Legoland Florida | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Legoland Florida

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So I just got back from the open house.
There was a really good turnout from the community, tons of people there. A few of the guys from Merlin did give a bit of a speech, but it was really really hard to hear, so I'm not sure what was said there. There were some people taking video, so I'm sure you'll be able to find a video sometime soon :)
I took lots of pics, but I'm at work tonight till 11 and don't have access to a computer with an SD slot to upload them until then.
I did scan one of the FAQ flyers they were handing out at the door though...

Front & Back:
legolandFAQ2.jpg

Inside:
legolandFAQ1.jpg

I went there and took a lot of pictures (can't post the link anymore, sorry)
The place was packed!!

Oh, and by the way, did anybody see me? I was the only one wearing an Epcot retro t-shirt and a Cypress Gardens cap :lol:.
And thanks, Loribelle for the scan! I can't make mine work!!! :rep:

Last edited:
According to an official from the park in a general Q&A about Legoland, the park is officially removing The Starliner. The Starliner is being diligently being removed to be put into storage for sale later. They've also dis-assembled Okeechobee Rampage and it's sitting in the parking lot.. For more pictures of what's going on at the park, check out the latest update from today's visit to Legoland and the open house event at Behind the Thrills.

According to an official from the park in a general Q&A about Legoland, the park is officially removing The Starliner. The Starliner is being diligently being removed to be put into storage for sale later.

There goes my hope of Starliner being re-made into the Dragon Coaster. Oh well... maybe Knoebels will want it (Fetterman did have a hand in that ride, after all!).

Here's some of the pics I took today...

legoland1-1.jpg

legoland6.jpg

legoland7.jpg

legoland10.jpg

legoland32.jpg

legoland41.jpg

legoland27.jpg

legoland36.jpg

legoland42.jpg

These signs were pretty interesting as some of them show old buildings from Cypress Gardens and what they will be converted to for Legoland:

legoland21.jpg

legoland20.jpg

legoland19.jpg

legoland18.jpg

legoland17.jpg

legoland24.jpg

legoland22.jpg

legoland16.jpg

Reactions: mantaguy
This pic was posted by loribelle back in January on page 2 of this thread, but I wanted to repost it since it really gives a good feel for how the final layout of the park will be now that we have so much info on the attractions and lands.

The line at the top of the map is the road running in front of the park, with Lake Eloise located at the bottom.

ThuJan21165036AmericaNew_York2010.jpg

If you compare that layout to Bing Bird's Eye views, you'll notice the map lists a Wild Mouse (which looks like the same Galaxy Spin that was there, and was sold to Fun Spot) in the same spot as in Cypress Gardens. The ride they show in the video a different model with a triangular layout (same Wild Mouse-type ride they have at Canada's Wonderland as The Fly and King's Dominion as Ricochet)... so it seems this isn't the final layout (unless the video was wrong).

Also from the map, it seems they're saving room at the front for a Sea Life aquarium, just like in California.

i sure hope they save the island in the sky!

Don't worry, I asked them about it, and they positively confirmed that the island in the sky will stay.
And if you look at the new Legoland brochure, it says: "get a lift above the Park at the OBSERVATION TOWER for a fantastic view"
that refers to the Island in the Sky :thumbs:

Don't worry, I asked them about it, and they positively confirmed that the island in the sky will stay.
And if you look at the new Legoland brochure, it says: "get a lift above the Park at the OBSERVATION TOWER for a fantastic view"
that refers to the Island in the Sky :thumbs:

THANK GOD! i love that thing!