Monsters Inc. Land | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Monsters Inc. Land

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You've been pushing for that area to be redeveloped for years. If Monsters ends up there, which should be the best location, your wish is finally granted.....Yeah, that's just been wasted space for too long.
It’s PRIME real estate. Launch Bay has been open for 5 years since an entire, very large land, has opened hosting its same IP’s merchandise. Add in an empty theatre, and just a Disney JR show….. this adds a lot of capacity from the jump as well as adding dining locations.

I’m hearing Disney Jr. performers have just been given an end date so make of that what you will.
I refuse to get my hopes up after today's other location news, but...
american-hustle-christian-bale.gif

Wild past couple 24 hours on this.

We went from sources saying this is 100% Animation Courtyard to "actually no it's Muppets" and now back to 50/50 "could be either"

Wild past couple 24 hours on this.

We went from sources saying this is 100% Animation Courtyard to "actually no it's Muppets" and now back to 50/50 "could be either"
Even crazier now is that a bunch of the top wdwmagic people like lentesta , the site owner, and martinsvids, as well as Brayden alluding to it, are all basically pointing signs to a muppets American history show replacing the hall of presidents.

Even crazier now is that a bunch of the top wdwmagic people like lentesta , the site owner, and martinsvids, as well as Brayden alluding to it, are all basically pointing signs to a muppets American history show replacing the hall of presidents.
Considering how divisive American politics have become, I can see why Disney wants to move away from the Hall of Presidents. This hypothetical new Muppets show has a lot of comedic potential.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Removing an accessible-to-anyone attraction that is easy to get into in favor of a height-limited E-ticket does nothing to help Hollywood Studios' already considerable capacity issue. In fact, the removal of Muppet*Vision will make it worse, as its replacement will be one more attraction with a perpetual 60+ minute wait in a park already full of such rides.

Hollywood Studios desperately needs more attractions with manageable waits, not fewer.

Removing an accessible-to-anyone attraction that is easy to get into in favor of a height-limited E-ticket does nothing to help Hollywood Studios' already considerable capacity issue. In fact, the removal of Muppet*Vision will make it worse, as its replacement will be one more attraction with a perpetual 60+ minute wait in a park already full of such rides.

Hollywood Studios desperately needs more attractions with manageable waits, not fewer.
But remember, there have been constant moments like this in recent memory where Disney feels like its being run by idiots. While I hope MuppetVision stays and Monsters go in AC, we have to brace ourselves for the worst.

Some rumblings over on WDWMagic are claiming if Muppets goes for MI, the IPs rumored for what would take over AC are at this point in time are Zootopia and Simpsons.

For whatever this is worth, Corless is adamant that it's going in Animation Courtyard. Like, "If I could issue a personal guarantee, I would" adamant. Like, "It's going to be really embarrassing if I have to confirm the other location after this" adamant.

He says he's also heard from CMs who would be affected by various closures in AC.

We'll see.

But remember, there have been constant moments like this in recent memory where Disney feels like its being run by idiots. While I hope MuppetVision stays and Monsters go in AC, we have to brace ourselves for the worst.

Some rumblings over on WDWMagic are claiming if Muppets goes for MI, the IPs rumored for what would take over AC are at this point in time are Zootopia and Simpsons.
After the high of Saturday night, I am fully back to expecting the worst from Disney. I'm ready to be hurt again!

As for the other potential AC replacements... yuck.

Especially if it's the ride from Shanghai.

For whatever this is worth, Corless is adamant that it's going in Animation Courtyard. Like, "If I could issue a personal guarantee, I would" adamant. Like, "It's going to be really embarrassing if I have to confirm the other location after this" adamant.

He says he's also heard from CMs who would be affected by various closures in AC.

We'll see.

After the high of Saturday night, I am fully back to expecting the worst from Disney. I'm ready to be hurt again!

As for the other potential AC replacements... yuck.

Especially if it's the ride from Shanghai.
Another theory I have about this whole Muppets going away drama starting is due to wires being crossed from Disney bloggers and their sources. Part of me believes that MI is taking over AC but the next expansion after that may take over Grand Avenue and by extension MV3D and ST.

