Magic Kingdom's New Hub | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Magic Kingdom's New Hub

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would think with it being directly in the center of the park, they would try to do this as quickly as possible

i believe the current goal is to have the project finished by holiday season 2015. it is a lot of work especially in such a prominent area of the park where so much entertainment is offered. i would not want to be the project manager for this gig. so much to work around. :stunned:

I know they think its necessary to do, but I HATE how much green space and water is being lost in this project. I think they need to add more water elements and trees throughout the park.

Sure if Disney keeps ignoring the potential of it's other (half day) parks there will be a big push on MK that makes this parking lot with planters a necessity. But if they would invest heavily in AK and DHS they could be as much loved as MK and there is no need to pave even more.
They did it in California and California Adventure is now almost as popular as DL. Sure they need to invest to bring mysterious Mansion to AK and Star Wars land to DHS but if done well it could lift the pressure from MK and Disney could rake in the cash. But I'm sure it's cheaper to pave the hub then to update their half day parks into something worth visiting.

^people will always go to Magic Kingdom, regardless of gow good its complimentary parks are. Its what has come to define the Disney experience.....

Also, Im not sure where you heard that DCA is almost as popular as DL. As a matter of fact, after all its makeovers its still behind the "half-day parks" in Florida youre talking about, in terms of attendance.

Reactions: natespf and rozfan
The Swan Boat Dock is already almost gone. When I was at the park tonight the roof was gone, possible more.

Also, the planter by the bathroom near The Plaza has been completely removed.

I went to the park last Friday night and can definitely see improvements in the walkways around the park (Specifically, the old hell hole of a walkway/ramp in Frontierland right near the stockades). Obviously the hub needs it bad and this expansion will alleviate crowds bottlenecking when the parade/fireworks/etc end. Shame we're gonna lose the rose garden area but this is a necessary evil.

New Fantasyland...

Poor retort.. :lol:

Hub looks great..will this be done or not even started by May 2015?
I am not a fan however of the random turrets throughout the park now and in the video .. I don't get them.... They need to go

Last edited:
Has anyone seen the new pictures of this coming together? The magical site has quite a recent slideshow linked on their main page. It is over the top construction and concrete work, in that it is all so industrial in practical terms, but being Disney, it has to all be pleasing to the eye. It will become a much better show for the fireworks but I wonder what will happen when it opens, if it will greatly effect traffic patterns with unforeseen results. Regardless, I am impressed.

Has anyone seen the new pictures of this coming together? The magical site has quite a recent slideshow linked on their main page. It is over the top construction and concrete work, in that it is all so industrial in practical terms, but being Disney, it has to all be pleasing to the eye. It will become a much better show for the fireworks but I wonder what will happen when it opens, if it will greatly effect traffic patterns with unforeseen results. Regardless, I am impressed.

nearmap.com has an aerial from dec 15th

EPSG3785_Date20141215_Lat28.418721_Lon-81.581195_Mpp0.299_zpst6wh0cve.jpg

I was at the parks this past weekend. Here are my brief impressions.
- The hub construction makes parade and firework watching a PITA. Fastpassing Wishes is now highly recommended...although I hear even the Rose Garden will be shut down soon...that's a shame.
- The Mine Train is NOT worth the wait. The coaster sections are way too short, and even less thrilling then Barnstormer if you can believe it. The dark section of the ride is nice, but once again over too quickly. Fast Pass or 15-20 min wait. My daughter preferred Thunder Mountain. She is 5.
- No troubles with magic bands throughout the trip. I'm officailly on board with this system. Did not take out my wallet once while I was there for the weekend. Like not havnig to shuffle through paper tickets to enter the park/fastpass etc.
- Splash Mountain had just opened, and all the effects were working great.
- I got more "wet" on Pirates then I did on Splash Mountain. That's a problem, especially when there are no signs that state such. If I had my camera out it would have gotten soaked. No Bueno.
We went on Super Bowl Sunday...total ghost town after the fireworks.
Epcot -
- Man it had been awhile. Journey to Imagination/Captain EO/and nerfed Pavillion should be closed and redone immeditely. Waste of space at this point.
- Spaceship Earth - Jib Jab finale feels out of place
- Soarin was pretty Borin. If this is what Avatar is going to be, I'm WAY less excited.
- Craft Beer selection is a lot better, which made me happy. Had some great (if not extrememly overpriced) beers in Italy.
- Didn't make it to Test Track...line was 50+ all day...in comparison Mission Space was 5 min...should probably axe that ride too.
- Walking in the countries and talking to the differnent employees made me realize that Arrendale really doesn't belong in WS.

I was at the parks this past weekend. Here are my brief impressions.
- The hub construction makes parade and firework watching a PITA. Fastpassing Wishes is now highly recommended...although I hear even the Rose Garden will be shut down soon...that's a shame.
- The Mine Train is NOT worth the wait. The coaster sections are way too short, and even less thrilling then Barnstormer if you can believe it. The dark section of the ride is nice, but once again over too quickly. Fast Pass or 15-20 min wait. My daughter preferred Thunder Mountain. She is 5.
- No troubles with magic bands throughout the trip. I'm officailly on board with this system. Did not take out my wallet once while I was there for the weekend. Like not havnig to shuffle through paper tickets to enter the park/fastpass etc.
- Splash Mountain had just opened, and all the effects were working great.
- I got more "wet" on Pirates then I did on Splash Mountain. That's a problem, especially when there are no signs that state such. If I had my camera out it would have gotten soaked. No Bueno.
We went on Super Bowl Sunday...total ghost town after the fireworks.
Epcot -
- Man it had been awhile. Journey to Imagination/Captain EO/and nerfed Pavillion should be closed and redone immeditely. Waste of space at this point.
- Spaceship Earth - Jib Jab finale feels out of place
- Soarin was pretty Borin. If this is what Avatar is going to be, I'm WAY less excited.
- Craft Beer selection is a lot better, which made me happy. Had some great (if not extrememly overpriced) beers in Italy.
- Didn't make it to Test Track...line was 50+ all day...in comparison Mission Space was 5 min...should probably axe that ride too.
- Walking in the countries and talking to the differnent employees made me realize that Arrendale really doesn't belong in WS.

I agree with pretty much everything you said, but I will add that Test Track has a single rider line that makes it way easier to ride.

Yeah...Id never do single rider line, especially when I have my 5 year old with me.
was hoping that we could get there early enough to avoid a long line. But the wait was 60 mins as early as 10:30am.
Since you can only fast pass one of these rides, we chose Soarin because id never Ridden it. Would have rather done test track. Oh well.

I love busting on Disney, but where they are putting the synthetic grass will be fireworks viewing areas. Thousands of people a day will be tromping it. It will be similar to the turf in Music Plaza at USF.

I love busting on Disney, but where they are putting the synthetic grass will be fireworks viewing areas. Thousands of people a day will be tromping it. It will be similar to the turf in Music Plaza at USF.

Yeah, Universal did it and I thought it clever, but it just isn't Disney to turn their biggest attraction into a synthetic stadium. Plastic geraniums next?