Lower Lot Redesign | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Lower Lot Redesign

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Now that we have some new info...I am just going to throw this out there...

These aren't 100% accurate, but they are close enough to see what could possibly go where...

Nintendo Japan location:

Orlando Kids Zone (proposed Nintendo location)

Diagon Alley Orlando

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a tough bet on Stages 32-44 becoming Nintendo or Diagon Alley.  Those plots are very close in size, but all depends on if Revenge of the Mummy were to close and be demolished.  Nintendo could fit without removing Mummy, but the layout seems awkward.  Diagon Alley would require a major dirt moving adventure to level the change in elevation from RotM and Stages 32-44.

Stages 22-25 don't seem to fit anything currently out there in Universal Creative's lineup.  (I sure hope we don't see Jimmy Fallon show up there!!!  It would match a New York theme that SLoP would create).

SLoP is already confirmed, but Stage 29 and 31 aren't big enough to handle any major ride addition.  Plus, its in a better spot for offices and management.  I would love to see a Doctor Doom's Fear Fall here, but that is dreaming in this area.  Too loud!  Plus, the Transformers queue needs to wrap around the building eventually.

Reactions: Aaron and Ryan
Stages 22-25 don't seem to fit anything currently out there in Universal Creative's lineup.  (I sure hope we don't see Jimmy Fallon show up there!!!  It would match a New York theme that SLoP would create).

Just reading this made me sick to my stomach because it makes way too much sense. If they do, the least they could do is wipe him away from the Studio Tour... unless... they move the new ST entrance next to Fallon.  :eek:

Just reading this made me sick to my stomach because it makes way too much sense. If they do, the least they could do is wipe him away from the Studio Tour... unless... they move the new ST entrance next to Fallon.  :eek:

Looks like you just gave away what Uni. DIDN'T release for their next five year plan.  :lol:

Seriously though, that actually makes a lot of sense. 

Unlikely I know, but I could see them having a Ghostbusters ride of some sort there as opposed to Fallon. I realize that a NY trackless dark ride would be right across from it, but I've heard rumors going around that USH really wants to make a MIB-esque shooting ride over here. If they do one, I think Ghostbusters (The original, not the remake) would be the best option for them. They can do it SLoP-style by having the queue and gift shop on the first floor and the ride on the second. 

Yes, the remake is going to be a bust (Of epic Biblical proportions), but it has a very devoted fan base. It's a household name with a large following, the comics and the video game have done very well, it would sell a crap-ton of merch, and it would fit the area very well. Not to mention they love themed drinks and can sell Ecto-Cooler. I want a cup of some frozen or cold Ectocooler now. (Take my drink idea Universal! TAKE IT!) 

Shoot. I may have excited myself over something that may never happen. 

Unlikely I know, but I could see them having a Ghostbusters ride of some sort there as opposed to Fallon. I realize that a NY trackless dark ride would be right across from it, but I've heard rumors going around that USH really wants to make a MIB-esque shooting ride over here. If they do one, I think Ghostbusters (The original, not the remake) would be the best option for them. They can do it SLoP-style by having the queue and gift shop on the first floor and the ride on the second. 

Yes, the remake is going to be a bust (Of epic Biblical proportions), but it has a very devoted fan base. It's a household name with a large following, the comics and the video game have done very well, it would sell a crap-ton of merch, and it would fit the area very well. Not to mention they love themed drinks and can sell Ecto-Cooler. I want a cup of some frozen or cold Ectocooler now. (Take my drink idea Universal! TAKE IT!) 

Shoot. I may have excited myself over something that may never happen. 

Who knows, they could do something for Nintendo that would be a MIB-esque Shooting Attraction as there is the Luigi's Mansion IP that would work almost instantly for a shooting dark ride.

It doesn't have to be a trackless too, as it can be a OG style Shooting Dark Ride and you'd still have the same effects of reliability (but with the Universal Quality and technology).

Personally, I think Nintendo goes to the Lower Lot, and Diagon goes to the Upper Lot; without the Hogwart's Express. To me, that makes the most logistical sense, and that Nintendo sounds like that it will be much more practical than most of Universal Studio's Hollywood's portfolio as of right now (not including SLoP as that isn't coming until such foreseeable time).

Plus, it's not like that USH wouldn't be the only one to do similar; as Beijing seems like that it will follow that pattern in a way.

Reactions: chris.g
Man a Luigi's Mansion shooting dark ride would be an absolute BLAST! (No pun intended) I would spend all day in there. 

Reactions: Aaron

I think we can breathe a sigh of relief because we all know USH doesn't do anything that makes sense.  LOL

But I freaked out when I thought about it too!

I recall a couple of years ago that we discussed the possibility of a "real" roller coaster being built that would open for next year and that it apparently was going on the lower lot. It died out but got buried when SLoP broke out. Anyone rember or have any updates on this? I think Ryan mentioned something about this a while back. 

Reactions: Al2020
I recall a couple of years ago that we discussed the possibility of a "real" roller coaster being built that would open for next year and that it apparently was going on the lower lot. It died out but got buried when SLoP broke out. Anyone rember or have any updates on this? I think Ryan mentioned something about this a while back. 

I remember this as well that the park was gonna get a legit coaster but maybe there's still a possibility that it can happen after the year SLoP opens. 

With the new Starway construction, it is now without a doubt that Nintendo will go to the Lower Lot.  I think Diagon Alley may have been scratched or shelved. 

With this new timeline for Nintendo, Mummy may last until 2018...possibly. They obviously don't want to get rid of it just yet as they relocate the lockers for the attraction, but notice they aren't spending any big cash to make the relocation permanent. 

It'll be interesting to see what else goes down with the sound stages. Will Panda Express, Character Shop and Studio Cafe go with it or will they make it?

It'll have to stay for a little while; as far as I'm aware, that building houses the only public bathrooms on the Lower Lot. If anything, the building will probably undergo a process similar to Mummy Treats/RotM Lockers: keep the function the same, but redo the floorplan. While the path by Transformers is very open, I'm not sure the pathway by the bathrooms is wide enough to be an actual thoroughfare.

Reactions: Aaron