Middle Earth coming to UOR? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Middle Earth coming to UOR?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I agree on toon lagoon. Putting LOTR next to Potter would be horrid as they are such similar genres. I hope that a LOTR land isn't really coming at all... although a single attraction wouldn't bother me.

I'm in the same boat with you then Teebin. A really good dark ride featuring LOTR sounds pretty good to me actually. I know there's a lot they can do with it in that sense. I just have no interest in anything more.

Rivendell, even in forced perspective, would be a MASSIVE and spectacular piece of frickin' WOW! But not a lot happens there but talking. REALLY, REALLY important talking, but no real action. So I think that having it represented as part of a 4K 60 fps 3D flying on an eagle Soarin' inspired attraction would be great.

Which is why I would make it the "Hogsmede" of the area. Shopping and dining.

This. I don't know enough about LOTR to really suggest my own concepts, but dark rides and water rides seem to be the best fits. Not that I think Universal would do it without some thrill element, but something along the lines of POTC could be enjoyable. Lord knows IOA could use some more family attractions; a well-themed C-ticket could balance out an E-ticket dark ride.

I hope the dining/retail corridor would be Rivendell; the set design is what I liked the most about The Hobbit film. Gorgeous architecture.

(Can this thread be renamed "Middle Earth coming to UOR?" Sorry, I'm a little ODC :lol:)

Yeah, Hatetofly, please fix my champgne addled fumble fingers mistake from last night.

My favorite OCD juske is, "I'm CDO, that's just OCD, but there in right frickin' order".

I can see it this way:

The Shire= Walkthrough, Kiddie Ride, and Restaurant
Rivendell= Shopping and a Restaurant
Mirkwood= Barrel Escape
Mines of Moria= Dark Ride
Mordor= Coaster

I'd really like for this land to rely on sets and not screens. I'll make a map later today.

Last edited:

Rivendell would make for some great shopping. It is so beautiful that the really expensive stuff would FLY off the shelves. And a high end table service would definitely be called for.

I also really like the idea of a perpetual "Bilbo's Birthday Celebration" in Hobbiton with low key kiddie flat rides and copius amounts of food stands and ale. I would love to walk around with a turkey leg and a pint. And Fireworks every night!

as i said in another thread i think the staff parking lot would be a great place to put it but if it is put in toon lagoon would you re theme rip saw falls or remove it all together i love that ride as it is the best water ride in florida

as i said in another thread i think the staff parking lot would be a great place to put it but if it is put in toon lagoon would you re theme rip saw falls or remove it all together i love that ride as it is the best water ride in florida

Remove it. IOA has enough water rides, and I'd give Ripsaw Falls the axe.

I think Lost Continent is promising...Taking over Toon Lagoon would require re-theming 2 major rides...
8334756610_c87b6f30f4_m.jpg

I think Lost Continent is promising...Taking over Toon Lagoon would require re-theming 2 major rides
so you think its a good idea to put a ip that is that popular right next to harry potter do you know how crowded that could be

Untitled-80.png

As you can see, Toon Lagoon is much bigger than LC. If the space behind Thunder Falls isn't being used for JP, it can go for LOTR.

so you think its a good idea to put a ip that is that popular right next to harry potter do you know how crowded that could be

agreed. it would bring too much congestion to that end of the park. Although, I highly doubt that it would replace Toon Lagoon. With 2 large attractions there, I feel like it would be very difficult.

However, I do feel like its time for Lost Continent to go.

they could re do blutos barge and i guess take out rip saw falls:bang: and make toon lagoon middle earth if all i had to do is give up rip saw falls for this im game :happy: but to pull this off they have to close a huge section of park. And can they wrap that huge empty stage space between marvel and toon lagoon

I really don't see that trype of rapids ride fiting into th Middle Earth theme. IF they were to use Toon Lagoon, all would go. I just don't see them getting rid of their 2 popular water rides. The plot behind the Simpson's and MiB including the retention pond would be large enough. Hobbiton would be the entrance and could be where the Spung Tents are.

I really don't see that trype of rapids ride fiting into th Middle Earth theme. IF they were to use Toon Lagoon, all would go. I just don't see them getting rid of their 2 popular water rides. The plot behind the Simpson's and MiB including the retention pond would be large enough. Hobbiton would be the entrance and could be where the Spung Tents are.

Popeye could be rethemed to a scene in The Hobbit easily.

Really? I thought LC was too small, so we just thought TL.

Really? I thought LC was too small, so we just thought TL.

Given all that middle Earth is, I really don't believe either the remaining LC OR Toon Lagoon are large enough. I believe Cast Member Parking or the plot behind Simpsons/MiB are about the only places large enough to hold Middle Earth.

Or....MAYBE.....if they could get their hands on the land across Kirkman south of Major Blvd. I have heard they are in negotiations for it. I had assumed that that would be for more resorts/shopping/dining. But that would mean a thrid gate.

I really don't like the sound of a LOTR theme park. I like the way they have it now where it covers several properties. All though it would be cool to have each area visited in the movies represented.