Mega Movie Parade | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Mega Movie Parade

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hmmm. Interesting.

I didn’t see it in person, on a stream. Overall a solid concept, but looks like it needs more work (kinda like a HHN house on opening night!)

Slightly disappointed in float design though. Any Disney parade tops this with beauty. BTTF and Jaws stand out here, others not so much.

*I like how they have a Gyro Sphere and then a Jurassic Park jeep on the T-Rex float

Last edited:
Reactions: TheUniC6 and Nico
Just watched it live on Orlando Informer. Pretty good parade. Light years better than the former parade. After just being at WDW, I'd say its on a par with the MK day Parade. But, not as good as Macy's/Universal or Mardi Gras or that Osaka night parade they had a few years sago. I'm sure the cast performances will get better after some run throughs. A little more cast enthusiasm would help....The float order follows. Took the Macy's direction...
Mega Movie float
BTTF
Sing
Minions
Panda
Trolls
Ghostbusters
ET
Jaws
Jurassic...my fav.. excellent Dino AA roaring over a destroyed Jeep....Kudos to the Entertainment team that put this together

Last edited:
Just watched it live on Orlando Informer. Pretty good parade. Light years better than the former parade. After just being at WDW, I'd say its on a par with the MK day Parade. But, not as good as Macy's/Universal or Mardi Gras or that Osaka night parade they had a few years sago. I'm sure the cast performances will get better after some run throughs. A little more cast enthusiasm would help....The float order follows. Took the Macy's direction...
Mega Movie float
BTTF
Sing
Minions
Panda
Trolls
Ghostbusters
ET
Jaws
Jurassic...my fav.. excellent Dino AA roaring over a destroyed Jeep....Kudos to the Entertainment team that put this together
Yea the enthusiasm wasn’t really there as I would like it to be. Seemed kinda like a rush job which I know the weather was a delay.

Reactions: Mad Dog
The ET float was my favorite. I was hoping for Fast and Furious to be included. The parade goes at a slow pace, so a party bus could have been your float. Then add some cast members driving miniature cars, à la the Shriners.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Having only seen clips…

- Is there/will there be a character on the first float (Woody Woodpecker? Marilyn?)

- Is it as hard to hear the music in real life?

- I wish some of the floats had animation (aside, obviously, from the T-Rex). The Orca and Jaws are particularly static, and I can’t really tell if E.T. himself moves. Things like the bikes moving up and down would have really added excitement, I hope that’s part of what is missing.

- The dancing is STUNNING.

- is there a character list? I’m not sure if I’m correctly identifying all of the Ghostbusters. That being said, I am OVERJOYED that there are some more obscure characters populating the float, and I hope they use some of them as walk around characters. These are my favorite parts of these kinds of parades.

- Is Gertie anywhere in ET? I guess she might be too young to convincingly portray, but conspicuously absent when you have the brother’s friends.

My main observation…

I really hadn’t considered how many of these classic movies center around white brunette male leads, but the parade really puts a point on it, at least for me! Not bad, just kinda funny. I WILL say that, although I can see this being a creative choice, the face characters need more consistent bits, animation, and movement direction. While they may have some moments planned and tied to their recorded dialogue, I feel like between the static floats and the static characters, the parade sometimes just feels very much like white men standing still: the parade. Perhaps they need more time to find their choreography?

While I know that Marty McFly doing kick-ball-changes would be stupid and cringe, there is opportunity to do a pantomimed “scene” on the float that I feel currently is halfway done: “WOAH! You built a Time Machine?!!?? > Aw man, I LOVE this song! > Yikes, what TIME IS IT? > Is my body disappearing?! > Phew, we’re good! > Love you, Doc!” It’s not “dance”, but it is choreography that is entertaining to watch. When they stop and stare idly at the crowd, the energy tanks. The great thing is that a lot of the characters have scene partners that they can interact with, which I think gives a great opportunity for more banter. A PERFECT example is Officer Brody and the Mayor, they’re doing it PERFECTLY.

I really, REALLY can’t wait to see this in person, I’m SO happy that this parade exists.

Yeah, Brody and the Mayor NAILED it. I agree Marty & Doc and E.T. characters felt just a tad bit awkward but I’m sure they’ll get their footing. Ghostbusters was my favorite part. I love how the “new gen” Ghostbusters from Afterlife/Frozen Empire led the others from the original film, kind of like going “back in time” which I feel is a common theme of this parade, especially since it started with BTTF.

The music is definitely easier to hear in person, though it could be louder and some of the music changes between units was a bit wonky and not timed correctly.

I understand it was a tech rehersal but my reaction was... meh It's not that the dancer weren't polished, it was the choreography was bleh. The floats were pretty but way too static (heck, the Mardi Gras parade floats have more going on). And while I love Ghostbusters as much as anyone, what the heck is a COLUMBIA picture doing in a UNIVERSAL movie parade?

So what happened to the ECTO-1 Universal was going to restore? Wasn't it rumored to be part of the GB float?
I suspect it isn't done yet, there were Ghostbuster characters wandering around that should've been in the Ecto.

Music was also only playing from the floats and not in the park, which lost a lot of impact. Solid parade though and look forward to seeing the finished product with more choreography and effects!