Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mary Poppins Attraction - UK Pavilion

I think certain projects are being delayed or paused, but so far not sure anything has been canceled. I think they’re interested in helping each fiscal quarter look good and making up for losses from closed parks, but hopefully once they reopen in Asia they can resume everything that was put on hold. Hopefully.

And this wasn’t one I’ve seen rumored to be paused. Just Marvel phase 2 and future Galaxy’s Edge additions are the only things rumored to be on hold currently.
Rumor from Magic insiders: A meeting at WDW tomorrow to discuss potential cuts, postponements, etc.

From what I’ve heard as late as this last Thanksgiving this still sounded like it was planned. Obviously things may have changed but I don’t think it was ever going to be anything too elaborate, so construction not starting isn’t a worry of mine.

I may be misspoken, but they never gave a date for this correct? If it’s 2022 they could easily start construction in the summer/fall once Rat is all finished and just move some workers over. Although this is likely an easy cut as others have mentioned.

Who knows, maybe this will be the Magic Kingdom theatre of the 2019 D23

Supposedly this ride got all the way downgraded to a tea cup ride with no projections before everything hit the fan and this project likely got cancelled. Tbh, the money is better off being reallocated elsewhere, especially since it was going to cost somewhere around $80M.

This project was always going to be a disappointment.

Supposedly this ride got all the way downgraded to a tea cup ride with no projections before everything hit the fan and this project likely got cancelled. Tbh, the money is better off being reallocated elsewhere, especially since it was going to cost somewhere around $80M.

If they weren't gonna commit to it, then why bring out Dick Van Dyke at D23?

Then again...they did give the CEO of Target five minutes to talk about some barely themed merchandise nooks in Target stores, so what do I know...

An $80M teacup ride??????

Wouldn't that mean that two teacup rides equals one Diagon Alley?!

Themeparx gives us a good idea of how this would’ve been.

It isn’t my first choice whatsoever, but I wish it happened! Seems cute and Epcot could use any ride. I also love Poppins so much so I’m a little biased, but they should’ve made this! I accept not everything is going to get a proper dark ride so this seemed like a fair trade.

$100m tea cups. Jfc

Okay I forgot the price lol.

I’d pray though, this would have amazing special effecta. Maybe some wild projection mapping to make the characters feel like they’re next to you like they are in the films when they enter the cartoon?

This looks like it would have held up fans' expectations and could have become a beloved Disney unique attraction for years to come...

Borat Not GIFs | Tenor

Well, I'm glad that didn't get built!

I'm not totally opposed to an A or B-ticket type ride in Epcot, but to almost literally just copy and paste the teacups into that space would have been an insulting way to get MARY POPPINS -- possibly Walt Disney's greatest achievement on film -- into Epcot. That's a film that deserves more than a reheated flat ride concept.