Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mission:Space

My main complaint is they didn't seem to have touched the indoor queue at all.

Great to see a new cap com and updated video. There are some people complaining online saying it's a pointless change, but the film wasn't in HD and looked like garbage. Doing a complete audio/visual upgrade to the attraction is a smart choice.

They had to do something to reroute the queues though, so something must have changed.

Yeah - the queues have been reworked a little but it doesn't seem any props or anything were added.

The preshow is... odd. Not that it's bad, but it's the same preshow as before restaged with new actors and sets. Like word for word the same.

Yeah - the queues have been reworked a little but it doesn't seem any props or anything were added.

The preshow is... odd. Not that it's bad, but it's the same preshow as before restaged with new actors and sets. Like word for word the same.
But now hi def! I imagine.

I think the preshow was always hi-def, which is what makes it more baffling.

Anywho.. vids:

I very clearly remember it wasn't HD before.

*edit*

Appears they've really changed the atrium to make it clear which side is which and also remove the cabin they had.

I like it. Preshow is basically the same, but updated - Torres does a fine job - It's more in line with Dinosaur and not as terrible as FoP.

As for the Green side- I like that also. Glad it's different- kids should enjoy it, and its certainly an improvement. The ride will still likely be mediocre at best, but this appears to be a much improved experience altogether.

I admit that it is a bit odd to see Gina Torres read the original script virtually word for word... all it makes me think about is Gary Sinese in a weird way. I like it though and it definitely wasn't in HD before.

I admit that it is a bit odd to see Gina Torres read the original script virtually word for word... all it makes me think about is Gary Sinese in a weird way. I like it though and it definitely wasn't in HD before.
It'd be amazing if they used the Gina Torres video but kept the old audio so it looks like Gary Sinise's voice is coming out of her mouth.