Magic Kingdom (General Discussion) | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

Magic Kingdom (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There used to be quite a few little bites in MK that I enjoyed. Aside from basically everything that used to be at Sleepy Hollow, there was the fried cauliflower at Golden Oak, the pot stickers at Sunshine Tree Terrace, the chocolate croissant at Gaston's Tavern... now all gone.

I can only assume the Mission to S'mores latte at Joffrey's Revive will exit the park shortly, because that's a drink I really like.

There used to be quite a few little bites in MK that I enjoyed. Aside from basically everything that used to be at Sleepy Hollow, there was the fried cauliflower at Golden Oak, the pot stickers at Sunshine Tree Terrace, the chocolate croissant at Gaston's Tavern... now all gone.

I can only assume the Mission to S'mores latte at Joffrey's Revive will exit the park shortly, because that's a drink I really like.
I haven’t been in Gaston’s in so long. Place is practically useless to me unless they ever decide to add something interesting there.

Reactions: belloq87
I haven’t been in Gaston’s in so long. Place is practically useless to me unless they ever decide to add something interesting there.

You know what... They had a ham & gruyere sandwich that was pretty good for a snack. Had that recently with a LeFou's Brew.. But of course they just took the sandwich off the menu.

• Haha
They also got rid of the hush puppies at Harbour House recently.

There's been a notable change in food quality unfortunately... nothing has been modified at Epcot yet. Docking Bay still seems to be untouched at the moment.

• Sad
On another note,
How likely is that out of everything that gets announced at D23 for specifically WDW will actually open in 2025?

Disney seems to have horrible turn around time for attractions usually.
What do we all think will end up being there reason for which they say “We are opening this in 2025, please don’t cancel your AP for a year and go to Epic”?

I don’t see anything currently that sticks out to me that can possibly open and be ready by next year…

On another note,
How likely is that out of everything that gets announced at D23 for specifically WDW will actually open in 2025?
Nothing 100% new will be open in 2025. You’d be insane to believe they could announce something, start building, and have it open next year.

The “new” thing for 2025 will be Test Track 3.0 and maybe a new show or something. I’d love it if they finally replaced BATB at DHS with a new show.

On a long shot guess, it’s possible a RNRC retheme could be announced and open next year as well, but I haven’t heard anything regarding that.

On another note,

Disney seems to have horrible turn around time for attractions usually.
What do we all think will end up being there reason for which they say “We are opening this in 2025, please don’t cancel your AP for a year and go to Epic”?

I don’t see anything currently that sticks out to me that can possibly open and be ready by next year…
While they're not brand-new attractions, rumors of a new night parade at MK, show/event at DHS and potentially new food festival at Epcot are all plausible. A night parade at MK, while not an attraction, is a heck of a decent addition next year with the built up nostalgia for one.

Zootopia replacement of Tough to be a Bug could debut next year as well

Reactions: IzzyB
While they're not brand-new attractions, rumors of a new night parade at MK, show/event at DHS and potentially new food festival at Epcot are all plausible. A night parade at MK, while not an attraction, is a heck of a decent addition next year with the built up nostalgia for one.

Zootopia replacement of Tough to be a Bug could debut next year as well
Yeah, I think there’s going to be a smattering of smaller scale, mostly rethemed “new” things with a night parade being the main selling point if they do that.

They know they can’t compete with a brand new park, but they still need to give people a reason to visit Disney which they can do by spending money on various things across all parks to make it look like more is new at WDW than there really is.

Nothing 100% new will be open in 2025. You’d be insane to believe they could announce something, start building, and have it open next year.

The “new” thing for 2025 will be Test Track 3.0 and maybe a new show or something. I’d love it if they finally replaced BATB at DHS with a new show.

On a long shot guess, it’s possible a RNRC retheme could be announced and open next year as well, but I haven’t heard anything regarding that.
Yeah I never believed it was possible but just didn’t know what the track record was like, though with Epic we are in interesting times and they are probably getting skittish ever so slightly.

I think it may be possible they open the Zootopia show at DAK next year if they start moving along before the year is up…

A 2025-2026 opening for anything major would mean it was in the planning phase in 2020-2021, when all of the planning ground to a halt.

If any of the new construction announced at D23 opens before 2027 I’d be awfully surprised. Between now and then I think the major things will be Test Track, Zootopia show, and maybe a RnRC retheme like Nick mentioned.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
A 2025-2026 opening for anything major would mean it was in the planning phase in 2020-2021, when all of the planning ground to a halt.

If any of the new construction announced at D23 opens before 2027 I’d be awfully surprised. Between now and then I think the major things will be Test Track, Zootopia show, and maybe a RnRC retheme like Nick mentioned.
If Disney is properly incentivized, they can push things far quicker than we mock them for.

The Polynesian Holiday Inn & Suites got built fairly quickly. SWGE only took 3.5 years. Not expecting any of the Beyond Big Thunder projects earlier than 2028 (major infrastructure modifications required), but DAK could be a far better park by 2027 with the right choices.

If Disney is properly incentivized, they can push things far quicker than we mock them for.

The Polynesian Holiday Inn & Suites got built fairly quickly. SWGE only took 3.5 years. Not expecting any of the Beyond Big Thunder projects earlier than 2028 (major infrastructure modifications required), but DAK could be a far better park by 2027 with the right choices.
The best bets for a timeline for new WDW additions IMO would be the Tropical Islands at AK for 2027, then either the first phase of BBTM at MK or the DHS expansion for 2028.

Seems too short to add the new effects DL's got years back, but at least cleaning this thing up will be a positive. Wouldn't be surprised if the Native American scene is changed.

Surprised to see this posted so late, has to be a significant issue within the building. Unless they have the replacement ready to go, can't imagine it'll happen yet.

Seems too short to add the new effects DL's got years back, but at least cleaning this thing up will be a positive. Wouldn't be surprised if the Native American scene is changed.

While I'm not a fan of having this down for my trip in August, it definitely feels like they have to do this refurb pronto if they're closing it during peak Summer.

At least it'll make some trip planning/Multi Pass things a little easier.