Magic Kingdom's New Hub | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Magic Kingdom's New Hub

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
When will the hub be completed do you think?
It's about 40-45% done now, but that part of the hub required the most reworking and was the most intrusive. The rest of it should move along at a MUCH faster pace than the Plaza Gardens that just opened.

They're still doing the rehab work on the castle from removing the light nets. Also Cinderella's Royal Table is closed for renovation and they are doing some work there as well.

They're still doing the rehab work on the castle from removing the light nets. Also Cinderella's Royal Table is closed for renovation and they are doing some work there as well.

Thanks. I would think they would have reimagined the xmas castle show by now... build some of it into the castle, especially into the high parts.

This hub looks really nice, WAY better than the last hub. Can't wait to hang around it without being surrounded by sweaty old dudes fighting to get a better view of the castle, that's how hate when to disney jail y'know?

Thanks. I would think they would have reimagined the xmas castle show by now... build some of it into the castle, especially into the high parts.
Yeah, I never understood why that all can't just be permanent...I mean, it is March and they are still cleaning up from Christmas

Yeah, I never understood why that all can't just be permanent...I mean, it is March and they are still cleaning up from Christmas
They aren't cleaning up from xmas... the lights re long gone. What they are doing now is just a refurb of the Castle exterior while they have the crane out. It will be gone by the end of next week.

This hub looks really nice, WAY better than the last hub. Can't wait to hang around it without being surrounded by sweaty old dudes fighting to get a better view of the castle, that's how hate when to disney jail y'know?

I visited the new hub yesterday and unless you've got a Fastpass+, that's still gonna happen. I went on a day where most of the rides were 10 minute waits and it still felt crowded even with the new hub area. It is aesthetically pleasing, though. Has the gathering for Wishes always been this mess of people with green sabers hollering and herding people like cattle? Really takes away from what's about to happen, IMO.

I visited the new hub yesterday and unless you've got a Fastpass+, that's still gonna happen. I went on a day where most of the rides were 10 minute waits and it still felt crowded even with the new hub area. It is aesthetically pleasing, though. Has the gathering for Wishes always been this mess of people with green sabers hollering and herding people like cattle? Really takes away from what's about to happen, IMO.

As many times as I've been to MK, and it has to be hundreds, I have NEVER seen the fireworks, NEVER. Is the best way for me to see them to get a reservation at California Grill and watch from there? Because the FP+ thing for fireworks won't happen for me. Any other good spots to see them? Not that I have a Disney visit planned, I don't, just thinking ahead.

Watch from the front of the park (along the edge of the lagoon), watch from the beach at the Polynesian, or from the TTC. The music is piped in to all of those locations so you get the full show without the crowds and hassle of everyone leaving at once and you don't have to camp out for hours to get a good location.

I like watching wishes from the poly b only after seeing it properly at MK. When you're in front of the castle it looks at though the fireworks are right above it but when you watch it from the poly you can tell that the fireworks are nowhere near the castle and it's just not the same.

So the hub wasn't great last week.
It was ok for me as I've been 40+ times but for my fiancee on her first visit I was sad.
Quite a few scrims still up, the whole middle bit with the "partners" statue is boarded and visibly under construction, It was far from ideal but the new bits they have done look great.

So the hub wasn't great last week.
It was ok for me as I've been 40+ times but for my fiancee on her first visit I was sad.
Quite a few scrims still up, the whole middle bit with the "partners" statue is boarded and visibly under construction, It was far from ideal but the new bits they have done look great.

Been that way for weeks now, the only benefit was being able to lean against the wall to watch Wishes. Disappointing for my In Laws who we took over.

No doubt it will help congestion. Using my AP I've checked getting Wished FPs 30 days out and it seems very do-able at the moment