Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Main Street Electrical Parade

What’s the problem with this coming back? I’ve never seen it, but have always been interested in it, especially with the music. And I’m not a parade person.

Guys, my comments on the parade were made in jest. Do I think it should be retired? Yes. But is it better than nothing and is it a Disneyland classic? Also yes.

My bigger issue is that Magic Happens is brand new, ran for only a few months, and is now collecting dust alongside Paint The Night. For what they’re charging for AP’s, all three parades should be running at DLE. PTN at DCA, Magic Happens in the day at DL and MSEP at night.

Funny how everyone complains about MSEP but whenever it’s showing, the park always gets SLAMMED at night. Even though it’s old, I love the MSEP for the music, nostalgia, and appearance of the floats. Although I do dislike how they’ve cut down on the number of floats.

Guys, my comments on the parade were made in jest. Do I think it should be retired? Yes. But is it better than nothing and is it a Disneyland classic? Also yes.

My bigger issue is that Magic Happens is brand new, ran for only a few months, and is now collecting dust alongside Paint The Night. For what they’re charging for AP’s, all three parades should be running at DLE. PTN at DCA, Magic Happens in the day at DL and MSEP at night.

Not even. Only lasted 2 weeks.

AP price doesn't seem to matter to people since keys are selling out and reservations booked all the time regardless of the nighttime show offerings.

The parade comes back on April 22, along with Disneyland Forever.

I like that they are are bringing popular and modern Disney IP into the parade, but at the same time I hate that it’s coming at the expense of the To Honor America float. I’ve always liked that for how grand it looked.

I perfer these new floats to what we had before. Glad they are updating it meaning..it wont die anytime soon..lol

Love the new floats.
I do love that there’s a Small World float as part of the To Honor America replacement, which is perfect imo, because of how politicized the flag has gotten and is now replaced (partially) which is a representation of the world coming together as one.

Ugh, while I hate that they're even still trotting this thing out there at this point in its lifespan, I literally am showing up for a Labor Day Weekend trip the day after it has it's last performance (until the next time they bring it out), so that kinda sucks.

I'm wondering if this parade will make a return to MK after it finishes at Disneyland in a few weeks. It just anecdotal evidence, but I was at MK the other day and they are selling quite a bit of MSEP in the emporium currently and there's a MagicBand+ going on sale August 17th (pictured below) that has the parade go under the "Disney's Electrical Parade" name, which it has only ever run under during it's stint at MK from 2010 to 2016.

Add on to that the fact that they put the money into refurbishing the parade and adding entire new segments and floats. I can see them wanting to get their money's worth and running it somewhere else for more than just a summer. Of course if it did go to WDW, they would inevitably run it into the ground, so there's that.

electrical-light-parade-magicband-plus.jpg

I'll be seeing MSEP (and Disneyland Forever) for potentially the last time on Thursday. Ended up adding an extra day on to the beginning of my Labor Day weekend trip specifically to see both of those. Of course, every time I think it might be the last time, the thing always shows up again. This will be the second time i've seen it since it left WDW in 2016. I last saw it in 2017 when it had a summer run at DL and also saw Disneyland Forever during the 60th Celebration.

WDW is desperately missing the fun an Electrical Parade brings to the park at night, but the park is so crowded anyway that it just doesn't seem like something they see as worth the cost, unfortunately, so our best bet at one very well might be MSEP making another return.