Late Night with Chucky (HHN 2024) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Late Night with Chucky (HHN 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I saw two different shows last night (the co hosts were different actors)

He repeated a few questions, so now I question if all these questions are from the audience or if some are just things the writers said...like there is a Megan question is that from a person or basically a kinda ad for Megan, because he did the Megan question in more then one show with the same answer.

Honestly, it feels like a "preshow" for a Chucky attraction of some kind, not an actual show.

He also felt more censored/neutered INSIDE DWT compared to when he was outside.

Surprised they didn't use the "water spray" effect for a "blood spray" at the end.
That is exactly what I thought but so far, the show looks really great in my opinion.

Reactions: Wesker69
I'm just NOT fan of the "hosts". I understand the main show host is necessary for obvious reasons (aka- Chucky safety :eyes::lol: & crowd control), but for me, they just dragged it down a bit.

Could've just had Chucky interact with the tech people voices & had a prerecorded voice over for the lobby (multiple phrases to keep it "fresh")

I'm with everyone on the hosts based on the initial show. Chucky is the main draw and he's more than capable of carrying the show on his own (we speak as though he's real because he is). Having a framing device for the show is fine, but we're there to hear Chucky say funny things, not to hear the host hemming and hawing and being scared.

If half the show consists of the host hamming it up, that ruins the repeatability for me. Part of the draw of the street actor is the spontaneity. Sure, some of the jokes were repeated, but you felt like every time you walked by there was a chance for something out of pocket to happen, and having the show inside needs to account for that by minimizing the structure or no one will see it twice.

I'm with everyone on the hosts based on the initial show. Chucky is the main draw and he's more than capable of carrying the show on his own (we speak as though he's real because he is). Having a framing device for the show is fine, but we're there to hear Chucky say funny things, not to hear the host hemming and hawing and being scared.

If half the show consists of the host hamming it up, that ruins the repeatability for me. Part of the draw of the street actor is the spontaneity. Sure, some of the jokes were repeated, but you felt like every time you walked by there was a chance for something out of pocket to happen, and having the show inside needs to account for that by minimizing the structure or no one will see it twice.
When they said they needed actors for a comic host I didn't think it meant a literal host along side chucky.