Knott's Scary Farm 2024 | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Scary Farm 2024

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Playing with phobias is a neat concept, not sure how well that’ll translate to a full house.
It's a lot easier than you would expect. Other parks/haunts have done it.

As for “Imaginary Creatures,” my first thought was about: what if the imaginary creatures we had as children, weren’t so imaginary.
Pretty much. My guess is this concept loosely leeches off the new movie "Imaginary" as a jumping off point. I keep thinking "death by unicorn horn" like we saw in the movie "Cabin in the Woods"

Oh I forgot that “Imaginary” came out. Didn’t hear a lot of fanfare about it.
But now It’s sounding like that house will be a fun one!
Thinking back to the phobias one, I can see that one working too. That one scene in Mesmers with the tightrope is pretty much “fear of heights.” So a full house playing with phobias will be interesting to see.

Yea Imaginary Creatures (if true), would offer up different variety of monsters & Mayhem

The problem with a phobia based house is that a lot of them are already represented in some way within the event. So we'll have to see how this rumor plays out.

After last year, I'm willing to believe these are our two replacements, but at the same time, expecting a curveball of some kind.

Take this with a huge grain of Boysenberry salt, but I've heard whispers from The Depths of Calico in regards to new Dark Entities awaiting us...

- Spiders/Phobias
- Imaginary Creatures

Other rumblings say no SZ in Fiesta Village this year. Unclear if the old "Dia De Los Muertos" dance party will return instead of a SZ. It sounds like an unfortunate dead zone at this time.

Very intriguing, they've done spiders in several variations before (Curse of the Spiderwoods, Curse of the Spider, Black Widow's Cavern), so I can see them leaning towards Phobias in some fashion.

As for Imaginary Creatures, that one feels right up their alley as they can do "Good gone Bad" pretty well!

Either way, I hope I can make it down for a night or two this year. Definitely bummed I had to miss last year, but it happens.

Reactions: Wesker69
I feel like Knott's is also willing to push phobias MUCH further than their competitors, combined with longer haunt length, so I don't have any reason to doubt that it wouldn't work.

My biggest wish-list is Room 13 getting a little bit more love- awesome concept, pretty good rooms...just a bit too barren on the scenic department for my tastes. I said the same things about Dark Entities it's first year and it came back with a vengance, so fingers crossed!

Post-pandemic I've felt the thing Knott's Scary Farm needs more than anything is warm bodies with good direction scaring people in their mazes.
Yea. I was kind of shocked that an event that had been operating for so many years was severely lacking in direction, organization & other things. I just relied on past experience as a scareactor & guest.

Of course this also led to one of my best snarky moments with a cast mate...

Her: You're a rookie!? You don't scare like a rookie!
Me: Yea. I scare like I'm at Horror Nights :devil:

Last edited:
Take this with a huge grain of Boysenberry salt, but I've heard whispers from The Depths of Calico in regards to new Dark Entities awaiting us...

- Spiders/Phobias
- Imaginary Creatures

Other rumblings say no SZ in Fiesta Village this year. Unclear if the old "Dia De Los Muertos" dance party will return instead of a SZ. It sounds like an unfortunate dead zone at this time.
I'd love to see Fiesta Village come back as a scare zone. If anything I see it going the dance party route first though, especially with the bar and stuff over there now.

Reactions: CallahanChan
they've been there for months believe it or not
I've been checking semi regularly for months because I have to plan travel well in advance, not that long ago this time (was much earlier last year).

Of note, no Wednesdays, but last that changed later, after Scary Farm dates started bobbing up in the calendar.

If the new mazes are as good as Cinema Slasher and Chilling Chambers, it will be a great year. Sorry to see Chopper and Vyrus retired last year, hopefully they can enjoy the event as civilians this year.

I've been checking semi regularly for months because I have to plan travel well in advance, not that long ago this time (was much earlier last year).

Of note, no Wednesdays, but last that changed later, after Scary Farm dates started bobbing up in the calendar.

If the new mazes are as good as Cinema Slasher and Chilling Chambers, it will be a great year. Sorry to see Chopper and Vyrus retired last year, hopefully they can enjoy the event as civilians this year.
agree to disagree...