Mako - 2016 SeaWorld Coaster | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Mako - 2016 SeaWorld Coaster

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So I just got back from SeaWorld and Mako was testing all afternoon. It is SO QUIET when it runs! I talked to a friend who knows things and was told today B&M is onsite and signing things off so they will be cycling frequently. Posted a small video of one of the test runs from across the lake on FB (there's a lot of wind noise on my phone because it was very breezy!)

Reactions: upov and WolfmanJ
Yeah, it has been testing constantly the past few days. I have a feeling it's all the OTHER stuff that might hold up any soft openings. They're still hard at work on the queue and other stuff.

That's so cool! The sea turtle artwork he did for the SeaWorld Rescue program is really awesome too.

ded0570c44f0447e9a6364dd6bed731d_160426_seaworld_guyharvey_header.jpg

Was there today, no testing, but they were working on the central lake flyover
flyover. From what I could see they were sanding down those metal pipes sticking out. Also, I think I saw some fencing parts lying there, so probably those will be installed on those pipes. Was funny to see though, since it was odd; workers were on this barge on the water and they actually had two workers in the water who tried to hold it steady. Makes me wonder did they let water in too early, or did the barges to keep it dry not do their job properly?

It's a shame that the "other" stuff is holding up the opening of Mako. The ride itself has been cycling pretty consistently and should be ready to ride any time now (if it's not already). It's just the theme elements, queue, etc. that seem to be unfinished right now.