You've been pushing for that area to be redeveloped for years. If Monsters ends up there, which should be the best location, your wish is finally granted.....Yeah, that's just been wasted space for too long.
And they did part of what I wanted them to do! I have so many posts on the topic that I could make a very comical post quoting myself through the years, but i'll just leave this here from June 2017.
So we all know DHS could use some major help. I was looking at the park map and thinking what I would do with Billions in mind (which it really needs AFTER SWL and TSL) for the park. By 2019 (or whenever SWL opens), the park will have 9 rides and 5-6 shows.

Here's what I would do (can you tell I can't sleep??):

1. Bulldoze the animation building and the adjacent parking garage (yes, the one they are currently hiding). Move all operations run out of the animation building and all offices to elsewhere on property.

2. As a segue from Toy Story Land, you would enter a Monstropolis themed area where you would find the Monster's Inc. Door Coaster and Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor. Both would take up a rather small amount of space. Perhaps there would be a B-ticket type ride as well. Moving Laugh Floor would free up space in Tomorrowland as well. Harryhausen's would be a table service restaurant in Monstropolis (Japanese Restaurant).

3. From Monstropolis, you would walk behind where The Little Mermaid show currently sits to give you an idea of where we are. The Little Mermaid show would be updated to the DCL version of Tangled: The Musical. Then opposite of the theater would be a Tangled boat ride, filling a park need... a ride for all ages and the lack of a boat ride in the park. The Snuggly Duckling would be the quick service in this area.

4. By this point we are starting to run out of room as you have to take backstage space into account. So last in this area would be an Up-based Paradise Falls Rafting Adventure Ride, filling another park need, as DHS doesn't have a pure water ride either. This ride would be far longer than Kali and would be extremely well themed.

Since this would be built completely on backstage land, it's a true expansion and a gain of 4 rides (all exclusive), 1 new show (replacement) and a attraction moved from another park. Also 2 new restaurants, 1 QSR and 1 TSR.
Then in 2022 I said something very similar:
I've laid out exactly what I think needs to be done with DHS for a long time in vast detail, but i'll summarize once again that I think Muppets should either be better fleshed out by having an actual ride, or the area removed entirely. Indiana Jones Stunt Show can stay and be surrounded by an Indiana Jones land that includes an IJ ride using Pirates tech and the Paris coaster.

Lastly, rearrange backstage buildings (and knock down the parking garage along with the animation building) to connect TSL to RNRC and in the middle, add a land based on fantasy animated properties that currently are not represented in the parks such as Tangled (boat ride and snuggly duckling quick service), Up (Water ride), and Monsters inc (Door Coaster, Harryhausen's table service). Maybe Big Hero 6 as well.

Doing that would be putting billions more into the park, but it would ultimately finally make the park feel like a fairly full day park without having to expand into the parking lot yet. Even after that type of stuff, there's still plenty of room for expansion. People think DHS has no room, but with a little maneuvering, the park can have a pretty decent amount of land to work with, but this is years and years down the line.

Looking back at this and thinking on it, anyone think they may just pick up and move Laugh Floor as I suggested to give the land a second thing to do? Also, I honestly can't believe that we're finally getting a "new" show in that theater, and it's just an updated version of The Little Mermaid instead of trying something different. Insanity.

Im hopeful. I am wondering where he heard it from though.
I'll be clear here that I don't want people to think I have "inside info" on this whole situation. I just know someone on the entertainment side of things who shared that. with me today. It doesn't exactly mean anything for sure. Maybe they're updating the Disney Jr. show again for all I know. I just see it as a potential sign that perhaps this is our location.

Last edited:
With a potential move to Animation Courtyard, what would we be looking at attraction wise? Door coaster a given but would there be space to move Laugh Floor across from MK and potential to bring across Ride n Go Seek? Or will that not be possible in that space?

With a potential move to Animation Courtyard, what would we be looking at attraction wise? Door coaster a given but would there be space to move Laugh Floor across from MK and potential to bring across Ride n Go Seek? Or will that not be possible in that space?
If Disney Junior is going away for MI, maybe (fingers crossed) there will be a D ticket dark ride with no height requirement. DHS needs more of these badly.

This is potential space to play with. I actually think Disney Jr. building isn't included in that, but it's a relatively small building. It's a slightly old aerial photo but the only thing that has changed is Rodeo BBQ replacing a few of those bungalow buildings near TSL.
upload_2019-1-15_15-2-50-png.8681