Mary Poppins Attraction - UK Pavilion | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Mary Poppins Attraction - UK Pavilion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The was a Poppins "carousel" dark ride that Tony Baxter designed way back in the 70's or 80's with a really unique ride system which I believe might be what @shiekra38 is talking about. Something in this space would not be anywhere near that elaborate though. There isn't enough space.

It's all very tight lipped and i'm sure a carousel is one of the proposals, but there are also forms of dark rides being considered too. Brave was to be be a dark ride. With the change of IP, it's unknown if the ride system will remain as it was.
Yep that was the one I was thinking about, wasn't sure about space available

Reactions: Nick
Yep that was the one I was thinking about, wasn't sure about space available
Well, there would be space, except the Millennium Village tent takes up a lot of potential expansion space and it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Well, there would be space, except the Millennium Village tent takes up a lot of potential expansion space and it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Would it really be that costly or inconvenient to move it?

Other than that they seem to have chosen Poppins... all quiet on the western front.

Worth noting that this is something I believe Martin has said isn't scheduled to open until after Ratatouille, so they aren't necessarily in a rush. Especially if it's a small build.

Given that two major attractions are coming to Epcot, I can't see Disney rushing along either.

If by some miracle, this, Ratatouille, GOTG, Space restaurant, Brazil and a Coco ride get built in the next 3 years, Epcot would be in amazing shape for the 50th.

Would it really be that costly or inconvenient to move it?
Techincally it's "Temporary", but they're taking steps to making it more permanent. The building is HUGE and is used a lot for private events and has rather large kitchens in there. It's not something that can simply be moved at this point.

Given that two major attractions are coming to Epcot, I can't see Disney rushing along either.

If by some miracle, this, Ratatouille, GOTG, Space restaurant, Brazil and a Coco ride get built in the next 3 years, Epcot would be in amazing shape for the 50th.
Rat, GOTG, Space restaurant (work on this should begin soon... they are reusing the old HP Lounge as the lobby for the restaurant) will definitely be done by the 50th. Coco should if it happens, it just seems like that's in more limbo than it was a few months ago. New version of Illuminations is happening, I think it should be before the 50th... i've heard as soon as 2019, but the revamped Illuminations has been pushed back many times so i'm not placing a timeline on it.

Brazil will NOT be done for the 50th. It is aimed at being done for Epcot's 40th, which is 2022.

They chose the higher budget Poppins when they back burnered Coco.
I'm actually really excited that they would go this route considering Coco is just an overlay of an existing attraction anyway.

Slightly less "small scale" now.
Is this something more along the lines of a busbar ride like Pooh, an omnimover, or neither? Maybe something more advanced?

I'm actually really excited that they would go this route considering Coco is just an overlay of an existing attraction anyway.

Is this something more along the lines of a busbar ride like Pooh, an omnimover, or neither? Maybe something more advanced?
Don't know. Was only told that the budget for the UK attraction increased when they shelved Coco.

Reactions: Mad Dog
They chose the higher budget Poppins when they back burnered Coco.

At least that is my understanding.

A shame about Coco, really, great movie and I wouldn't mind it going into Epcot but it didn't do great domestic numbers (it just reached $200 mil), the merch didn't sell too hot so I bet they're waiting to see about home video.

I'm going to bet that Poppins will still be a bit fluid until the numbers for the new one comes in. If it's a billion-dollar grosser, I think it'll be Emily Blunt over Julie Andrews.

A shame about Coco, really, great movie and I wouldn't mind it going into Epcot but it didn't do great domestic numbers (it just reached $200 mil), the merch didn't sell too hot so I bet they're waiting to see about home video.

I'm going to bet that Poppins will still be a bit fluid until the numbers for the new one comes in. If it's a billion-dollar grosser, I think it'll be Emily Blunt over Julie Andrews.

The other real problem with Coco is the Mexico pavilion. If they did put a relatively popular attraction in there, the pavilion would be unusable in its current state. You'd have to redesign traffic flow in and out. Even if they did just a basic overlay it would be a madhouse for a while with that tiny queue and cramped entrance.

Much better to be using expansion space.

The other real problem with Coco is the Mexico pavilion. If they did put a relatively popular attraction in there, the pavilion would be unusable in its current state. You'd have to redesign traffic flow in and out. Even if they did just a basic overlay it would be a madhouse for a while with that tiny queue and cramped entrance.

Much better to be using expansion space.
Yes, that pavilion is one of the strengths of World showcase. I'm glad everything is in limbo. I actually enjoy the existing ride, though some of the Donald scenes are a bit sparse. And it improved with the introduction of the three AA's . I ride it anytime I'm at Epcot. And I really enjoy the ambiance of the shops inside the pavilion.

It's worth noting that as late as March 2017, Ratatouille still hadn't been decided on because the other option was Tokyo's new BatB ride that they're getting. Both BatB and Rat were clones and BatB ended up being the second highest grossing movie of the year and over $500M domestic.

They still chose Rat.

It's worth noting that as late as March 2017, Ratatouille still hadn't been decided on because the other option was Tokyo's new BatB ride that they're getting. Both BatB and Rat were clones and BatB ended up being the second highest grossing movie of the year and over $500M domestic.

They still chose Rat.
I miss the Disney where we got both