1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Mardi Gras 2016

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando Events' started by DisneyFanKevin, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Legolas813

Legolas813 Rookie

First time I've seen at capacity.

Attached Files:

2. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

I agree. Don't know how well it will do if that's the route, but it seems this all attempts at crowd-control.

3. s8film40

s8film40 Veteran Member

From a crowd control aspect I think it could be ideal if it's free for AP holders until 7 and the free for FL residents after 8 or 9. That 8PM time period is when it gets real crazy.

4. UNIrd

UNIrd Premium Member

Mardi Gras a hard-ticket event? Can't they just go back to getting some less relevant acts again? They don't need Taylor Swift and the Stones.

amityboattours likes this.
  5. IzzyB

IzzyB Premium Member

Mardi Gras as a hard ticket event I think will lose some appeal for having an AP pass. Prior to kids this was one of the way I got DH to agree to a Uni pass was all the free concerts we could go to. I think you start limiting stuff like this and it could hurt AP sales. Also, free parking should be free parking. Stopping it on certain nights after a certain period of time could get pretty confusing and cause it to slow things down. I mean you pull up, assume you get free parking, and then all the sudden you don't. Then you may not want to pay and how do you turn around? Just gets really confusing.

amityboattours likes this.
  6. amityboattours

amityboattours Premium Member

Totally, the FOB night also showed that the performance area they currently use is in no way suitable for acts of that clear popularity to use as a ticketed event.

7. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

Remember when you guys complained about the musical acts they got for Mardi Gras and thought the line-up was by and large "meh"; for what technically is a "free" concert (assuming most of you have AP's.)

Can't have your cake and eat it too, guys.

SeventyOne, maxairmike and MrRoamer like this.
  8. IzzyB

IzzyB Premium Member

I never complained about the line up :) Free is free to me. I don't complain about the Sea World bands either. Again, free is free. I really enjoy the Mardi Gras atmosphere and parade. It would be a very sad day if this went to a paid event. I wouldn't pay for it since we don't stay for the whole concert. It would never be worth the money for us. We watch the parade, get food, listen to music, and leave.

Brian G. likes this.
  9. *Q*

*Q* Member

There's two sides to it in my mind. Yeah, it would be a shame to lose a "free" event, but I'm intrigued by what they may add to it in the process of creating a hard ticket event.

10. agentj

agentj Rookie

I totally agree