Mako - 2016 SeaWorld Coaster | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Mako - 2016 SeaWorld Coaster

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well they are improving the facilities, just takes longer than erecting a coaster. (Although I don't think it should take til 2019, but that's another discussion)
In their defense, they don't have the capital expenditure to do all of these Orca projects at once. SW Parks are barely hanging on as is.

Thanks for the article, OU. I'll be there next year for this for sure.

I cannot imagine that they will be installing the concrete mounts in that retention pond until winter comes and they can pump it dry. Perhaps there is an option other than that?

I want to get really excited about this BUT... let's not forget Antarctica. I really hope this gets built exactly like it looks but don't get too excited yet!

This is what I love about SeaWorld's new model. They build a new rollercoaster or some other attraction but then completely theme it so it is not just amazing to ride but the area is mesmerizing to look at.

Also, I LOVE how they are going away from areas themed like key west and such and moving to theming that makes it looks like you are INSIDE of the OCEAN (like the new entrance to San Diego and Antarctica to a lesser extent), PERFECT FIT FOR THEM.

The on-board audio can only had to the experience and it goes over the lake while also almost touching the water the water like Manta. GREAT IDEA!! I just hope that like Manta when they go over the pond in the park fountains will spray water to look like it touches it.

Almost last thought, do they ever mention a renovation to the actually indoor Sharks Encounter exhibit and Sharks Underwater Grill. I hope this will happen as those two definitely need it. Hopefully the rumored change of the Grill to the queue area for the ride turns out to not be true because if it was better advertised and got an updated menu it could be really popular again.

Last thought, is the Terrace Restaurant and the Sea Garden a part of this renovation or are they staying the same?

Not really fair to compare the 2. SeaWorld's track record with coasters is pretty stellar. Dark rides... not so much.

True true, I'm a Seaworld fan so being nit picky and poking fun is just my way of showing my support. They don't always do bad with dark rides though. Just look at Curse of DarKastle at Busch Williamsburg.

Eh, I wouldn't worry about this not matching concept art like Antarctica. This looks more in the realm of what they do well, like Kraken and Manta.

Eh, I wouldn't worry about this not matching concept art like Antarctica. This looks more in the realm of what they do well, like Kraken and Manta.
I think more/less, they just don't want this coaster to get off to the rocky start that Cheetah Hunt and Falcon's Fury had (obviously FF isn't a coaster). Both of those were done by Intamin though I believe. They should be in good hands with B&M.

like the facade, I just really don't care about anything else about it lol. Whatever if it helps boosts crowds and adds another attraction to a park without many attractions then its for the best
It may not be blatantly obvious on the surface, but Sea World has more rides than DHS definitely and is pretty close to DAK. The problem is the quality of a few of those rides is a bit lacking.

I was extremely excited for this coaster and even more so now with concept art released. Having ridden Diamondback @ Kings Island, this is going to be a hit, especially with locals who don't get to experience air time coasters much.

It looks like a fun coaster, sure, but the theming is very light and the shark exibit will be the same old little tank in comparison what other ocean parks offer.
Is this going to get the turnstyles turning? How many of the family's that visit Orlando are going to visit the park because of this?
I'd rather Sea World would get better at theming like this:
oceankingdom06.jpg

Chimelong-Ocean-Kingdom-03_M.jpg

I maintain what I said in the previous thread - the layout and transitions look very old-school B&M rather than the modern generation coasters they have been building like Shambhala. Might not be a bad thing though; could make for some interesting forces through those final turns. It does look slightly on the short side for a hyper though.

Regardless, I hope the theming of the entrance and surrounding areas (along with the soundtrack) make it a satisfying overall experience. The aesthetic of the entrance area looks very similar to San Diego's Manta.

It looks like a fun coaster, sure, but the theming is very light and the shark exibit will be the same old little tank in comparison what other ocean parks offer.
Is this going to get the turnstyles turning? How many of the family's that visit Orlando are going to visit the park because of this?
I'd rather Sea World would get better at theming like this:
oceankingdom06.jpg

Chimelong-Ocean-Kingdom-03_M.jpg

I've lived in florida my whole life and went to seaworld once when I when I was around 6ish when they were constructing Atlantis. This coaster will be the one to make me go and probably get an annual pass for this coaster. Florida needs hyper and gigas.

For airtime fans this will be the best coaster in Orlando if not all of Florida.
The sad thing is most Florida theme park goers have never experienced a hyper. I've been on just a few in my lifetime before moving down to Tampa. Bizarro at Six Flags New England and one or two that I can't remember at Six Flags New Jersey.

The last time I was on a hyper was in 2004. All i've had for thrills are what Busch and Sea World provide me lately.

Interesting, no mid course brake run so only two train operations. It really is a smaller version of Nitro in many aspects, so it should be fast and fun!

This looks like a nice, no gimmicks, straight forward airtime machine. A classic out and back done modern theme park style.

It looks like they will be themeing a entire mini-land around this thing. And the thing about lights to make a school of fish when it goes through the boat sounds cool.

Last edited:
This looks like a nice, no gimmicks, straight forward airtime machine. A classic out and back done modern theme park style.

It looks like they will be themeing a entire mini-land around this thing. And the thing about is in lights to make a school of fishnwhen it goes through the boat sounds cool.

Where did you read about schools of fish?