Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Most missed ride at UO

Which one do YOU miss most?

• Kongfrontation

Votes: 47 29.0%
  • Back to the Future....the Ride

Votes: 54 33.3%
  • Ghostbusters Spooktakular

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Triceratops Encounter

Votes: 8 4.9%
  • Alfred Hitchcock: Art of Movie Making

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Murder She Wrote Mystery Theatre

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Wild Wild Wild West Stunt Show

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Nickelodeon Studios

Votes: 16 9.9%
  • Jaws

Votes: 13 8.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghostbusters Spooktacular. There was something about that show that made me want to see it over and over again. I remember it being insanely campy, but very fun.

Long live Kong. I think it was one of the best rides ever a true engineering marvel , We got to ride it both lit up and dark .
but my wife may chose otherwise ,she has fond memories of Ghostbusters. She got picked to go up on stage as a ghostbuster and was the one that sprayed water on the crowd :)

Nickelodeon Studios for the simple fact that the tour was the main reason I went to Orlando but never actually went on it.

I'll tell the quick story as to why. I was a huge Nick fan in the 90s (who wasn't?) and after seeing "Kenan and Kel was recorded in front of a live studio audience at Nickelodeon Studios in Orlando at Universal Studios Florida" I wanted to go there and see a show live. My aunt did the research and found out that Disney was nearby. After being pushed back a few years thanks to me having to attend summer school :doh: we finally were able to take our first vacation in 2001. I planned on visiting Nick and then spending the rest of the trip in Disney because what kid doesn't want to go to Disney? I had no idea that Nick was located inside a theme park. I ended up going on every ride at Universal and Islands of Adventure that I could (I was only 9 at the time) and never once stepping foot inside Nick because I was too excited by the rest of the rides in the park. When we finally got to Disney, I was bored.

In all the years following, I just never bothered with going into Nickelodeon anymore and I sort of regret that. But hey, I had fun taking pictures of the "slime" fountain, which did annoy me when I saw it in person and I could tell it was just colored water.

Jaws/Kongfrontation/Ghostbusters. I miss Jaws already so I'm going with that but I know gringotts will be an awesome replacement so since the mummy is great fun I would say Ghostbusters just due to the terrible replacement we got,

Jaws, Kongfrontation, & Back to the Future. They where all amazing rides that made Universal Studios Florida great in the 90's. Now they are all gone due to demand for new crap. :saw:

Kong, mainly because of the sheer scale of the ride. As a 10 year-old kid, the New York theming felt pretty darn authentic, especially with the queue.

Hell I was in college and it felt pretty damn authentic :lol:

Back to the Future and Jaws. Loved Back to the Future as a kid. Jaws was neat too. Never did get on Kong so I can't say I miss it, wish I did thoguh (and Revenge of the Mummy is a good ride.)

Status
Not open for further replies.