Knott's Scary Farm 2024 | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Scary Farm 2024

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Did I hear correctly that Bloodline is ending but Origins is not?
Yes. That is correct.

As someone who "opened" Bloodline in 2022, I feel this weird sadness despite the house being "not that great". Honestly though, it doesn't surprise me because it was just poorly executed from day 1. However, part of me wishes I was working it to drive a stake through it. Definitely want to see the merch.

As for Origins, it's so tied into Ghost Town/KSF mythos that it makes sense to keep it

Reactions: CallahanChan
The sleep paralysis one sounds amazing, but Widows sounds meh. Either way, I'll be returning this year instead of doing my usual every other year. Want to be able to do Cinema Slasher and Chilling Chambers again.

Hanging is in Wagon Camp and Elvira tribute in the theatre. I didn't quite catch what was on the Calico Stage or Birdcage theatre?

EDIT: found out Calico is Carnival Du Grotesque and Birdcage is pretty much the same.

Last edited:
BOTH of the new mazes left me feeling "meh". I'll do them twice when I go. But spend more time elsewhere.

Knott's has this (ego) problem, considering 90% of what is on the line-up is returning, they could've been listed on the website without this "reveal event". Give us the "new" & "retiring" only to generate hype.

Another issue I do have is the lack of effort to tweak, enhance, change-up the returning mazes like they used to do in the past. It's disappointing. I'll be surprised if the "lights on tour" shows Chilling Chambers without the 50th branding.

After 51 years, Knotts should do better. I'll go, I'll have fun, but the hype just isn't there. Oh well, at we still have The Hanging (for now).

I'm going the 22nd or 26th. One of those will be a Fright Fest day.

^ beat me to it by seconds lol.
Widows - people possessed by spiders
Eight Fingers Nine - sleep paralysis demon.

Waxworks - last year; and I think they said Bloodline last year (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Yeah, Bloodline is confirmed to be its last year.

Yeah, the quality of the stream was a miss this year. Be it them having issues with showing the direct feed of the videos to the stream, to the odd placements of the props which prevented showing the screen as a back-up.

As for the new mazes, they look pretty neat! I'm always down for a Boogeyman, so Eight Fingers Nine is a welcome addition and it looks freaky as all heck, and Widows looks to be a fun spin on the spider theme as they've already done them plenty in the past.

Reactions: CallahanChan
The stage props weren't necessarily the issue, it was the camera placement. They could've easily mounted a camera back by the tech booth. It was amateur hour.

I'm impatiently waiting for the inevitable IU coverage article but also the "pick your torturous adventure" youtuber upload.

• Haha
Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Trying my hardest to watch these YouTube videos for merch... first one nearly gave me an aneurysm lol. Practically yelling at them through my phone. This other one is decent though

There's a (Knotts) black widow spider shirt & hoodie, which I believe is meant to be for "WIDOWS".

A lot of generic merch. Nothing for Waxworks or Bloodline

There is A LOT of Elvira merch. It is also very $$$$$$. Most of it is generic, but there are a few "knotts exclusives". But yea, $$$$$

As for the Scary Farm noms... "meh". Disney Halloween noms have a better selection. However, that red velvet funnel cake will be mine! Along with a few other items (I'm expecting an IU food guide!)

Oh yea, and Chilling Chambers removed the 50th Anniversary branding!

Last edited:
Eight Fingers Nine sounds solidly neat if they can clearly communicate the story without it getting muddled, otherwise kinda seems like a spiritual successor to Pumpkin Eater, not that thats *really* a bad thing, either way it's gonna be better than letting Dark Entities keep losing more and more of itself each year.
Widows might turn me around in terms of execution, but as it stands it just really isn't hitting the same way The Depths did in terms of a true variety of ideas you can go after with the concept, if its just old people and spiders that really isn't much special. Would be a real shame to see that venue lack a worthy follow up to its former concept just like Paranormal. I'm happy Origins is seemingly safe as I'm not sure how you'd even try to follow that up.
The Hanging coming back is whatever, it doesn't have the help of it being a comeback to push it anymore so I'm curious to see if it'll just be business as usual or if they'll push a bit harder into new territory to justify the shows rebooting.
Also could be jumping the gun, but some of that Widows concept art really looked like AI to me, Horror Nights' flagrant use of it might just have me on edge. I'm not sure if we'll ever get another look at it in a higher quality to be sure, but it has me suspicious.

I just went back to the first page of this thread & checked my line-up post. Bloodline retiring after Year 3 was the unexpected curveball.

We did get a "Non-Anniversary" type entertainment in Walter Knott Theatre. Although one could argue it's an Elvira-versary.

Mesmer will be reaching "Year 5" in 2025, which is the traditional "final year" for a maze to retire. :eyes:

The Gauntlet returning is kinda disappointing, but maybe with Camp Snoopy 2.0, it'll get revamped a bit. Also still nothing for Fiesta Village.

I just went back to the first page of this thread & checked my line-up post. Bloodline retiring after Year 3 was the unexpected curveball.

We did get a "Non-Anniversary" type entertainment in Walter Knott Theatre. Although one could argue it's an Elvira-versary.

Mesmer will be reaching "Year 5" in 2025, which is the traditional "final year" for a maze to retire. :eyes:

The Gauntlet returning is kinda disappointing, but maybe with Camp Snoopy 2.0, it'll get revamped a bit. Also still nothing for Fiesta Village.
Honestly, I'm not too bummed about the gauntlet purely because I do believe itll grow. The progression we saw in The Hollow between 2016 and 2022 makes me feel like it has to keep evolving if it wants to live up to the legacies of both The Hollow and the original Gauntlet.
Nothing in Fiesta Village is bizarre though.

Reactions: mccgavin
Bloodlines raises an interesting question, what is the shortest-lived maze in recent times at Haunt?

I can't really count Mirror Mirror going one year as that was more a mirror maze. Dead of Winter was 2 years, though I thought it improved a fair bit in the second year.

Reactions: Jake S
With "Chilling Chambers" next door, I'd have almost liked to have seen Camp Snoopy become a cemetery, BUT .....Forsaken Lake already has that covered :lol:

The nothingness in Fiesta is sad after it got it's overhaul. I'd still love to see spooky projection mapping on Jaguar Temple.

On a completely unrelated note, I was going to do the $200 combo ticket (admission, express, food/drink) ...but maybe I should just do the Boo-fet for the early access instead. Thoughts?

Bloodlines raises an interesting question, what is the shortest-lived maze in recent times at Haunt?

I can't really count Mirror Mirror going one year as that was more a mirror maze. Dead of Winter was 2 years, though I thought it improved a fair bit in the second year.
Red Barn I think only lasted three years, so this would be staying the same length.