Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Lion King attraction?

Agree to disagree.

But either way, in a park featuring FOTLK, Nemo, and ITTBAB, I don't think animated Jungle Book would feel out of place
It wouldn't. Maybe do a hybrid of the two, though. You could take inspiration from the live-action version when creating the facade and maybe the queue, but at it's core, still, using the animated version for the ride's show scenes.

Out of the three animated shows/attractions you listed though, the only one that actually uses any animation is ITTBAB and ITTBAB is hidden within the park's icon. FOTLK and Nemo is all puppetry and puppetry with grand sets, both with some pretty good live singing. All three have been designed in a way so that they fit into DAK appropriately, especially now with the look of the FOTLK theatre.

Not related to the Lion King, but I always thought that Disney World should have a better representation of Aladdin in the parks. Just wishful thinking for sure, but an Aladdin dark ride with animatronics or a Magic Carpet ride similar to Flight of Passage through Agrabah, the Cave of Wonders ect. would be a really cool ride.

Not related to the Lion King, but I always thought that Disney World should have a better representation of Aladdin in the parks. Just wishful thinking for sure, but an Aladdin dark ride with animatronics or a Magic Carpet ride similar to Flight of Passage through Agrabah, the Cave of Wonders ect. would be a really cool ride.
If Aladdin gets any sort of larger representation, it'll unfortunately be in Morocco, which would be a worse fit than Frozen in Norway.

Ah okay. That's unfortunate because I feel like there's a lot that could be done with it. The kiddie ride they have now in Magic Kingdom is an insult lol

If Aladdin gets any sort of larger representation, it'll unfortunately be in Morocco, which would be a worse fit than Frozen in Norway.

Ah okay. That's unfortunate because I feel like there's a lot that could be done with it. The kiddie ride they have now in Magic Kingdom is an insult lol

I'm not saying it'll happen or it's even a rumor, it's just where I think it'd be likely to go. Although with Rat now taking over much of the plot next door, there wouldn't be room for a big ticket ride. Probably room for a small dark ride though.

By "land," I would assume they really mean a subsection of Africa.

I obviously am unwilling to trust a random, anonymous commenter whose source is "an imagineer," but I hope that person left that comment with good reason and not to just stir the pot.

Random comment on my article, (even after I added 3 updates about the permit referring to Club 33,) says there's still hope.
View attachment 8967
I mean, I highly doubt they build a LK Land. Maybe a mini-land though, off to the side of Harambe. If this has any credence at all, that would have to be what he's talking about (which would basically be building the dark ride) because they aren't going to get rid of their newly built theater.

I mean, I highly doubt they build a LK Land. Maybe a mini-land though, off to the side of Harambe. If this has any credence at all, that would have to be what he's talking about (which would basically be building the dark ride) because they aren't going to get rid of their newly built theater.
Yea, new ride + existing show + food stand = "land"

I'm not saying it'll happen or it's even a rumor, it's just where I think it'd be likely to go. Although with Rat now taking over much of the plot next door, there wouldn't be room for a big ticket ride. Probably room for a small dark ride though.
Yeah I hear ya... I just think that if they really wanted to make a strong Aladdin attraction, which maybe they don't even care to, a FOP type carpet ride would be pretty epic. A dark ride could be interesting as well, but I would hope a little more effort would go into it then the Frozen ride.

Yeah I hear ya... I just think that if they really wanted to make a strong Aladdin attraction, which maybe they don't even care to, a FOP type carpet ride would be pretty epic. A dark ride could be interesting as well, but I would hope a little more effort would go into it then the Frozen ride.
Did you ever get to do the Aladdin flying carpet VR thing at Disney Quest? It was pretty cool when it first opened way back when.