1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Krampus

Discussion in 'Haunted Houses' started by Brian G., Aug 4, 2016.

1. Shucker

Shucker Rookie

Just bought the movie and am going to have a Exorcist / Krampus viewing party next weekend. Sounds like Krampus is fun as well as scary, so that may be the main feature for the night (may need something uplifting after exorcist). Glad to see such positive reviews about it, as aside from one scooby doo episode, I had no idea that Krampus was even a thing.

snayberry and SeventyOne like this.
  2. s8film40

s8film40 Veteran Member

All I know of Krampus is from Dwight talking about him on the Office. I need to watch the movie.

3. Shucker

Shucker Rookie

4. orlandoiloveyou

orlandoiloveyou Rookie

To those who havent seen it..Krampus is a super fun movie, but I do say try watching it without expectations. It has moments of brilliance and totally and completely lends itself to HHN with its practical monsters and amazing atmosphere. But as a movie it's just short of great.. imo

But still most anticipated house for me. I just hope we get some outdoor scenes besides the facade. Or get to go through one of the neighbor houses that are icy and frozen. Maybe some snow fall??

Brervixen likes this.
  5. anihilnation

anihilnation Veteran Member

YES! Thank you!

6. UniversalCrazy

UniversalCrazy Rookie

I saw Krampus in theaters. I thought it was actually pretty decent and it definitely has a horror factor to it that should make it a great house. Can't wait!

7. Dr. Jimmy

Dr. Jimmy Newcomer

Mike said the code word for the Orlando house was "schnapps" a reference to Aunt Dorothy spiking the hot chocolate.

Brervixen and Mad Dog like this.
  8. SandiestPirate

SandiestPirate Rookie

I didnt like the movie at all, too campy. As far as horror movies go it just didnt have any punch.But the krampus house might be my most anticipated house so far. I think some of the set pieces will be excellent. I would love to see the snowmen and the dark elves. And the toys all looked amazing so they should be fun. I think as a house it will be more entertaining than the movie

9. MrRoamer

MrRoamer Premium Member

Throw me in the this is my most anticipated house so far this year crowd. Can't wait to see what they do. The movie wasn't incredibly scary but it was very fun and can't wait to walk through it. I'm really thinking this house could be able to walk the line between an H.R Bloodengutz house with some good scares thrown in the mix.

10. SeventyOne

SeventyOne Veteran Member

I sense a new house tradition coming ...

RevFreako, georgemoe, Cole and 2 others like this.
  11. georgemoe

georgemoe Premium Member

Just saw the movie last night. Not much horror, funny in spots, but the Krampus characters were great. Will make for a much better HHN house than movie.

RevFreako likes this.
  12. kingcooger

kingcooger Member

Saw this in theaters and consider it to be a spiritual successor to "Gremlins" for those who have yet to have time to give it a watch. This should be a blast of a house to walk through and definitely agree with the HR Bloodengutz mentality as it will probably have me laughing as much as I am jumping.

Cole, Fallow and MrRoamer like this.
  13. MrRoamer

MrRoamer Premium Member

Gremlins and Critters were the first two things that popped into my head watching this movie.

kingcooger likes this.
  14. Brervixen

Brervixen Premium Member

I finally got around to watching Krampus last night. It will make a decent house. There were some moments with the creatures that really struck me as being translatable, and it wasn't a bad film either!

Brownie54, Lucky Planet and snayberry like this.
  15. RogueAntilles

RogueAntilles Rookie

Literally just got done watching. I heard a lot of different people say this movie was bad and not remotely scary. I 100% disagree. I loved every minute of it. Its not terrifying but if you tell me the Jack and the Box monster isn't a tinge disturbing/creppy you are wrong.

This went up a few notches on my most anticipated.

16. DannyPowers

DannyPowers Veteran Member

I'm glad someone else really liked it. Also, that zombie-angel thing is nightmare fuel.

RogueAntilles likes this.
  17. RogueAntilles

RogueAntilles Rookie

Yes! Stringing her up by the Christmas lights. Creppy. I feel like there will be more than one in the house.

The elves will most likely be the primary actors. I still dont know how they are going to pull Kramps himself off. Maybe like AWIL?

18. ThNdIzNiR

ThNdIzNiR Rookie

If I had to guess, I'd say he'd be built in a similar style as these costumes.
    Gore-Galore.com

19. Lucky Planet

Lucky Planet Veteran Member

I thought the angel was very cute :lol: I loved the High pitched laugh it would do when choking the lady :lol:

(Weta collectibles is making a statue of the angel )

[​IMG]

DannyPowers likes this.
  20. Mr. EPCOT

Mr. EPCOT Veteran Member

I'm surprised this isn't in a soundstage, so they can make it cold walking up to the house like they did with Gothic and Winter's Night and so on.

universal_fanatic likes this.