Main Street Electrical Parade Returns | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Main Street Electrical Parade Returns

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The floats are now unboxed and are being inspected at the parks. Here's an update from WDWMagic:
We reported a few days ago that the Main Street electrical Parade had left Disneyland. It is now at WDW and is currently in the process of being unboxed and inspected. The photo below was taken today and shows some of the floats unpacked just outside Central Shops at Walt Disney World and already being worked on by crews. The parade begins on June 6 2010 as part of Summer Nightastic!

Main-Street-Electrical-Parade_Thumb_10527.jpg

I don't ever remember seing the MSEP when I was younger but I agree with a few that are here, I think the Spectromagic parade is excellent. Its hard not to like some of the nostalgic stuff Disney does especially the nighttime parades.

Now Stitch over AE is another story, but Spectromagic has that old school Disney feel to it whether you like it or not.

Press Release from Disney with new details:
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- When the “Main Street Electrical Parade” returns to Magic Kingdom for a limited engagement this summer, the cherished Disney nighttime spectacle will have a new glow. Tinker Bell will sprinkle her pixie dust to illuminate the classic parade. The parade’s highly recognizable musical theme will be brightened by new technology.

The parade, which normally is featured at Disneyland Resort in California, was last at Walt Disney World Resort from 1999 into 2001. But as it returns to Magic Kingdom to headline “Summer Nightastic!” June 6 through Aug. 14, 2010, “Main Street Electrical Parade” will be showcasing lots of features never before seen – or heard – in Florida.

Tinker Bell leads the procession on an all-new float, and her trail of pixie dust enchants all the parade floats with new beauty along the way. The popular pixie waves from the basket of a balloon floating gracefully above a magical garden shimmering with fairy light.

In addition, enhanced versions of two classic favorites will return to the lineup after a 13-year hiatus – the shimmering diamond mine of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, and the Pleasure Island haunts of Pinocchio.

WHAT: The parade twinkles with approximately half a million lights. Of those, nearly 10,000 are new “pixie dust” lights spread over the 23 parade floats. The new LED lights use one-quarter of the power of incandescent lights. The Tinker Bell float alone has more than 25,000 points of light and 75 percent are powered by an LED source.

WHEN: Nightly beginning Sunday, June 6, and continuing through Saturday, Aug. 14, in Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort.

LIGHTS ON DEMAND: A new control system makes it possible, for the first time, for each light to be programmed individually. One example is the new Tinker Bell float, which has 160 dimmers, by far the most of any parade float, to control the lighting. Programming for this parade took approximately two months.

AN EVEN BETTER HOEDOWN: The unforgettable musical theme of the “Main Street Electrical Parade,” which has inspired several generations of Disneyland Resort guests to clap along, was adapted from a synthesizer piece known as “Baroque Hoedown,” written in 1967 by Gershon Kingsley and Jean-Jaques Perrey. Disney themes are superimposed over the original piece. For “Summer Nightastic!,” the distinctive “electro-sytho-magnetic” “Baroque Hoedown” has new audio technology that gives it a richer, fuller sound.

Annual Passholder Previews Announced, from @kryptonlogic:
June 5th there will be AP previews of the Main Street Electrical Parade and Summer Nightastic Fireworks Spectacular

June 5th Annual Passholders will also get special glasses to view the Summer Nightastic Fireworks Spectacular.

Annual Passholder Previews Announced, from @kryptonlogic:

This is kind of weird though........ it's not an Annual Passholder exclusive preview. Regular park hours are until 11pm that night. It seems that the only edge AP holders get here are the "special viewing glasses" (which will be available for pickup in the Rose Garden between 4pm and 8pm) but the parade/fireworks will still be viewable by everyone. (Times will be: 9pm & 11pm for the parade, 10pm for the fireworks).

The only thing I find weird about that is, why not just call the start date for Summer Nightastic June 5, as opposed to June 6, since it will be accessible by anyone in the park on the 5th?

Today was a media preview event for the MS Electrical Parade. @Attractions has posted several photos on Twitter and will have a full photo/video report later on in the day. Here are the pictures from Twitter:

Electrical Light Parade float! Still says "Disney's" instead of "Main Street". http://twitpic.com/1r9r3f
A look into a whirly bug float for Main Street Electrical Parade. #fb http://twitpic.com/1r9s0m
Pete's Dragon from Main Street Electrical Parade. They use a forklift to get Pete on. http://twitpic.com/1r9ta0

OMG, OMG, OMG. THE 7 DWARFS MINE FLOAT IS BACK! OMG! i think i just died. if i go to Mk today does anybody think i just maybe will be able to see the electrical parade?