Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Krampus

The biggest downside of this house is the actual small size of it. I did it three times. The first time on Friday the timing was way off. I saw most of the scares up ahead of me. Saturday night was better, and Sunday's was the best of all. Now I know timing is everything when going through a house, but one as small and cramped as this one the timing is even more important. It's funny, Friday night I was really disappointed with the house and by Sunday it was one of my favorites. BTW, my wife and I watched Krampus Friday morning on the plane to Orlando. It really got us in the HHN mode in what is normally a boring plane ride.

The biggest downside of this house is the actual small size of it. I did it three times. The first time on Friday the timing was way off. I saw most of the scares up ahead of me. Saturday night was better, and Sunday's was the best of all. Now I know timing is everything when going through a house, but one as small and cramped as this one the timing is even more important. It's funny, Friday night I was really disappointed with the house and by Sunday it was one of my favorites. BTW, my wife and I watched Krampus Friday morning on the plane to Orlando. It really got us in the HHN mode in what is normally a boring plane ride.
Just watched it last night as well in preparation for our trip! Now I'm looking forward to how they bring the movie to life.

Just got back from 4 nights of HHN this past weekend and wanted to share a story from Krampus.
On the last run through we got to the attic and the bear puppet was right there. I said aloud, aw, there's the bear. He then started waving at me, so I had to wave back. The puppeteer then shifted him to the other side of the wooden beam and continued waving at me, which had me cracking up. He kept my attention so long that the lady being choked on the lights got me so good. Absolutely amazing work with the puppets and the operators. Overall really fun house that we had to do every night. It is also the only time anyone will see a Mt. Dew or Pepsi product in universal.

Just got back from 4 nights of HHN this past weekend and wanted to share a story from Krampus.
On the last run through we got to the attic and the bear puppet was right there. I said aloud, aw, there's the bear. He then started waving at me, so I had to wave back. The puppeteer then shifted him to the other side of the wooden beam and continued waving at me, which had me cracking up. He kept my attention so long that the lady being choked on the lights got me so good. Absolutely amazing work with the puppets and the operators. Overall really fun house that we had to do every night. It is also the only time anyone will see a Mt. Dew or Pepsi product in universal.
I was really puzzled about that Mt. Dew bottle.

Are you sure you weren't looking at the other roof? I went through earlier today and he was definitely there.

I must have been mixed up which scene I was in. Are the the big wobbling snowmen outside new? I might have to stay sober for the event sometime...

I must have been mixed up which scene I was in. Are the the big wobbling snowmen outside new? I might have to stay sober for the event sometime...
One of Those snowmen was in the first outdoor transition on night one. On night two, he was there but not moving. On night three, he was gone altogether. On night four, he and a second snowman were added to the second outdoor transition and both moved!

One of Those snowmen was in the first outdoor transition on night one. On night two, he was there but not moving. On night three, he was gone altogether. On night four, he and a second snowman were added to the second outdoor transition and both moved!
I bet I know exactly what happened there.

Costumes like that ALWAYS get punched a lot, especially when it's a room's only scare. It's a also (likely) a costume that doesn't leave the house (scareactors swap out of the suit between sets).

Night one - It kept getting punched
Night two - No scareactor there for safety (if they didn't quit). Directors are working out a fix.
Night three - Removed because they figured out what they're doing
Night four - Two snowmen installed in a room that can fit them so they're less likely to get hit.

Any sort of big costume (furries especially) gets its butt kicked all the time.

A bit off topic....the wife and I are doing a Krampus theme for Halloween this year. The neighbors are going to think we've lost it when we start decorating our house in mid-October with Christmas decorations!:saywhat: I have an awesome soundtrack already created and will be blasting through the speakers. It's a mix of the Krampus original soundtrack and Bing Crosby. Should freak some kids out for sure!

My mask arrived the other day...

I bet I know exactly what happened there.

Costumes like that ALWAYS get punched a lot, especially when it's a room's only scare. It's a also (likely) a costume that doesn't leave the house (scareactors swap out of the suit between sets).

Night one - It kept getting punched
Night two - No scareactor there for safety (if they didn't quit). Directors are working out a fix.
Night three - Removed because they figured out what they're doing
Night four - Two snowmen installed in a room that can fit them so they're less likely to get hit.

Any sort of big costume (furries especially) gets its butt kicked all the time.
Those aren't costumes. They are puppets that pivot at the waist and there is a person in a white out suit behind it. The night it was in the first outdoor scene and not moving i gave it a poke and it is a hard plastic material. I would assume that would hurt to punch.

A bit off topic....the wife and I are doing a Krampus theme for Halloween this year. The neighbors are going to think we've lost it when we start decorating our house in mid-October with Christmas decorations!:saywhat: I have an awesome soundtrack already created and will be blasting through the speakers. It's a mix of the Krampus original soundtrack and Bing Crosby. Should freak some kids out for sure!

My mask arrived the other day...

Mate, that is freakin hilarious!! Those poor kids are gonna be getting Post traumatic flashbacks by time December rolls around! :lol:

Reactions: STL
Those aren't costumes. They are puppets that pivot at the waist and there is a person in a white out suit behind it. The night it was in the first outdoor scene and not moving i gave it a poke and it is a hard plastic material. I would assume that would hurt to punch.
That's an interesting way to do that scare, and probably much safer for everyone involved.