Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mako - 2016 SeaWorld Coaster

USA Today had a panel of coaster experts list the top 20 coasters. Then the readers of USA Today voted for their best over a 4 week period, choosing from that list....All ratings are subjective, of course.
So no then haha
That seems like an awful way to rate coasters

Let the people vote. Pure democracy. :lol: Damn the elitists.

Problem is the “experts” were only allowed to chose one ride from each park. The rides higher on the list are closer to major metropolitan areas. Example is Phantoms Revenge, it doesn’t make anyone’s top 10 but since it’s close to a major city win USA Today distribution its high on the list.

Actually, the Pittsburgh area is one of the smaller metropolitan population areas in the country. And Kennywood is a park way down the attendance lists and basically only gets it's attendance from a pretty small area. . Most of those other coasters are actually located in parks that are fairly close to large metropolitan areas and get their attendance from those areas. So, I really don't buy your point.

Coaster rankings are so subjective. There are many people who would say Big Thunder is better than any of those on the list simply because it has theme and story. There are people who love the roughest wooden coasters because they think that's what the experience should be.

Mako is a great coaster, but so are so many coasters now days. In the old days (70's/80's) good coasters were few and far between. Now they're commonplace with the advances in design.

Coaster rankings are so subjective. There are many people who would say Big Thunder is better than any of those on the list simply because it has theme and story. There are people who love the roughest wooden coasters because they think that's what the experience should be.

Mako is a great coaster, but so are so many coasters now days. In the old days (70's/80's) good coasters were few and far between. Now they're commonplace with the advances in design.
Great points...Yes, it's all subjective.

USA Today released their Reader's Choice for Best Coaster in America. Mako came in #6. Our local coaster, Phantom's Revenge in Kennywood, came in third place. Following is the complete list:

#1 Superman the Ride, NE
#2 Twisted Colossus, Magic Mt.
#3 Phantom's Revenge, Kennywood
#4 Goliath, Great America
#5 El Toro,Great Adventure
#6 Mako, Sea World Orlando
#7 Phoenix, Knoebels
#8 Outlaw Run, Silver Dollar
#9 Apollo's Chariot, BGW
#10 Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point

No.

Mako is better than Steel Vengence?

Can anyone confirm? I've ridden neither haha

Steel Vengeance comes out on top of this poorly made list. Fury 325, Millennium Force & Intimidator 305 aren't even there. Maverick is missing too. Mako I agree is deserving and happens to be my #6.

Here is my current top 10:

1 Steel Vengeance
2 Fury 325
3 Maverick
4 Millennium Force
5 Storm Chaser
6 Mako
7 Diamondback
8 Kraken
9 Montu
10 Banshee

That list is hot garbage.
I completely agree.

Question, if i can ride gringotts and mummy will my legs fit on mako??

Got room for days.

20160216_MakoRideVehicleReveal_086.jpg

Yeah, those are the same type as Diamondback has, and theres tons of room for legs, both length and girth. It rotates in from the pivot point at the floor, so it has a wide range of motion.

Yeah, those are the same type as Diamondback has, and theres tons of room for legs, both length and girth. It rotates in from the pivot point at the floor, so it has a wide range of motion.
Thanks ill buy my ticket now