Legoland Florida | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Legoland Florida

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Legoland Florida Announces Marketing Team. Official Press Release:

Winter Haven, FL (July 1, 2010) –The bricks are falling into place at LEGOLAND® Florida as the first three members of the marketing team begin to market the first LEGOLAND Park on the east coast here in Winter Haven. Director of Sales and Marketing Kim Isemann, Manager of Sales Todd Andrus and Public Relations Representative Jackie Wallace are bringing their expertise from Central Florida attraction destinations to promote the family theme park opening fall 2011.

Isemann brings considerable expertise in theme park and attractions marketing and will lead the estimated 20-person marketing team as Director of Sales & Marketing for LEGOLAND Florida. Isemann joins the team of Model Citizens (LEGOLAND Park’s affectionate term for employees) from her role as General Manager of the Daytona 500 Experience Attraction at the Daytona International Speedway. Prior to the Speedway, Isemann was with SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment in escalating roles over a 12-year period, culminating in her position as the Florida Parks Director of Promotions. Isemann is a graduate of the University of Central Florida and will soon be relocating to Polk County.

“I’m thrilled to be a part of Merlin Entertainments Group on this exciting new venture,” Isemann said. “LEGOLAND has such a tradition of quality entertainment, and I know this will be a successful park when we open next year.”

Joining Isemann as the Manager of Sales is Andrus, a 13-year sales veteran from SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment where he was most recently the Senior Manager of National Sales. Andrus’ knowledge and contacts in the sales arena will prove invaluable to the first new theme park to be built in Central Florida in more than 10 years. Andrus graduated from Kent State University with a degree in Communications.

Wallace will be heading the communications efforts for the new park as Public Relations Representative. With more than 10 years of theme park experience, Wallace comes to LEGOLAND Florida directly from the promotions team at SeaWorld & Busch Gardens. Previously, she was a member of the SeaWorld Orlando media relations team that opened Aquatica, SeaWorld’s Waterpark and several headlining shows. Wallace graduated from the University of Central Florida with a degree in Advertising and Public Relations.

LEGOLAND Florida will offer more than 50 rides, shows and attractions, including thousands of spectacular LEGO® models. The Florida development will be Merlin Entertainments’ second LEGOLAND Park in North America and will play an important role in the group’s continued growth in the U.S. Providing a full-day, year round theme park experience geared towards families with children between the ages of 2 and 12, LEGOLAND Florida will mirror the successful concept of the four existing LEGOLAND Parks in Denmark, Germany, U.K. and California. However, as with the other four, it will also have its own unique “twist” reflecting its stunning location and adding a Florida flavor.

Winter Haven is excited to host LEGOLAND® Florida and we welcome Kim Isemann,Todd Andrus and Jackie Wallace as they begin to tell the world about the park .

We have brochures in at the hotel now.
Scanned for your viewing pleasure :)

Front and Back:
legoland1.jpg

Inside:
legoland2.jpg

legoland3.jpg

legoland4.jpg

Sorry it's split up but it opens up too big to scan, hopefully you can get the idea :)

Reactions: EPCOTcenter
Thanks for the great pictures, Loribelle! I guess that confirms several attractions for the park. Can't wait! :thumbs:

One interesting thing to note from the brochure: it seems to indicate the return of some form of the water ski show. That should be good news for the Cypress Gardens fans.

Yes, I remember that the press release said that they would keep some of the old Cypress Gardens heritage.

Yeah, I know for sure the gardens will be preserved, which is great news and will be a great balance to the park. But apparently the preservation of the gardens was a stipulation of the agreement when purchasing the park.

Good eye, Rewster. I completely missed that. :rep:

Also, it sounds like we may find out more information next week:

Legoland Florida officials will hold an open house for the public Thursday and will share plans for the new theme park in Winter Haven.

Julie Estrada, the media relations director for Legoland Florida, said the open house will be from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Orange Dome on Cypress Gardens Boulevard in Winter Haven.

Legoland's parent company, Merlin Entertainments Group, is turning the former Cypress Gardens theme park site into Legoland Florida. An opening is planned for late 2011.

Legoland officials will be on hand during the Thursday open house to answer any questions about the theme park.

Reactions: EPCOTcenter
Anyone planning on checking out the open house this afternoon? Hopefully we learn some new information from it.

Anyone planning on checking out the open house this afternoon? Hopefully we learn some new information from it.

I'm at work, but my girl is going with my camera. We'll post anything if not already reported by others tonight when I get home (which won't be until after midnight.....)

Great! Thanks in advance both of you!

With all of the information already released, I figured I would try to gather and organize all of the attractions, shows, etc. into one post. Here's what I got:

Rides
-Observatory Tower (Fun Town)
-TECHNIC Coaster (Extreme)
-Wave Racers (Extreme)
-Dragon Coaster (Castle)
-Royal Joust (Castle)
-Kid Power Towers (Imagination Zone)
-Unnamed Boat Attraction (LEGO City)
-Beetle Bounce (Land of Adventure)
-Lost Kingdom Adventure (Land of Adventure)
-Unnamed Wooden Roller Coaster (Land of Adventure)

Shows/Other Attractions
-LEGO Factory Tour (Fun Town)
-A Clutch Powers 4D Adventure (Fun Town)
-LEGOLAND Stunt and Water Ski Show (Extreme)
-The Hideaways [Play Area] (Castle)
-LEGO MINDSTORMS (Imagination Zone)
-Build and Test (Imagination Zone)
-Driving School (LEGO City)
-Fun Town Fire Academy (LEGO City)

Shops
-The Big Shop (The Beginning)

Miniland USA Models
-Las Vegas
-New York City
-Washington D.C.
-Kennedy Space Center
-Daytona Speedway

All of the above may be named incorrectly but are based off of the brochure and other identical Legoland attractions. If anyone notices any attractions that I'm missing, please post them here. The typing inside of the parentheses are the sections of the park that each item is.

Last edited:
Some news straight from the open house going on right now:

• Starliner is confirmed to be getting disassembled but preserved to be sold.
  • The "Unnamed Wooden Coaster" in Land of Adventure is Triple Hurricane from Cypress Gardens. It still has no name from what I currently have heard.
  • Demolition to start Monday

Also, some pictures, courtesy of member Codeblak:

City: http://twitpic.com/23k3oi
Castle Hill: http://twitpic.com/23k3le

Last edited:
[*]Starliner is confirmed to be getting disassembled but preserved to be sold.
I had hope that this Legoland would be much better than the others, having more thrill rides... now that hope is gone......
Oh well, It'll still be a great park.