Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mardi Gras 2020

I will go going to UO the first week in February. I remember hearing there is a way to reserve a spot on one of the floats to throw beads. Can anyone give me more info on this? Do you have to wait in line for a long time to reserve your spot? It would be fun to do but i wouldn't want to take too much time away from rides to do it... I heard there is a place to meet around barney???

I will go going to UO the first week in February. I remember hearing there is a way to reserve a spot on one of the floats to throw beads. Can anyone give me more info on this? Do you have to wait in line for a long time to reserve your spot? It would be fun to do but i wouldn't want to take too much time away from rides to do it... I heard there is a place to meet around barney???

Passholder Reservations haven't opened yet. If you're not one or have to wait till the day of, you can wait in KidZone near Barney. During slower nights, you should be good and not have to wait early; but on busier nights, spots are not guaranteed and you may have to wait 30-60 min. On extremely busy nights, it may be even longer than that.

Passholder Reservations haven't opened yet. If you're not one or have to wait till the day of, you can wait in KidZone near Barney. During slower nights, you should be good and not have to wait early; but on busier nights, spots are not guaranteed and you may have to wait 30-60 min. On extremely busy nights, it may be even longer than that.

Thanks for the info Brian!

Is there a specific booth or building to go to reserve a spot? When Can I go to reserve? first thing in the morning when the park opens?

My sweet brother gave me an earlier birthday present. 2 tickets for Universal Meet UP on Feb 29th. Unfortunately, it was a surprise and I am unable to use them. We have talked to Admin for the event and I can sale them (this event will sale out) If interested, PM me. Cost is $375.00. My brother said, its one of the best events he has ever attended.

Oh man, reallyyy hoping to make it for Mardi Gras this year, everything looks tremendous! Mardi Gras is when we always visited Universal as a kid, brings back tons of awesome memories :)

On Wednesday, Universal invited Inside Universal for a sneak peek of this year's event - previewing some of the new floats for this year's parade, along with food, drink, and merchandise.

On Wednesday, Universal invited Inside Universal for a sneak peek of this year's event - previewing some of the new floats for this year's parade, along with food, drink, and merchandise.

The food looks fantastic, and the darker aesthetics for Mardi Gras go together like "peanut butter and chocolate" as Mike Aiello said on Twitter

Bead throwing opportunities will use Virtual Queue this year. Times open a few hours prior to parade time (no specifics) through the Universal Orlando app.

That’s... weird. Can’t say that I am a fan. How do people even know when it goes live? It just seems like a big gamble. It was nice to be able to just show up early and all but guarantee a spot. Plus, aren’t most stand-by float rider spots given from no-shows and leftover bands.

Also of note, it looks like Animal Actors is the new congregating point, according to the app.