Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mardi Gras 2015

Feb 1, 2008
Sanford, FL
Hey!

So, I know we are still going through the Holidays at UO, but I was wondering what kind of artist lineup we all want to see/could see at next year's Mardi Gras? I'm hoping for a more variety of country and rock this year than rap, IMO. I'm also digging the break from KC.

Personally, I'd love to see Cyndi Lauper, Wynonna, and Pat Benatar make returns to MG next year.

Thoughts?

I think we had the first acts announced sometime in December of last year, but I could be wrong. It does seem a little late to not have announced anything.

I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of One Direction.

I'm hoping for Pentatonix. They'll be in the area performing at Busch Gardens during that time-frame.

I think we had the first acts announced sometime in December of last year, but I could be wrong. It does seem a little late to not have announced anything.

I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of One Direction.

I noticed Universal got rid of the May dates for Mardi Gras. If they bring back SCS I can see them returning then, Mardi Gras would be way too packed for 1D to be handled.

I noticed Universal got rid of the May dates for Mardi Gras. If they bring back SCS I can see them returning then, Mardi Gras would be way too packed for 1D to be handled.

Oh thank god we don't have 6 months of Mardi Gras this year!

My dream of seeing Bette Midler perform at Mardi Gras will probably never happen, but I can dream. She does have a new album out.

I wish they would announce earlier. I have already bought tickets for shows in the upcoming months. I hope there is not a Mardi Gras show I really want to see, but I already have other plans.

Universal needs a mad T party like nighttime rave near rockit anyways, would clash it's tackiness and sell a ton of glowsticks

Eh, they can leave the teen dance parties in CityWalk.

The only act I see scheduled is Grady Champion on 2/21. But I'm guessing they're not a headliner and more of a sideband?

The only act I see scheduled is Grady Champion on 2/21. But I'm guessing they're not a headliner and more of a sideband?

Yeah, sounds like an afternoon side stage artist--glad to see those are back, tho. A lo\t of times enjoy them more than the main act.

Surprised nothing has leaked from a band website by this point. Official announcement is always kind of late, but usually Screamscape or someone catches a hint by now.

I'm sure they're still getting acts. This year could hsve a bigger budget thanks to the fact there isn't a ride coming out. Here's to nickleback!!!!

Definitely odd this year as we usually have one or 2 acts already announced to get the hype train going. We're a month away from the 1st weekend, I'd expect an announcement in the next week.