Lower Lot Redesign | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Lower Lot Redesign

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'd more or less do this,

*Get rid of the mummy side of the street; including TransFormers Supply Vault, Starbucks, Mummy, and other things

* Retheme the Transformers façade to match the Dark of the moon with the mural replaced with a Megatron Statue

* Retheme Jurassic Park the ride to tie in with the new film, with new AA'S replacing the old ones, new paint, and a new boat color

*Buy soundstages 28, CSI soundstages, and the Soundstage on the right side of the transformers entrance (someone please correct me)

*Turn Soundstage 28 into a Events venue for HHN, and Grinchmas

*Get rid of the Panda Express/NBCUniversal Experience for new dining & Retail themed to Transformers with relocation of Meet & Greet in NBCUniversal Experience plot

* CSI soundstages demolished for new Mini-land based on Star Trek with a 3-D dark ride based on the JJ Abram films

* Jurassic Café gets facelift with new food options, new paint, new theming to match Jurassic World - River Adventure

* Revenge of the Mummy - The Ride removed with 3 Mini-lands; Studio Center, Pink Palace, and Hollywood Hills

*Hollywood hills comprises of a New Show Venue, new Gift shop and is located on Right end next to StarWay and rethemed Handicap location

*Pink Palace is in middle with a Mystic Manor/Haunted Mansion dark ride trackless themed to Coraline with AA'S, 3D, and Projected images

*Studio Center would consist of a Indoor show Venue bringing SES back to Lower Lot, New location for Dropoff/Pickups for Studio Tour, and a new Dining section comprised of Props of Universal Movies with a second floor dining room consisting of a few famous cars (Delorean, JP ford Explorer, Doms Charger)

*Total budget would be a 600 Million dollar Expansion/Re-evaluation of the Lower Lot.

Just wanting to go off about it but that's what i'd actauly do and don't get me started on the Falls Lake/Diagon thing...

^ $600 million wouldn't even be close to how much would be needed for what you proposed......you're basically completely leveling and redoing half of the property more than it is now. That's more intense than what Disney did with DCA.

First, Chicago theme... Don't know why that theme would be necessary here. Sorry, not fan of the idea either.

Second, I am not quite sure but I think Cedar Fair is the owner of the theme park rights for Star Trek. Once again, not sure. I wish Cedar made something spectacular with those rights.

Third, I don't think it's a good idea to make this massive rehaul of the lower lot just to add shops, restaurants, shows and one attraction to the attraction count. I love Waterworld, don't get me wrong, but it has been ages since I've been to SES. We need more attractions, not shows and with the estimated price tag, it had better.

Second, I am not quite sure but I think Cedar Fair is the owner of the theme park rights for Star Trek. Once again, not sure. I wish Cedar made something spectacular with those rights.
They don't. I believe the rights to Star Trek and all the other Paramount properties were given up shortly after Cedar Fair acquirement of the Paramount Parks (which included Star Trek: the Experience in Vegas.)

The upcoming Paramount Parks in Spain and London (if they are built) are planned to have Star Trek attractions, but I'm not sure if that means they will be exclusive to those parks. I think Universal can get the rights to Star Trek in the U.S. since no theme park currently has them.

We could see a situation similar to Sesame Street with SeaWorld/Busch Gardens/Sesame Place in the U.S. and Universal in Asia.

Honestly, I don't want to see Star Trek at Universal (but that's just me).  :)

First, Chicago theme... Don't know why that theme would be necessary here. Sorry, not fan of the idea either.

Third, I don't think it's a good idea to make this massive rehaul of the lower lot just to add shops, restaurants, shows and one attraction to the attraction count. 
Agree with both.

Third, I don't think it's a good idea to make this massive rehaul of the lower lot just to add shops, restaurants, shows and one attraction to the attraction count. I love Waterworld, don't get me wrong, but it has been ages since I've been to SES. We need more attractions, not shows and with the estimated price tag, it had better.
Transformers The Ride takes place in Chicago. The park already has LA, London, Paris, and New York represented. So why not Chicago?

The ultimate goal would be to eliminate whats left of the hodgepodge/ "hot set" feel from the park while keeping the existing rides.

