Mary Poppins Attraction - UK Pavilion | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Mary Poppins Attraction - UK Pavilion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Okay I forgot the price lol.

I’d pray though, this would have amazing special effecta. Maybe some wild projection mapping to make the characters feel like they’re next to you like they are in the films when they enter the cartoon?
I just watched the latest MickeyViews video and he made a great point about why the projection part was cut. On a spinning ride, guests need static props to concentrate on or else they become sick. It does make sense.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Looks similar to the experience provided in Tokyo’s BATB ride, spinning around in a room to song whilst effects go off in the periphery. NGL I got a bit nauseous on BATB from the constant tilting and spins.

You know, with that kind of space that was shown, they could’ve made a nice small C-ticket Fantasyland-style dark ride. But no, let’s use that space for an indoor tea cup ride with TWO preshows.

Logic: 100
Hopefully they return to the idea of a ride in this space someday, but actually take full advantage of the limited space they have. I know I probably sound like i'm on drugs here, but with the reorganization at WDI, one can hope. :lol:

Last edited:
Hopefully they return to the idea of a ride in this space someday, but actually take full advantage of the limited space they have. I know I probably sound like i'm on drugs here, but with the reorganization at WDI, one can hope. :lol:

I keep saying it time and time and time again - make it an outdoor covered carousel with the horses, organs, and murals inspired by the Poppins movies. It adds energy and music to the back of the pavilion, drawing people in.

Ho

That is a hope which I share as well. I also hope that they read some of the blowback to the leaked idea and put something better in line. As others have said, it's actually better to have not spent the money building this than to add such an underwhelming ride.

That is a hope which I share as well. I also hope that they read some of the blowback to the leaked idea and put something better in line. As others have said, it's actually better to have not spent the money building this than to add such an underwhelming ride.
Yup. This and Play were actually good cuts by Chapek or D'amaro (whoever had to cut funding). Now time to use the two plots to actually build something worthwhile on. Espcially the Wonders plot. It's been sitting there since it went seasonal in 2001 with pretty much no purpose in the park. At this point, putting something big there world practically be a park expansion. I'm still all for a Baymax Health Pavilion.

Yup. This and Play were actually good cuts by Chapek or D'amaro (whoever had to cut funding). Now time to use the two plots to actually build something worthwhile on. Espcially the Wonders plot. It's been sitting there since it went seasonal in 2001 with pretty much no purpose in the park. At this point, putting something big there world practically be a park expansion. I'm still all for a Baymax Health Pavilion.
(Chapek budget cuts a promising attraction)

(Chapek walks out of the room)

(Chapek walks back into the room)

Chapek: Huh, who approved this outrageous attraction! 80 million for a teacup ride? Absurd! Cancel this project immediately! I'll have to talk to whoever allowed this to happen....

I do like the idea of an indoor pavilion with a Mary Poppins Meet and Greet and the teacups

This would need to be a bit more open

The pre-show is a bit overkill

Reactions: frank_1991_
I’m not saying this is truly what I wanted but I honestly don’t think a Enchanted Tales with Mary and Bert and at the end we spin around in tea cups singing Supercalifragilicuoisexpealidociius (I tried), would be a blast!

Epcot needs just one or two more dark rides imo, and especially in world showcase. Epcot is mostly just for dining rn it feels.

I’m not saying this is truly what I wanted but I honestly don’t think a Enchanted Tales with Mary and Bert and at the end we spin around in tea cups singing Supercalifragilicuoisexpealidociius (I tried), would be a blast!

Epcot needs just one or two more dark rides imo, and especially in world showcase. Epcot is mostly just for dining rn it feels.
It wouldn't have been bad for $25M or so. But if they are spending $100M on something, I expect a dark ride. The Little Mermaid ride in New Fantasyland only cost $100M or so.

What I don't get is how every major insider thought this was a carousel. Perhaps being told wrong info on purpose?

EDIT:
May have answered my own question with my original post in this thread from 2017. In the post, I mention about how Marni from on WDWMagic hinted that at the time they were choosing between "2 to 3 ride systems". This post also gives us the sad news that they passed on a busbar Brave attraction for a Poppins teacup attraction. I get a teacup ride could be popular in WS. But With the Space allotted, a busbar attraction seems far more suiting of the space, even if Brave isn't nearly as beloved.

I figured it's time enough to finally make a thread for this. Probably was long ago.

Anyway, for those that haven't been following along, @Marni1971 has hinted that they are back to where we all thought they would be for this - Mary Poppins. Most recent rumor is that there is 2 to 3 ride systems they are choosing from.

According to Martin himself, the Brave attraction when it was still on was supposed to be a busbar type classic dark ride. So don't expect anything amazing, but not everything needs to be. Some smaller, quaint rides are good for rounding out every park.

Last edited:
Reactions: SkiBum
It wouldn't have been bad for $25M or so. But if they are spending $100M on something, I expect a dark ride. The Little Mermaid ride in New Fantasyland only cost $100M or so.

