MIB: Alien Attack Revamp? | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

MIB: Alien Attack Revamp?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just don’t buy the end of shelf life excuse for MIB needing to go when there is literally a building of engineers who could fix it if they wanted to.

Keyword being want.

MIB is becoming a forgotten IP and I think that fixing the mistake of F&F would win a lot of good faith from the public and I know that people still want a good F&F ride.

But they’re building a new park and in the current climate that we live in, fixing MIB will be a cheaper option. Plus, it is a park favourite.

For me I've accepted that MIB's days are numbered, as much as I love the ride, it's hard to ignore the key things...

- The ride manufacture no longer exists, so the ride system (same with Cat in the Hat's) is gonna' get more and more expensive to maintain/replace parts etc.

- MIB is a sizable plot of land (which can also be made even bigger if FFL goes with it.) Which makes it quite a candidate for the location of a new attraction, especially when you add in the above point...

- Let's face it, everyone and Universal themselves know F&F: Supercharged is a DUD. An it's pretty much agreed that they should have a better attraction for what is one of their biggest franchises. The only catch is there's two attractions which a lot of people feel would be fitting, a slot car attraction, or a launch coaster. Either choice is going to require a good amount of space, and when you look at the above two points...it makes perfect sense why there's a rumor of this happening.

Reactions: shiekra38
When has that stopped them?

Excellent point.

You’ve really opened a can of worms tonight.

I think all these rumours really deserve it’s own thread because it’s crossing over to multiple other threads and it would be nice to get an overall view on what is becoming a giant game of musical chairs.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I'm interested in seeing what UC can do with F&F if given free reign, unlike Supercharged. I'd love to see an indoor portion with show scenes and animatronics and an outdoor portion, kind of like Test Track/RSR. Anything that's actually FAST and FURIOUS for heavens sake!

Reactions: shiekra38
I will mourn Men in Black when it goes.

I do wonder what they'll do about the ride system problem, as I doubt there are plans to kill Cat in the Hat, as well.

• Sad
Reactions: tankart150
I will mourn Men in Black when it goes.

I do wonder what they'll do about the ride system problem, as I doubt there are plans to kill Cat in the Hat, as well.

Upgrade Cat in the Hat to a trackless ride vehicle. I don't see them swapping out Cat entirely, but MIB makes sense since the franchise is dated.

CitH is the centerpiece attraction of an entire land. MIB just exists. That makes Seuss the bigger priority.
I'd argue that MIB is a weenie when being approached from New York. Also, it's more popular than CitH ride-wise (though CitH is much more marketable and profitable), so I feel that it would be more viable to use parts from CitH to run MIB while the former gets a major revamp.

MIB was ALWAYS going to get replaced. The ride system is obsolete and it’s considered a dead franchise at the moment.
But the ride itself is excellent and timeless.

An unfortunate by-product of many classic rides depending on complex or dated ride systems...

Thus why Shrek and KidZone are still around
Then replace Kidzone and Shrek

Then replace Kidzone and Shrek

Considering the initial plans to replace Kidzone was Nintendo (another family friendly land), I don't think they'd replace KZ with a land that's more on the teen/adult side. An remember, whatever's replacing KZ has got to be a land. You don't replace a land with one attraction.

As for Shrek, there is absolutely no space in that plot for a fitting FatF attraction.