Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Most Anticipated Flavor at Florean Fortescue’s

Which flavor are you looking forward to trying?

• Total voters
I've seen quite a few pictures of Butterbeer floats doing the rounds recently, has anyone tried one?!

I didn't see them on the menu but I think I saw someone order one at the bar next to the ice cream parlor. I saw some people waiting at the far end register (next to the door in the wall leading to Florean's) and someone came through that door with something and gave it to them. Probably makes sense it would only be there and possibly a hidden option with the proximity of the two.

I was surprised at how good the Earl Grey and Lavender was, and I also liked the Clotted Cream, which was different than I expected but very good. Most people would think it would be like a vanilla (at least here in the states, where most people don't really know what clotted cream is), but it's more of like a sour cream type flavor.

Looking again at Twitter, it might have been people buying the drink and the ice cream and combining them themselves.

@jeremiahgood: "Why yes, a Butterbeer float is the best thing in the world! [HASHTAG]#DiagonAlley[/HASHTAG]"

Br3_gGaCEAAjgMs.jpg

@FLThrillParks: "Guess what's about to happen!! [HASHTAG]#butterbeerfloat[/HASHTAG]"

Bsc8Fg_CMAA0-BU.jpg:large

Tried butterbeer ice cream and it was everything I could have hoped for and more.

Apple Crumble is extremely amazing. I almost like it better than Butterbeer. Worst flavor by far for me is Clotted Cream. Tastes like an even tarter version of key lime pie and I love key lime. Way too tart for my tastes.

Here are the flavors I've tried, and what I thought of them!

Butterbeer soft serve--This was the first one I tried. Very creamy, strong butterbeer flavor. I like it better than regular or frozen butterbeer, but ice-cream-wise I still prefer the hard-packed ice cream at FF.

Salted Caramel Blondie --the best out of all that I tried! It has a very strong flavor, soft chunks of blondies, and is very creamy and sweet.

Earl Grey and Lavender --Loved this ice cream. If you like vanilla you will like this. It's a subtle sweet cream ice cream with a light floral/lavender flavor. Didn't taste the tea part. However if you aren't the kind of person who likes vanilla ice cream, you will probably find it too plain.

Apple Crumble--has the same kind of cinnamon-apple flavor you would get in oatmeal, with the same dehydrated bits of apple. It was good, but not great. I kept thinking of oatmeal instead of apple pie. Not saying it's bad, but I'd rather order one of the three flavors above.

Sticky Toffee Pudding- Has a basic light butterscotch flavor overall, with bits of chewy pieces in it. Kind of like a watered-down version of the Salted Caramel Blondie flavor. I would definitely recommend ordering the blondie flavor instead. Better yet--go have real sticky toffee pudding at the Leaky Cauldron!

Last edited:
Sounds like you had a blast, enjoyed reading all of your in-depth reviews. Best work buddy.

Also a tip about going to FF--it starts getting crowded around lunch time, and the line will be out the door the rest of the day. I found it was best to go there in the morning if you don't like to wait in line.

Tried the butter beer ice cream, you guys over hyped this thing like it was the second coming of Christ. It was literally vanilla ice cream with a caramel topping, do yourself a favor and try something else if you go, way better options to be had

We did? I'm pretty sure the reviews have been good, but not "2nd coming of Christ" good. :lol:

Well not just OU but the overall buzz about it on twitter and social media as a whole overblew butter beer ice cream. To quote Len testa said "I'd slap my grandmother for a cup of it", Banks from attractions repetedly called it "the best thing ever". I respect both of them immensely but my god it's just vanilla ice cream :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Mercy Cole, your reviews here tonight are full of confusing Moxie.

I guess they are, just speaking my weird thoughts as they came to me. Loved the land but not everything in it lol

Tried the butter beer ice cream, you guys over hyped this thing like it was the second coming of Christ. It was literally vanilla ice cream with a caramel topping, do yourself a favor and try something else if you go, way better options to be had
I tasted no carmel...more or less creamed soda in ice cream form....still can't beat the original

I too was a little underwhelmed with the Butterbeer ice cream, but it's still enjoyable and I'm sure I'll get it on later visits. Has anyone had the Apple Crumble cause I'm going next week and want to know what it's like.