Mardi Gras 2020 | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Mardi Gras 2020

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
LIVE is great Live! I saw them last year and Ed's solo tour another time. Even got him to sign my Throwing Copper cd. They do a legit rendition of Losing my religion. I enjoy all sorts of music. Alternative, Miami freestyle, pop, rap, edm, ect. I think the Bell Biv Devoe concert would be fun to attend. My parents have seen Diana Ross and Earth wind & fire many times. You know who would be good at this event? Lionel Ritchie. I saw him last year and he brought down the house. I knew his 80s songs but had know he was in the Commodores and sang Brick House. People lost their minds.
I've attended the Mardi Gras event once and we saw The Fray. So good. I'd see them again if they came back. One of us was sick and couldnt go last year to see Pitbull.

Reactions: GAcoaster
This line up seem pretty diverse. What kind of music do you like?

My tastes are pretty obscure, so I get it. The Roots and Marshmello are about the only ones I am interested in. The Roots, mostly out of curiosity. Interesting fact, REO Speedwagon were my first rock concert way back in 1976.

My tastes are more towards the heavier rock/metal so I know I'm never going to be a target audience for these concerts and I'm okay with that.

No! It's just T-Boz and Chili performing and usually they dance during Left Eye's raps.
I use to love their music videos.

Looking over the Mardi Gras menu and I would want to try their
Raspberry Rosemary Mimosa.

Last edited:
Ya, FOB crowd was NUTS. I didn't care enough because it was my first time seeing FOB, but ya that was ROUGH. It felt like the park was at capacity almost.
It was at capacity. According to my supervisor, it was the first time they had to shut down the Hogwarts Express early because USF was literally out of room. (I was working crowd control and got yelled at. A lot. It was so bad I volunteered to empty trash cans instead!)

It was at capacity. According to my supervisor, it was the first time they had to shut down the Hogwarts Express early because USF was literally out of room. (I was working crowd control and got yelled at. A lot. It was so bad I volunteered to empty trash cans instead!)
I dont blame you!!! Never seen that many people at Universal before haha. How often do the concerts put USF at capacity? More of an every once in awhile thing?

Clarkson was definitely capacity. *shudders*

I think Jason DeRulo came close, too.
Was it park capacity or was it just that there was so many people packed into one place? It’s tough to tell with these concerts sometimes.

A little heavy on the Country music. But at least I finally got some EDM.

Diana Ross is also pretty surprising.

This is probably the strongest line-up ever for Mardi Gras.

Beats the crap out of the Eat to the Beat line-up.
I dunno about that last bit. There is a higher percentage of acts _I_ would like to see at F/G, but then I am an old man with a Coachella age of 84.

Looks like a good lineup! I'd even go for the Roots. I really want N*E*R*D here one year, especially given Pharrell Williams already has a presence in the parks and properties (Despicable Me, Rip Ride Rockit, Illumination).

I dont blame you!!! Never seen that many people at Universal before haha. How often do the concerts put USF at capacity? More of an every once in awhile thing?
I know they have closed the front gate a few times, but the train always ran. I think that's what caught all these people off guard - they figured the last minute they could train over even if USF says "at capacity". We actually closed 45 minutes before the park. My supervisor said that had never happened before.

Beats the crap out of the Eat to the Beat line-up.
When has Eat to the Beat ever even tried to get a line-up to match the caliber of what Mardi Gras gets, though? :lol:

The bands are just there to bring back the AP F&W addicts and hopefully draw a few supplemental guests who may have chosen a different park otherwise.

Basically, the bands at F&W are just atmosphere while you eat and drink whereas at Mardi Gras, the artists are the main attraction. Although with moving the event to being daily a few years ago and adding a lot more food tents last year, this event could easily survive on it's own now as Universal's version of F&W if they really wanted.

When has Eat to the Beat ever even tried to get a line-up to match the caliber of what Mardi Gras gets, though? :lol:

The bands are just there to bring back the AP F&W addicts and hopefully draw a few supplemental guests who may have chosen a different park otherwise.

Basically, the bands at F&W are just atmosphere while you eat and drink whereas at Mardi Gras, the artists are the main attraction. Although with moving the event to being daily a few years ago and adding a lot more food tents last year, this event could easily survive on it's own now as Universal's version of F&W if they really wanted.

Better work on the food if they wanna do that

It's not like F&W stuff is incredible. It's certainly more varied in options, but i'd have a hard time saying if the quality is better or not.
I don't know about quality, but I know which I'd rather have.