Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS) | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yep, I think it'll be a hit. I would have preferred classic Mickey, but it still looks great.

Not using Classic Mickey is a dumbfounding decision, IMHO.

Sorta like when I first waited for Spidey, thinking it was going to be based on the cartoon character designs. Thank God it wasn't.

I do have to wonder if this is somehow related to the delays in Mario Kart, which I definitely envisioned as being riding a vehicle through projected environments that had moving points of convergence.

Reactions: Ryno27
Not using Classic Mickey is a dumbfounding decision, IMHO.

Sorta like when I first waited for Spidey, thinking it was going to be based on the cartoon character designs. Thank God it wasn't.

I do have to wonder if this is somehow related to the delays in Mario Kart, which I definitely envisioned as being riding a vehicle through projected environments that had moving points of convergence.

Mario Kart has nothing to do with this.

Mario Kart is delayed because Universal wants to figure out exactly where they want to aim their money cannon

Reactions: Ryno27
Slight update on the changes to the roof of MMRR (though to be for better AC, maybe more).

From Bio, Dated May 4th:
DcZIENlV4AAwq6r.jpg

From WDWMagic, Dated July 16th:
Star-Wars-Land_Full_33118.jpg

Looks like many holes have been cut in the roof and are ready for install in the past few months.

I can't wait to hear the original song. Been a long time since a ride came with it's own theme song!

I also like the fact that it doesn't appear to be just retelling a story. While I understand the "why", I don't always like the Reader's Digest version in a ride.

I also like the fact that it doesn't appear to be just retelling a story. While I understand the "why", I don't always like the Reader's Digest version in a ride.
Mickey doesn’t really have a story to simply “retell” anyway. All of Mickey’s stuff is done through shorts pretty much, and this is based on the new shorts.

Reactions: jtsalien and SkiBum
Are those light pink squares on the roof for identifying walking pathways? Or do they serve another purpose?
They are installing air conditioning units up there. Scroll up to see the Hi-Res July 16th image I posted. They have been cutting holes in the roof in those locations where the "squares" are to put in ventilation/AC units.

Previously, the AC for the building had been on the ground.

Reactions: Bulldog45
I really feel this ride is getting overlooked with Galaxy's Edge and Toy Story just opening. This ride sounds super fun and classic Disney to me. New technology, original song, original story, and the first ride based around the mouse himself!!!! I bet it'll be on the longer side as well. Seems like it will be a great fit for DHS. Which there was more general hype for it but I don't see much.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I really feel this ride is getting overlooked with Galaxy's Edge and Toy Story just opening. This ride sounds super fun and classic Disney to me. New technology, original song, original story, and the first ride based around the mouse himself!!!! I bet it'll be on the longer side as well. Seems like it will be a great fit for DHS. Which there was more general hype for it but I don't see much.
It is said to be around 7 minutes, so by modern standards, it is certainly on the longer side.

I think there's enthusiasm for the ride, it's just tempered (for some people, including myself) by knowing that it's replacing the park's "thesis statement" attraction in The Great Movie Ride.

If Runaway Railway had taken over Animation Courtyard instead, I think more people would be a little more vocally psyched for it.

Reactions: therock