpected surprise and I am very excited for this. I was just thinking this morning after reading the USH HHN speculation thread that Knott's value proposition was significantly reduced without the passes since they don't change mazes every year and the tickets are creeping towards (and exceed) $100, which is comparable with Universal.

My rationale was that the only thing that changes from year to year is the show, and Puppet Up!, which I enjoy, is different every time and rewards multiple viewings in a way a scripted show doesn't, and they don't have it this year. While I enjoy watching scareactors, I can go to HHN for $200 and do that, and I would never typically be compelled to come back to Knott's multiple times if I didn't have a pass because everything will be there next year.

This means I will actually go this year.

Reactions: deadbydawn
This is definitely a surprise. There was a lot of internal rumblings that this wasn't going to be an option this year for several reasons, but I am glad to see it return. Even with a significant price hike, we will see these sell out pretty quickly.

I got my pass. Hopefully it's smooth for everyone else as well!
It took about five minutes for the tickets to go live (during which I was panicking), but after that I had no issues.

Now I need Friday to go off without a hitch as I have a few out of towners coming in who want to spend three nights at Scary Farm

It took about five minutes for the tickets to go live (during which I was panicking), but after that I had no issues.

Now I need Friday to go off without a hitch as I have a few out of towners coming in who want to spend three nights at Scary Farm
I had that same issue too. Thankfully it all worked out and glad you were able to get yours! As of right now, they are still up on the site so hopefully Friday goes the same way.

I had that same issue too. Thankfully it all worked out and glad you were able to get yours! As of right now, they are still up on the site so hopefully Friday goes the same way.
Since they actually announced they were going to put them on sale to the public, I imagine they have some set aside for pass holders (the initial batch) and then they open it up to everyone on Friday.

If I were them and I theoretically sold 10,000 passes a year, I would set aside x-amount (let’s say 4,000) for pass holders and leave aside the remaining amount (in this example 6,000) for the general public. Come Friday, the floodgates open and ALL my remaining stock goes on sale. So if I only sold 2,000 to pass holders, I put 8,000 up for sale on a first come, first served basis.

But that’s just me.

I would agree, but Knott's also only made their Scary Farm passes available to passholders in years past, so I don't take any standard wisdom for granted. I'm genuinely surprised they aren't making it a passholder exclusive to drive passes. If anything, it's also extraordinarily strange to make passes available at 6 PM PST for a west coast park. Who does that? Not even Nike drops sneakers that early in the morning.

I would agree, but Knott's also only made their Scary Farm passes available to passholders in years past, so I don't take any standard wisdom for granted. I'm genuinely surprised they aren't making it a passholder exclusive to drive passes. If anything, it's also extraordinarily strange to make passes available at 6 PM PST for a west coast park. Who does that? Not even Nike drops sneakers that early in the morning.
Last year and 2021 were the only years it was available to pass holders only. The reason was, they were genuinely uncertain if they would be able to HAVE the event that year due to the surge in cases last spring.

2021 was because they did not sell the pass that year at all, so only those who had already bought a 2020 pass before the surprise lockdown could get it.

And I know this because I have only been a pass holder for a bit and bought one in 2020 to get the discount on the Scary Farm pass.

From what I have gathered, they lost money on the event last year BECAUSE they only sold to pass members, so I think the price hike and promise to sell to the general public is them correcting that mistake.

Also, most people with commutes would probably still be stuck in traffic at 6pm whereas at 6am they would be awake (or waking up) to head out the door.

As an LA commuter I know this to be true.

I'm a Platinum Pass holder for the regular park, and just got my first KSF season pass. Does the parking from my Platinum still work for haunt? If not, is there a cut off time for the parking?

I think they were really hung up on the "666" marketing. Sixth month, sixth day, six AM. That is the only thing I can think of since the passes go up for everyone else Friday at 10 AM.

I'm a Platinum Pass holder for the regular park, and just got my first KSF season pass. Does the parking from my Platinum still work for haunt? If not, is there a cut off time for the parking?
The parking still works for Scary Farm. Not cut off time (at least in previous years there has not been).

Since they actually announced they were going to put them on sale to the public, I imagine they have some set aside for pass holders (the initial batch) and then they open it up to everyone on Friday.

If I were them and I theoretically sold 10,000 passes a year, I would set aside x-amount (let’s say 4,000) for pass holders and leave aside the remaining amount (in this example 6,000) for the general public. Come Friday, the floodgates open and ALL my remaining stock goes on sale. So if I only sold 2,000 to pass holders, I put 8,000 up for sale on a first come, first served basis.

But that’s just me.
They have always marketed these passes as "limited" but I don't know if that means a limited quantity, or they are just up for a limited time. As of this morning they are still available, so we'll see how long they last once Friday comes around.

The parking still works for Scary Farm. Not cut off time (at least in previous years there has not been).
As stated above, in previous years there was no cut off for the parking.

But, fair warning, if you have the dining plan it will not work during Scary Farm.

Also, congratulations on getting a pass!

They have always marketed these passes as "limited" but I don't know if that means a limited quantity, or they are just up for a limited time. As of this morning they are still available, so we'll see how long they last once Friday comes around.
I'd imagine it's just a limited quantity because they have to place some limit on it, And they're not going to cut off sales just to cut off sales... That would lose them money. There's got to be some established number.

I'd imagine it's just a limited quantity because they have to place some limit on it, And they're not going to cut off sales just to cut off sales... That would lose them money. There's got to be some established number.
Correct. I'd imagine there is some limit. I just didn't expect them to be available this long after they dropped.

Correct. I'd imagine there is some limit. I just didn't expect them to be available this long after they dropped.
Pre pandemic, when they used to put them on sale to the public in Spring/Summer (my memory is hazy on when I used to acquire mine), they still didn’t usually sell out until after the event started.

Pre pandemic, when they used to put them on sale to the public in Spring/Summer (my memory is hazy on when I used to acquire mine), they still didn’t usually sell out until after the event started.
I remember this too. I guess with how many comments you see on their social media and elsewhere, I would have expected them to sell out already.