Mako - 2016 SeaWorld Coaster | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Mako - 2016 SeaWorld Coaster

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wow! That's high! Out of interest, how did you work that out? I don't want to sound nerdy, but is there a formula for throughput?
If a train of 27 riders departs the station every 60 seconds, you do 27×60 which leads to 1680. They often get trains out faster than 60 seconds though, Mako has a fantastic throughput.

Reactions: anihilnation
Fun fact for you all; if Mako's throughput is 1680pph, then it has the exact same throughput as Shambhala at PortAventura, another B&M hyper with an extra row compared to Mako.

USA Today released their Reader's Choice for Best Coaster in America. Mako came in #6. Our local coaster, Phantom's Revenge in Kennywood, came in third place. Following is the complete list:

#1 Superman the Ride, NE
#2 Twisted Colossus, Magic Mt.
#3 Phantom's Revenge, Kennywood
#4 Goliath, Great America
#5 El Toro,Great Adventure
#6 Mako, Sea World Orlando
#7 Phoenix, Knoebels
#8 Outlaw Run, Silver Dollar
#9 Apollo's Chariot, BGW
#10 Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt N
USA Today released their Reader's Choice for Best Coaster in America. Mako came in #6. Our local coaster, Phantom's Revenge in Kennywood, came in third place. Following is the complete list:

#1 Superman
#2 Twisted Colossus
#3 Phantom's Revenge
#4 Goliath
#5 El Toro
#6 Mako
#7 Phoenix
#8 Outlaw Run
#9 Apollo's Chariot
#10 Steel Vengeance
Great to see that Mako is ranked so highly; it's such an insane and fantastic ride, and my current number 1 coaster! However, I am slightly surprised to only see Steel Vengeance at 10th place judging by how those who've ridden it hype it up to be earth-shattering. Also, which Superman and which Goliath was it that featured in this list, out of interest?

Reactions: Mad Dog
Great to see that Mako is ranked so highly; it's such an insane and fantastic ride, and my current number 1 coaster! However, I am slightly surprised to only see Steel Vengeance at 10th place judging by how those who've ridden it hype it up to be earth-shattering. Also, which Superman and which Goliath was it that featured in this list, out of interest?
Superman at 6 Flags NE, Goliath at Great America...I just edited my original post and added the parks .....................Steel Vengeance was probably hindered by it being new, thus limiting the number of people that have experienced it. The poll was 4 weeks long.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt N

#1 Superman the Ride, NE
#7 Phoenix, Knoebels
#9 Apollo's Chariot, BGW
Mako is better than Steel Vengence?

Can anyone confirm? I've ridden neither haha

Amazing after all these years that Superman at SFNE still tops coaster lists. I remember stuffing my shoes as a little kid so I could reach the height requirement to ride. Went back a few years ago for the first time since about 2004 and yeah, it's still pretty great.

Mako is an insanely fun coaster. The best air time machine out there. They nailed the math the big airtime hill after the first turn. Absolutely amazing.

And yes, @Mad Dog PR's big drop into gorge is... memorable.
Mako is great, but it's bigger brother Nitro is better and didn't even make the list.

I still find it hard to believe that it is better than Steel Vengeance...Just from POV's of course
UK Trigg will be riding Steel Vengeance and Mako within a couple of weeks of each other on his September trip. Perhaps he can give us a comparison review....As I said above, Steel Vengeance was probably handicapped in the voting since it's only been around for a couple of months.

#1 Superman the Ride, NE
#7 Phoenix, Knoebels
#9 Apollo's Chariot, BGW

That list is hot garbage.