Magic Kingdom's Crowding Issues? | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Magic Kingdom's Crowding Issues?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was just there yesterday, we have the top tier annual passes and just got our Magic Bands the other day for a hotel stay coming up in a few weeks. Apparently in linking our Magic Bands to our passes, one of our passes accidentally got linked to two magic bands. When my girlfriend called IT for help fixing it, they couldn't figure out the problem and she finally figured out it was because we had annual passes. Got there yesterday to meet up with some friends and poof everyone but me had their pass work (not using bands till we stay). I was told it was because my pass was one of our girls' pass. I showed it to him and said no this one is mine and has my name this one is hers and has her name, "No this is her pass". :bang:

He calls over a manager and she does the same thing he did, "this is her pass" :bang::bang: finally takes us over to the passholder onsite IT person right over on the side. Finally, she understands the issue and praises us for not causing the issue that normally occurs and completely locks two passes together never to be seen again. This all probably took 20-30 minutes.

I really want to like the idea of the Magic Bands, but the bugs can really throw a major monkey wrench in the works.

Fast Passes do nothing but increase wait time. But they're free! I see no world where this is made better by the crazy Disney Planners who can now book ride times 180 days in advance! Disney is making day trips to the parks seem like nightmares. Stick with us though, we'll open Avatarland and make Animal Kingdom a night time park in 4+ years.

The last I heard they have now rolled it out to all the resorts, correct? I was suprised that they haven't told us passholders about anything yet, not even in the fall Mickey Monitor or the latest email. My Magicband worked well in September, but I'm single and travel single, so there's nothing to get mixed up as far as more than one ticket per band or dining credits and whatnot. I agree that's unacceptable if someone is paying for a week stay at the Polynesian and everything goes haywire. A trip like that could have cost that person $10,000 or so, depending on airfare and extras. Nope, not acceptable at that price range. But then again Disney has been like that the past few years, kind of a take it or leave it kind of attitude that disturbs me at times.

I am planning a visit to DAK in a few weeks with the last 2 free tickets I have left, and I'm wondering if I'll even get to ride anything. This will probably be my last Disney visit for some time, because I only go when I can get in for free, and I understand maingate passes have changed and all, and having to pre-plan a casual day visit is almost certainly going to ensure I NEVER get an AP.

We went April 12th-26th universal and IOA were fine, seaworld was fine. MK had 100 min waits for space, 1hr for pirates and HM, 100 mins for splash.

At DHS we didn't see TOT or RnR under 60 mins the whole time and forget about toy story mm.

There were a lot of trips... I think it was seniors graduating maybe? Would that be the right time for those?
It was crowded, bottlenecks and people everywhere the weather was poor which dare I say it.... Made for one of the least enjoyable times I've ever had at the MK.

I park hopped from AK to EPCOT and ended at night at DHS on April 18th.....walked on almost everything. Did Everest twice, then EPCOT during the flower and garden festival for the first time with food and drink vendors.....walked around the world, sampled most places, rode MS, SSE, Norway, Soarin and Nemo.....then went to DHS and rode Tower of terror twice back to back....and Star tours twice.

That Friday the 19th, we spent all day at MK....went on Space 4 times, Splash 5 times, pirates, big thunder twice, buzz, stitch, haunted mansion twice back to back walk ons, and saw wishes.

No extra magic hours. Everything was a blast.....must've been bad luck on your part?

I park hopped from AK to EPCOT and ended at night at DHS on April 18th.....walked on almost everything. Did Everest twice, then EPCOT during the flower and garden festival for the first time with food and drink vendors.....walked around the world, sampled most places, rode MS, SSE, Norway, Soarin and Nemo.....then went to DHS and rode Tower of terror twice back to back....and Star tours twice.

That Friday the 19th, we spent all day at MK....went on Space 4 times, Splash 5 times, pirates, big thunder twice, buzz, stitch, haunted mansion twice back to back walk ons, and saw wishes.

No extra magic hours. Everything was a blast.....must've been bad luck on your part?

I agree, that must have been bad luck, we had some busy periods (8th-22nd April 2013), but on the whole it was fine. Went over to MK one afternoon before night parade and there were schoolkids everywhere in big groups. There was also a marching band and cheer event on too.

I got my magic bands this week. They come in a very Apple like Box. I will post my impressions of Fast Pass Plus, Magic Bands, and the park itself later