What I don't get is how every major insider thought this was a carousel. Perhaps being told wrong info on purpose?

EDIT:
May have answered my own question with my original post in this thread from 2017. In the post, I mention about how Marni from on WDWMagic hinted that at the time they were choosing between "2 to 3 ride systems". This post also gives us the sad news that they passed on a busbar Brave attraction for a Poppins teacup attraction. I get a teacup ride could be popular in WS. But With the Space allotted, a busbar attraction seems far more suiting of the space, even if Brave isn't nearly as beloved.
When I had a Disney source he also believed it was a carousel or a “new concept” carousel lol. This is interesting though. It’s not my $100 million to spend so I don’t care too much, but make the Little Mermaid ride a more interactive and personal experience and it isn’t the worst way to spend money. I’d have to assume they do step in time dance parades too so maybe this included the cost of how many more performers they’ll need in Epcot now.

I’m not championing this idea but it’d be a unique fit in Epcot.

When I had a Disney source he also believed it was a carousel or a “new concept” carousel lol. This is interesting though. It’s not my $100 million to spend so I don’t care too much, but make the Little Mermaid ride a more interactive and personal experience and it isn’t the worst way to spend money. I’d have to assume they do step in time dance parades too so maybe this included the cost of how many more performers they’ll need in Epcot now.

I’m not championing this idea but it’d be a unique fit in Epcot.
It's not my $100M either, but it's also not every day Disney throws $100M at a ride in World Showcase and if they are going to spend that much i'd kinda rather it be spent right rather than a repeat of Enchanted Tales. I'm glad it didn't happen.

It's not my $100M either, but it's also not every day Disney throws $100M at a ride in World Showcase and if they are going to spend that much i'd kinda rather it be spent right rather than a repeat of Enchanted Tales.
That’s where the tea cups make it a game changer!!!

I don’t disagree though.

It's not my $100M either, but it's also not every day Disney throws $100M at a ride in World Showcase and if they are going to spend that much i'd kinda rather it be spent right rather than a repeat of Enchanted Tales. I'm glad it didn't happen.

A nice "Holly Jolly Ride with Mary" dark ride, targeting four to five minutes in length and capacity of 1,500 pph would work. The ride would focus on just the animated scenes and the type could use Pooh's (WDW MK) ride system and the cars could "buck" a little or provide the motion of horse. It wouldn't need high tech animatronics and, yes, it could use screens along with some projections. It would e a "C" or "D" ticket ride and would not need to be overengineered. Keep that budget under control but don't cut it because someone wants to add a $25M animatronic. The exterior could be Cherry Tree Lane with a fountain but it wouldn't need to blow the budget with fake rockwork.

Just a fun little ride that gives something to do on that side. Of course, I also argue that adding a boat ride targeting 5-6 minutes and nice capacity in Germany would be nice. No IP on that one but just find some German folklore for the Black Forest or other areas.

Reactions: belloq87
Who are these Imagineers that keep coming up with this recent streak of such bad ideas that get greenlit & built, or get greenlit then cancelled.?..Harmonious barges, AK night shows, Poppins tea cups, Star Wars hotel/experience, SpiderMan at DCA, Play Pavilion, Kite lagoon shows. Surely, there's some people that don't belong in, or understand, the business.

Last edited:
Who are these Imagineers that keep coming up with this recent streak of such bad ideas that get greenlit & built, or get greenlit then cancelled.?..Harmonious barges, AK night shows, Poppins tea cups, Star Wars hotel/experience, SpiderMan at DCA, Play Pavilion, Kite lagoon shows. Surely, there's some people that don't belong in, or understand, the business.
I actually quite like Spider-Man at DCA, it's fun for what it is and using the single rider line can get you on extremely quick. It's no comparison to the IOA ride obviously. Of course they are two totally separate rides and the DCA ride isn't trying to be like the IOA ride. It's definitely much more TSMM, but in a different way. The ride wouldn't be nearly as criticized if the Avengers E-ticket had opened alongside it.

It's like SWGE. Smuggler's Run was criticized at first because both lands opened without Rise and Smuggler's Run was the only attraction. Once Rise opened, everyone stopped saying anything about Smugglers Run because it fills it's role as the land's side show, not the main attraction that Rise is.

When you look at Avengers Campus, Avengers will be the anchor ride, Mission Breakout will be a solid secondary E-ticket (even though the ride itself has been in the park since 2007), and Web Slingers is the third ride in the land that rounds it out. Had this whole land opened all at once instead of bit by bit starting in 2017 with GotG, then 2021 with Avengers Campus as a whole and now we're in 2023 and construction still hasn't even begun on the Avengers ride. Because the opening of it all has been so spread out, it seems a lot more underwhelming.

For what it's worth though, i'm glad they're taking their time on the Avengers ride though. They know that this ride needs to impress people and that the pressure is on and it's also a ride that isn't only going to DCA, but also to WDSP and to HKDL.

Last edited: