Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mardi Gras 2016

Maybe Mardi Gras just isn't my thing but I can't see that doing well as a separately ticket event, it's just a parade and a concert. At that point I guess they're basically selling concert tickets.

I agree. Don't know how well it will do if that's the route, but it seems this all attempts at crowd-control.

Yup. That is the rumor. Obviously an "attempt" at crowd-control. Remember when we discussed the importance of FFP holders? :lol:
From a crowd control aspect I think it could be ideal if it's free for AP holders until 7 and the free for FL residents after 8 or 9. That 8PM time period is when it gets real crazy.

Mardi Gras a hard-ticket event? Can't they just go back to getting some less relevant acts again? They don't need Taylor Swift and the Stones.

Mardi Gras as a hard ticket event I think will lose some appeal for having an AP pass. Prior to kids this was one of the way I got DH to agree to a Uni pass was all the free concerts we could go to. I think you start limiting stuff like this and it could hurt AP sales. Also, free parking should be free parking. Stopping it on certain nights after a certain period of time could get pretty confusing and cause it to slow things down. I mean you pull up, assume you get free parking, and then all the sudden you don't. Then you may not want to pay and how do you turn around? Just gets really confusing.

Mardi Gras a hard-ticket event? Can't they just go back to getting some less relevant acts again? They don't need Taylor Swift and the Stones.

Totally, the FOB night also showed that the performance area they currently use is in no way suitable for acts of that clear popularity to use as a ticketed event.

Remember when you guys complained about the musical acts they got for Mardi Gras and thought the line-up was by and large "meh"; for what technically is a "free" concert (assuming most of you have AP's.)

Can't have your cake and eat it too, guys.

I never complained about the line up :) Free is free to me. I don't complain about the Sea World bands either. Again, free is free. I really enjoy the Mardi Gras atmosphere and parade. It would be a very sad day if this went to a paid event. I wouldn't pay for it since we don't stay for the whole concert. It would never be worth the money for us. We watch the parade, get food, listen to music, and leave.

There's two sides to it in my mind. Yeah, it would be a shame to lose a "free" event, but I'm intrigued by what they may add to it in the process of creating a hard ticket event.

I never complained about the line up :) Free is free to me. I don't complain about the Sea World bands either. Again, free is free. I really enjoy the Mardi Gras atmosphere and parade. It would be a very sad day if this went to a paid event. I wouldn't pay for it since we don't stay for the whole concert. It would never be worth the money for us. We watch the parade, get food, listen to music, and leave.
I totally agree