Legoland Florida | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Legoland Florida

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If you're above the age 16 and don't have children, should we even buy a ticket? I'm slightly confused as to whether there would be enough for adults without children to warrant a visit.

Obviously the Legoland representative wasn't going to tell us NOT to come, but it's up to you. If you like legos and gardens and shows, yeah I think it'll be worth it to check it out for a day. He said there will be things for adults to ride (From what I gathered, not more than like 3 rides. Don't quote me on that though.) I guess it all depends on your preference though.

Obviously the Legoland representative wasn't going to tell us NOT to come, but it's up to you. If you like legos and gardens and shows, yeah I think it'll be worth it to check it out for a day. He said there will be things for adults to ride (From what I gathered, not more than like 3 rides. Don't quote me on that though.) I guess it all depends on your preference though.

That'd be a no for me. :lol:

From Legoland Florida's Facebook:
228055_150883911648738_120525621351234_299989_92575_n.jpg

Hmmm ... let's move on to something more fun: our very own hard-hat garden! Enjoy:)

If you have a young child and plan on visiting for years and years then Lifetime is a good bet. A life time Disney pass or Universal pass will never happen. If it did it would cost the price of a small car.

Another new picture on their Facebook page:
247282_151054061631723_120525621351234_300801_7929595_n.jpg

Happy Friday everyone! Time to cruise on out and start the weekend! Hope you've enjoyed our "posts" this week ... check back early Monday for the actual announcement. We love you guys!!

Regarding the Monday announcement, several people are speculating that the 10 and 5 in the license plate are hinting at an October 5th or 15th opening date. Thoughts?

Last edited:
^ Yeah mine too! I just don't know about this whole project. I mean its basically like a giant kiddie park, and I feel like the typical "disney" guest family wants to be able to do attractions together. Not let the kid ride with one adult while the rest of the family argues about where to go the next day. I mean I hope it does really well and is able to expand but I just can't help but feel this will be a one and done park. I mean if I had a choice while taking three kids between the ages of 2 and 12 to either LegoLand or ANY other park in Central Florida I'm picking anything other than Legoland.

I have this feeling that it will be a "semi seasonal" park and am thinking that the park will not be open mondays or tuesdays for most of the year and only have the park open a full week during the summer and holiday seasons.

^ I agree. Even on their job page it seems like most of the "front line" jobs are listed as "seasonal" which is kind of odd for an opening park. You would assume that they would have some full and part timers. I've personally been hoping to land a supervisory job at Legoland because it's closer to me than Disney/Busch/Universal but hey.. if I have to push buttons with my college degree and several years attraction lead experience I'll suck it up and hope to get promoted in the future! (all while keeping my current job somehow.. I just need to get back into the theme park industry)

The schedule has the park closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays and looks like 10AM - 5PM operating hours. 5 day weeks and 7 hours a day will save the park a lot in labor and to me those sound like much better hours than Disney or Universal from a working perspective!

I think Merlin Entertainment is being very cautious with this park. It seems like Winter Haven is really building AROUND the park so it does have the support that Cypress Gardens never got.. there are plans to build a huge (and cool looking) shopping complex with a water taxi to Legoland. Almost like Winter Haven's own little City Walk. It should be interesting. I'm just hoping the cautious approach doesn't mean spending less on making the park look nice.

^ i don't think merlin would be dumb enough to cut corners inside of the park but the labor saving thing gives me mixed emotions as to the quality of there product. I think Lego will really play up the seasonal events when they get launched.

^ I was looking at some trip reports from the other legolands and I was surprised with how well themed and landscaped they were. Im not sure if they started out that awesome looking but I was impressed! I'm hoping the Florida version is as nice, and it needs to be to compete.

At the same time, i feel like they can't build TOO big to begin with because this park is quite a risk. They will need to rely a lot on locals and hopefully find a way to get people down to winter haven.

What do you make of the seasonal positions? Hopefully they are hiring some non management full timers.