Main Street Electrical Parade Returns | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Main Street Electrical Parade Returns

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Main Street Electrical Parade to stay after Summer Nightastic. From Walt Disney World:
Just as scores of you had hoped – we’re leaving the lights on and extending Disney’s “Main Street Electrical Parade” at Walt Disney World. By popular demand, the parade at Magic Kingdom Park will continue an open-ended run when “Summer Nightastic!” ends on August 14.

It’s probably no surprise to hear that the parade has been one of our highest rated entertainment experiences at Magic Kingdom Park since returning in early June. It’s been an “overwhelming success,” according to Park Vice President Phil Holmes. And now, you’ll be able to continue cheering and humming “Baroque Hoedown.”

Of course, new elements of Disney’s “Main Street Electrical Parade” will continue during the encore phase of the run. Those include:

• Tinker Bell leads the eye-filling procession, waving from the basket of a balloon floating gracefully above a magical garden shimmering in fairy light.
• Pinocchio and the boys from the classic film’s Pleasure Island sequence join the parade, and Snow White joins the Seven Dwarfs on a diamond mine float.
• There are new lighting effects, and the parade’s highly recognizable musical theme is brightened by new technology.

anyword on the fireworks show??? i wish i could see it but they have it blocked off for passholders :(

I highly doubt it will stay, since the storyline is heavily Summer-themed --- plus it at least appears to be a very expensive show. I hate to pour salt on the wound, but if you have any way possible of seeing it before it leaves..... do so. It's absolutely amazing. And the only fireworks show I've seen that actually gets applause in the middle of the show (at the pirates attack on the castle.....)

As far as the MSEP being extended, I think that's great news personally. Highly welcomed, IMO, over Spectromagic.

great news that it have been extended, and the little alterations sound as thou it might stay round longer than a few weeks (most probably up to the winter change over).

WOW. I had no idea that the Main Street Electrical Parade was gone for a time. It was there th last time I went which was quite a while ago (2002).
I am SO GLAD that it is back, for me this is one of the MUST SEE parts of any wdw trip and almost my favorite 'attraction'.

I really really really hope it i still going in November, because I dont know that scheduling will allow for moving it up any sooner. :-/

WOW. I had no idea that the Main Street Electrical Parade was gone for a time. It was there th last time I went which was quite a while ago (2002).
I am SO GLAD that it is back, for me this is one of the MUST SEE parts of any wdw trip and almost my favorite 'attraction'.

I really really really hope it i still going in November, because I dont know that scheduling will allow for moving it up any sooner. :-/

Last I heard, it's back "indefinitely". So I would think you are safe for November...

Its pretty sad that were looking forward to old entertainment replacing old entertainment.

Huzzah! Another decades old parade! Just what I've always wanted!

:ack:

As long as the fanboys get all lathered up with those warm and fuzzy feelings as they type how awesome the NEW Spectromagic is (though not new) onto their blogs, then WDW has succeeded in fooling the general public. And that is all that matters in the end. Sadly.