Main Street Electrical Parade Returns | Inside Universal Forums

Main Street Electrical Parade Returns

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Apparently there are rumors going around that MSEP will be making it's way back to Orlando. Back in 1999, the parade returned for a short time until Spectro replaced it again in 2001. I'd be a betting man to say that we may hear something about this tonight at the WDW Press event. Thoughts on the rumor?

From what I've read, it sounds very likely to return. With the Press Event being tonight, I'd say you're right, Briman. Here's more information from WDWMagic.com:
This summer should spark new life into several key entertainment offerings around Walt Disney World. This information is not yet confirmed, so take as speculation at this point, but all being well, and barring any last minute changes, it should be officially confirmed in the next few days.

Perhaps most surprisingly, 'The Main Street Electrical Parade' is set to return for a short run at the Magic Kingdom, while SpectroMagic takes a break. The Main Street Electrical Parade was last in the Magic Kingdom for a farewell performance on April 1 2001.

Wishes will take a break for a few months and is set to be replaced with the very popular and highly rated 'Magic, Music and Mayhem' (including the perimeter fireworks!) that has previously only played during 'Disney's Pirate and Princess Party'.

Also on the cards for the summer is a special finale tag for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth.

We understand there may also be some other surprises to be announced in the next few days, so stay tuned!

I'm really happy to see this coming back! I've always loved this parade since I was a little kid and am really excited for my kids to see it for the first time. Do we know the dates yet? I heard it was just for the summer but any specific dates yet? I'm afraid our seasonal passes will be blocked out during it's run!

Yeah!!! If I'm not mistaken this parade was part of the half time show at one of the superbowls. In my memory it was the best halftime show. It has the Petes Dragon float that I absolutely love.

I Love Spectromagic but lets face it MSEP is a classic ,I was so sad when it left DLP the music always gives me goosebumps.

After seeing the MSEP on YouTube, I must say that I am probably going to put that as my favorite parade over Spectro. The MSEP just looks amazing and I am really excited I will be able to see it this summer!