Lower Lot Redesign | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Lower Lot Redesign

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I agree, it takes up too much space too. I'd demo Panda and Universal Experience for an A. Larger Universal Experience museum exhibit or B. Add another Jurassic Park family attraction....somehow.

But I agree that I think we're getting ahead of ourselves. My hopes are that this new development will be for the theme park, as I definitely agree that the Lower Lot would benefit from another major attraction to help balance Potter crowds in the upper lot and keep guests in the lower lot even longer.

We'll find out soon enough!

I am shocked by the news I am hearing about this.  I have also heard that Stage 28 will be demolished from my sources.  I accept that I was wrong about this initially and now I am opening my mind to other ideas.  Yes, Panda now needs to go and open up the street.  Hopefully Stage 28 will become the new NBCU Experience!

I'm just trying to think for a sec. Universal already has so many soundstages and has room to build other soundstages on other parts of the lot. Stage 28 was always the closest stage to the Theme Park. It...literally butts up against Transformers. I definitely see this becoming part of the theme park. Just didn't expect this so soon. But if they do go that route, I wonder just how much they'll be willing to tear out to make room. Whatever Stage 28 becomes, I hope Universal does the right thing...

Chris, as much as I'd love a new Universal Experience that's much larger, giving that idea to Stage 28 would kinda be overkill IMO. There's enough space for a large attraction so...I'd rather see that elsewhere.

What I'd do? Make HoH into a Planet Hollywood themed restaurant. Upscale dining AND relocate all the cool props and costumes from Universal Experience and more into there. Boom! :D

While we're on the lower lot, can Universal please fix JP and Mummy? Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
While we're on the lower lot, can Universal please fix JP and Mummy? Lol
I think their main priority should be Jurassic Park. But they both still should be fixed.

I know this is a bit off topic, but I have one unanswered question about the lower lot. You know how Google uses a Google car to take 360 images to make them seem 3D? Well how did the Google car get here? https://www.google.com/maps/place/Universal+Studios+Hollywood/@34.140177,-118.355032,3a,75y,210.37h,96.9t/data=!3m5!1e1!3m3!1skIvrhjUoECUAAAAAAABygQ!2e0!3e11!4m2!3m1!1s0x80c2be4f253238cf:0xd3dd5027799c9a71

from what I heard, they have a Bike that travels around the park for its streetviews, that's why it isn't like a video. and probably why the Starway isn't on Streetview either..

Just putting this here too; with a question,

VARIETY has confirmed that Soundstage 28 would be demolished for what the Employee newsletter of Universal said 'Theme Park Expansion' ending the debate on wether its for a new upgraded soundstage or a new Addition to the theme parks. Now I have a question to you guys, Any hopes of what the new Attraction would be?

All of this new information on Stage 28 almost has me excited.  I am just trying to place a time frame on possible development.

I would like to see NBCUniversal Experience become the Restaurant for HOH, but that would be fanboy excitement and would not be profitable for USH because the space can make money if its leased.

My honest truth would now see Pands, NBCUE, and the restrooms demolished to expand the street.   This is required if you add a fourth major attraction downstairs.  Where will the new restrooms go while they replace the existing restrooms?

Reactions: William and Aaron
http://variety.com/2014/artisans/news/universal-to-demolish-phantom-of-the-opera-soundstage-but-preserve-silent-films-set-1201292227/

I know this is a bit off topic, but I have one unanswered question about the lower lot. You know how Google uses a Google car to take 360 images to make them seem 3D? Well how did the Google car get here? https://www.google.com/maps/place/Universal+Studios+Hollywood/@34.140177,-118.355032,3a,75y,210.37h,96.9t/data=!3m5!1e1!3m3!1skIvrhjUoECUAAAAAAABygQ!2e0!3e11!4m2!3m1!1s0x80c2be4f253238cf:0xd3dd5027799c9a71
The "Google Trekker" which is how they captured the walk through USH and CityWalk.

google-backpack-camera.jpg

Reactions: BernardMesa
http://variety.com/2014/artisans/news/universal-to-demolish-phantom-of-the-opera-soundstage-but-preserve-silent-films-set-1201292227/

Ahhhhhh freaked out reading it!!! So excited that it's confirmed for future theme park expansion! I'll be honest, as sad as it is to lose a historic soundstage, I'm at least happy we're finally expanding the park AND they're preserving the Phantom sets!

Interesting that Universal said that Transformers is too loud and can be heard from inside Stage 28. Considering Transformers is a brand new soundstage, I feel like that's PR mumbo-jumbo.

Either way, so excited.

I agree with Chris, I can definitely imagine them ripping out Panda and Universal experience to expand the street. I just hope it doesn't affect Jurassic Cafe.

REALLY?!?!?! That's very surprising to me considering it's a mostly brand new soundstage so you'd think it would keep in the noise.

Maybe I haven't heard the noisy noise from the attraction because THE MUSIC IS SO DAMN LOUD ON THE LOWER LOT ;) ;) ;) Amiright?!?!?!

But this development absolutely made my week. I'm so excited now that it's confirmed and my brain is rushing with ideas!!!

I'm leaning more towards a show myself...the Lower Lot already has enough rides and they need some way of keeping guests down there longer.

Reactions: William
I wouldn't mind a show as long as SES is replaced with a ride eventually.

But State 28 is a pretty big space and I honestly think Universal will take advantage of the random blessing of more park space and make another ride. Another ride would keep guests down there longer and keep them away from Potter.

With a ride, guests will wanna do it a few times. Show? Probably once.

... please god no.. please god no... i'd not be happy if people we're thinking that of Diagon being there.. they need to stop guessing where it could be and just expect the unexpected.. But; to me, I think i'd like to see a Monsters themed mini-area going over there with a Monsters café and a small Mauer Schone family spinner with Dark ride scenes of Dracula/Frankenstein. think CrushCoaster but with Monsters.. I have a question to you guys.. what if they get rid of the road of the studio tour and instead, move the entrances of the CSI soundstages and Studio Tour Route to another area.