Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Meow Wolf's Kaleidoscope (Elitch Gardens)

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Elitch Gardens and Meow Wolf has collaobrated, on a brand new dark ride called Meow Wolf’s Kaleidoscape.

The attraction opens this month in the Colorado amusement park, and was announced last year.

I feel like several of their props were whatever they could scrounge up from their storage bin. Definitely looks like a budget dark ride.

I'll give them this though: It looks way more interesting than Iron Reef. :rolleyes:

Well this looks wonderfully trippy, no doubt a "WTF?!" kind of experience, but in a good way.
Admittedly I've always felt a trippy type of dark ride is the way to go if you have a low budget, since you don't have to worry bout' telling a cohesive story, and the sky's the limit on what you can do...provided you can be creative about it.

Also, I think this nails the trippy aspect better than HRP's Night's in White Satin. A ride which I know a lot of people went gaga over, yet I felt some scenes in that were on the lazy side. (eg. There was a big screen where it looked like they put on a screensaver from a media player and called it a day.)

Meanwhile Kaleidoscope gives us stuff like stop motion chair flying and breaking apart at the end, and a egg which hatches a Zoetrope. (Which by the way, we need more zoetrope's used in dark rides since those things are awesome.)
Overall, it's weird and trippy...which is pretty much what I was hoping it would be!

I desperately want to go to Santa Fe just for Meow Wolf. Them doing a ride is fantastic.