MIB: Alien Attack Revamp? | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

MIB: Alien Attack Revamp?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You make a compelling argument, but I just think a better balance could have been struck over the years.

And obviously, this is coming from a place of my personal preference, not objective fact. Of course Diagon Alley is better for the resort overall than Jaws. Jaws, as a ride, blows Gringotts out of the water, however.

Gotta echo Drew's thoughts here:

Diagon > Amity
Jaws > Gringotts

And I kinda agree... :lol:

This would be an incredibly depressing outcome, especially considering what their original Nintendo plans were.

Might be for the better, even though it sucks to wait.

Diagon > Amity
Jaws > Gringotts

This is accurate.

Might be for the better, even though it sucks to wait.

Perhaps. I just feel that the original plan would have made USF a dramatically better park, and it would already be happening at this moment. And whatever we got in the eventual third park would have still been great.

But anyway! I hope MIB isn't put on life support too quickly.

Well, if we want to go on one particular route..technologically, the ride (albeit similar to Cat in The Hat) is made with a system that isn't supported in modern day practices. And with MIB, it's continuing to diminish in the general public's eye, no small part to the sequel's varying quality (with MIB3 being the closest seemingly to the original's style).

Not to mention, the building is one of the largest on Universal property. And depending on how it'd be used, could churn out something that's at a much higher capacity, with a ride system that is more modern and able to be worked on for a longer stretch of time.

LC, Shrek, and Kidzone will likely see their times to come eventually, but if Universal's contract cutoff is next year, it's very plausible that they may desire to venture into an IP that can be marketed more towards a larger mass populous.

Ok then, if they are going to rip out MIB ( You hear that Elizabeth? I'm comin' to join you honey!) then what would they replace it with? another shooter game? still would definitely need that sweet ice cold AC!

Reactions: tankart150
Mmmmm....sweet ice cold AC...

On that note, is there any reason why that AC is so good in there?? Is Will Smith THAT cool?

Someone who knows the backstage areas better might be able to better answer this, but it could be close to a chiller plant.

To bring this up, I thought someone may of mentioned (might've been @Disneyhead or @Mad Dog) of Universal potentially bringing in Oceaneering for the sake of retracking Cat in The Hat with something more..modern. I'm probably wrong, but I thought that was discussed back early on in the year.
Cat in the Hat is an opening day attraction in a land that hasn't seen anything new in over a decade.

If they re-track the ride, I imagine they'll gut the entire attraction and start new.

Or, Universal gets a 2-for-1 discount and gets Oceaneering to do MIB + Cat in the Hat at the same time. I find that idea much harder to believe.

Especially replacing a land right after you build a new theme park. Personally it’s at the point where I expect MIB or Mummy to close in USF before KidZone after FW. Quicker and easier return on investment after building a whole park rather than replacing KidZone or Lost Continent

If Stranger Things continues bringing in YUGE crowds, might be a worthy candidate to replace either of them. Mummy itself would be easier to re-purpose, but it would obviously fit better as an MiB replacement.

And Ghostbusters would fit better replacing Mummy.

Regardless, any replacement had BETTER be practical-based.

If Stranger Things continues bringing in YUGE crowds, might be a worthy candidate to replace either of them. Mummy itself would be easier to re-purpose, but it would obviously fit better as an MiB replacement.

And Ghostbusters would fit better replacing Mummy.

Regardless, any replacement had BETTER be practical-based.

Stranger Things is done after Season 4. Doubt it would ever get a permanent attraction

It's safe to assume that things will move ... slowly while we wait for Fantastic Worlds. That's gonna suck up most of the money Comcast will be funneling to UO. But after that....

Also I know this the MIB thread, but rumors of the Mummy's demise have been greatly exaggerated :pew:

It's safe to assume that things will move ... slowly while we wait for Fantastic Worlds. That's gonna suck up most of the money Comcast will be funneling to UO. But after that....

Also I know this the MIB thread, but rumors of the Mummy's demise have been greatly exaggerated :pew:
Mummy was running like a champ while I was there last week. Rode 4 times :3

Mummy was running like a champ while I was there last week. Rode 4 times :3

Same here when I was there in May. Just about perfect. Even the lighting in the treasure room was just right.

When I was there during the last week of May, the third mummy on the right that swings up in the treasure room did not come up for the entire week. It was just lying down at an odd angle.

Not a big deal but I hope it has been fixed.

Reactions: tankart150
When I was there during the last week of May, the third mummy on the right that swings up in the treasure room did not come up for the entire week. It was just lying down at an odd angle.

treasure room was perfect. all of them swung up, dialog was synced, and pyro was working.

I'm sure some vendor some where would be happy to create a new version of a shooter like MiB. I would hope that when the axe comes, UO at least remembers that it's a classic and well loved and to do it justice.

That being said, I'm going to hit it twice as often as I normally would in September. That final spin will not deter me!!

Reactions: belloq87
I understand Universal needs to look at everything from a $ standpoint, and if they can find a ride that will bring in more money than MIB than they will replace it, but at what point does Universal evaluate the quality of an attraction? To me, MIB Alien Attack is a perfect example of a ride where you do not need to know the IP at all beforehand to enjoy the ride to its fullest. Theres alien's around, shoot em. Families can go on, its easily accessible, to me this just seems smart to keep. Not even coming from Unvisersal fan boy standpoint, Id like to think Universal sees the franchise struggling but realizes a strong attraction can outlive an IP. Its rare, but it can happen. Not sure what wait times have been like here recently however.