Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Magic Kingdom Cabanas

They don't think the price is abusrud. -_-

99.9% of guests will laugh these things off, but there will always be a segment that will buy into something for the "exclusivity" or what have you and the group this time around seems to be pixie dusters with money to blow.

Anyone who is used to REAL luxury would laugh these off right along with the peasants.

I wonder how long it'll be before the Universal lifestylers become a thing...
The difference between WDW and UOR (and what makes UOR better for relaxation imo) is that UOR has all it's hotels close by, so people have no need for this type of stuff at Uni.

WDW has the "advantage" of having their resorts so spread out that most people think of park hopping as tiring and a waste of time. So because of that, we get Hoovervilles in the middle of tomorrowland masquerading as High-End Cabanas.

As bad as this, I can see some potential in the idea with some major improvements. I can accept that it's a tent as it's only a proof of concept and the final product will look better in a proper building, hopefully with AC. The current location is awful, it's way in the corner of the park. If you're at BTMR, you're half a mile away, it's hardly convenient. Having them relocated to the middle of the park with a great view for the parade and fireworks could justify this to a lot more people plus it would be a great base for the day.

There also needs to be more benefits. Everything that's included is already there for you or available for a small charge. Even if it's something as simple as being allowed an extra FP reservation.

Why would you suggest this?!? Now they might actually put these tents in the new hub!

Part of my post was that they need to do away with the tents. Putting in a permanent building that blends in with the area. The location I had in mind was the small island in the middle of the bridge going into Tomorrowland. I think that might cause an obstruction for some of the restaurant but I'm not sure.