Last edited by a moderator:
Transformers The Ride takes place in Chicago. The park already has LA, London, Paris, and New York represented. So why not Chicago?

The ultimate goal would be to eliminate whats left of the hodgepodge/ "hot set" feel from the park while keeping the existing rides.
With the addition of fictional lands like Springfield and Hogsmeade, there really isn't any need to label the Lower Lot as a whole under the name of one city. The Mummy, Jurassic Park, and Transformers are three totally different spectrums, so it just wouldn't make sense.

While the studio theme hasn't worked for Disney or even Universal Studios Florida, I think it works quite well in the Lower Lot in the context of the rest of the studio.

After all, even if you were to theme it, what would you do with the surrounding soundstages? Those would still be visible from the StarWay, and any effort in hiding that fact would be tremendously costly.

Reactions: William
That's why I personally like my idea for the lower lot the best :)

*pats for Allen*

If it were up to me, I'd either enhance the existing themeing of all the current rides and ride buildings (make the Mummy building like it is in Singapore and all Egyptian, etc) or I'd seriously enhance the "hot set/backlot" feel and make the theme of the backlot be that Jurassic Park, Transformers, and Mummy are three movies being filmed. And I'd enhance the lower lot with lots of film equipment and rigs and director chairs and "cameras" and other things to make it seem like an active backlot. I'd also add walk around film maker characters, as well as the characters from the films.

I'd more or less do this,

*Get rid of the mummy side of the street; including TransFormers Supply Vault, Starbucks, Mummy, and other things

* Retheme the Transformers façade to match the Dark of the moon with the mural replaced with a Megatron Statue

* Retheme Jurassic Park the ride to tie in with the new film, with new AA'S replacing the old ones, new paint, and a new boat color

*Buy soundstages 28, CSI soundstages, and the Soundstage on the right side of the transformers entrance (someone please correct me)

*Turn Soundstage 28 into a Events venue for HHN, and Grinchmas

*Get rid of the Panda Express/NBCUniversal Experience for new dining & Retail themed to Transformers with relocation of Meet & Greet in NBCUniversal Experience plot

* CSI soundstages demolished for new Mini-land based on Star Trek with a 3-D dark ride based on the JJ Abram films

* Jurassic Café gets facelift with new food options, new paint, new theming to match Jurassic World - River Adventure

* Revenge of the Mummy - The Ride removed with 3 Mini-lands; Studio Center, Pink Palace, and Hollywood Hills

*Hollywood hills comprises of a New Show Venue, new Gift shop and is located on Right end next to StarWay and rethemed Handicap location

*Pink Palace is in middle with a Mystic Manor/Haunted Mansion dark ride trackless themed to Coraline with AA'S, 3D, and Projected images

*Studio Center would consist of a Indoor show Venue bringing SES back to Lower Lot, New location for Dropoff/Pickups for Studio Tour, and a new Dining section comprised of Props of Universal Movies with a second floor dining room consisting of a few famous cars (Delorean, JP ford Explorer, Doms Charger)

*Total budget would be a 600 Million dollar Expansion/Re-evaluation of the Lower Lot.

Just wanting to go off about it but that's what i'd actauly do and don't get me started on the Falls Lake/Diagon thing...
I will agree with everything here, excluding the Jurassic Park rethemeing. It's just my opinion, but I am quite fond of the current looks of the Jurassic area. All they really need to do is fix the dinosaurs. But then again, it's my opinion, and everyone always seems to go against them, so I dunno.

Reactions: Jon Fu
The other thing is, on some topics, some of us like to be more realistic than others. As in, think of ideas that are at least somewhat realistic in the scope of the land USH owns and how these ideas match what USH is currently going for.

All in good fun though.

Well they could expand, but I dunno where, because they should to allow more rides (Please less simulations. They make me feel a bit uncomfortable X( )

Okay, I can't confirm this - I heard from a co-worker on set today that Universal has decided to remove Stage 28. He works on CSI across from Stage 28 and says there has been a lot of "closed door" work going on there.

That would be a travesty. That is the most historic soundstage on any movie studio lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Aaron
If something new comes, they have to. I can't sugarcoat it enough, Mabye they got a exorcist to get the spirits (if its happening) out of the soundstage for it... Just hoping what happens, they don't get rid of the entire building..